HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

2011-2012 NHL suspensions tracker

Old
03-15-2012, 12:17 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

vCash: 874
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckSim8 View Post
Gotta add 3 games for Myers
Added

03-16-2012, 07:29 PM
luongoisdaman

vCash: 500
Skinner for 2 games for kicking.

luongoisdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:22 AM
hatterson
Global Moderator

Updated with the Skinner suspension

hatterson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 08:23 AM
hatterson
Global Moderator

I added the doan suspension and also stubbed in the assumed upcoming Keith suspension.

Old
03-23-2012, 06:14 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

Updated with the details of the Keith suspension

Old
03-23-2012, 06:26 PM
DL44

vCash: 133
Is there a "Fine" tracker?

Is there a list of players fined this yr? i.e. Weber early this season $2500 for boarding...

or are they just sprinkled around in the thread as they occur...

DL44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL44 View Post
Is there a "Fine" tracker?

Is there a list of players fined this yr? i.e. Weber early this season $2500 for boarding...

or are they just sprinkled around in the thread as they occur...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2...ions_and_fines

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 08:43 PM
featherhawk

LOL fines.......every single one of them is $2,500.00......that is a joke why bother????? fines should mean something to players not be a joke...

Just goes to show you that the NHL doesn't really want to change the behaviour of players at all and is 100% happy with it.

If the NHL wanted to clean up the Burrows Kneeing, biting, hair pulling, Kunitz, rubbing heads on the ice, Avery's loud mouth comments and making a mockery of being in front of brodeur and countless of other dozen idiotic things they need to make the fines substantial.......

like $80,000 or $ 100,000 per offence....otherwise its like $ 20.00 bucks to the middle class folk and we also laugh it off and we would do it over and over and over and over......

featherhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 05:54 PM
oilforone

What is the purpose of this thread? It means nothing other than show how meaningless suspensions are towards cleaning up the dirty hits. Accomplishes zero.

oilforone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 09:10 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilforone View Post
What is the purpose of this thread? It means nothing other than show how meaningless suspensions are towards cleaning up the dirty hits. Accomplishes zero.
Originally I started it in the pre-season when Shanahan was handing out suspension and making videos like they were candy.

It serves as an easy reference for all the suspensions that have occurred this season and give you can easy place to track down the videos and HF threads associated with each one.

Old
03-24-2012, 11:18 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I do agree that the current method for both judging and punishing hits or actions that are deemed worthy of suspension and as such intentional are both random and unfair to both parties. Nothing is being done to lower the rate or severity of the amount of dirty plays or the injuries caused by them. There are easy solutions but the NHL refuses to do anything about it.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Trojan35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbbearcats View Post
LOL fines.......every single one of them is $2,500.00......that is a joke why bother????? fines should mean something to players not be a joke...

Just goes to show you that the NHL doesn't really want to change the behaviour of players at all and is 100% happy with it.

If the NHL wanted to clean up the Burrows Kneeing, biting, hair pulling, Kunitz, rubbing heads on the ice, Avery's loud mouth comments and making a mockery of being in front of brodeur and countless of other dozen idiotic things they need to make the fines substantial.......

like $80,000 or $ 100,000 per offence....otherwise its like $ 20.00 bucks to the middle class folk and we also laugh it off and we would do it over and over and over and over......
It's the CBA, they can only fine $2500.

And it kinda makes sense. The PA doesn't want players fined $100k+ while the league still gets to have them play games/make owners money. This way, if the league truly wants to clean things up they have to be willing to sit the stars of the game as punishment.

Trojan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 04:10 PM
youvegotit

Wild defensemen Nate Prosser gets one game for his headbutt http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=626317

youvegotit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 03:07 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetCluttered22 View Post
Wild defensemen Nate Prosser gets one game for his headbutt http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=626317
Added.

Everything should be updated and complete for the 2011-2012 regular season. Who knows if they playoffs will spawn something.

However for Pre+Regular season we had 43 suspensions totaling 134 regular season games and 28 pre-season games. None of the suspensions handed out during the regular season will carry over into the playoffs.

Old
04-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
And we have our first playoff suspension. Byron Bitz of the Nucks gets two games for boarding.

Taro Tsujimoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 07:19 PM
featherhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan35 View Post
It's the CBA, they can only fine $2500.

And it kinda makes sense. The PA doesn't want players fined $100k+ while the league still gets to have them play games/make owners money. This way, if the league truly wants to clean things up they have to be willing to sit the stars of the game as punishment.
so the league doesn't really want to clean it up then....if they did Weber should have been fined for 250,000 bucks or suspend him......its a joke....

featherhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

If Tyler Myers did that to Zetterberg he would have gotten 5 games.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:58 AM
Hotgoaliechic
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbbearcats View Post
so the league doesn't really want to clean it up then....if they did Weber should have been fined for 250,000 bucks or suspend him......its a joke....
I do not agree fully with the suspensions and if they are consistent or not.. but Weber DID get fined. He got fined the same as all other players have all season.. I do think head shots and such are important to try to calm down at any level. From personal experience and seeing what has happened with my brother, concussions have gotten very extreme and there are a lot of players out there that need to be suspended and/or fined to get the hint. Some of them may need to learn by having it happen to them, but most of them get it after they are suspended or fined and after they have seen the hit that came into question. A lot of the guys this year didn't realize how bad it was until they are shown the video after the fact and then they feel bad or at least understand the situation, then when they come back they are more aware but still play their game to the best of the ability, just with the extra caution and knowledge. Shanahan has played and understands situations on the ice and I think so far he has done a pretty good job with it, with the few that I do not agree with that were suspended and then others that I think should have been that weren't. Before people complain about the suspensions and fines that have happened this year I think everyone needs to take a look at someone that has been through serious head injuries and neck injuries and take a second thought. My brother is done playing for good and is only 20 years old. I was out for over a year and am just know starting to be able to play again and will never be at what I used to be and won't be able to get certain offers I had before. All I am trying to say is I think people need to think about the situations more before they complain about everything and the suspensions in the first place.

Hotgoaliechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:30 AM
hatterson
Global Moderator

FYI, if anyone is wondering why I haven't put any playoff suspensions in the OP it is because I am currently out of country and my only Internet access is via my iPad.

I'll update everything when I get back (apr 24th). If a mod wants to update the OP before then, go for it

Old
04-21-2012, 08:02 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Here is how I think the NHL should solve its problems in this area.

The solution to this problem is simple.

Once an intent to injure major is called on the ice the offending player is suspended from the NHL in its entirety. His case is then sent to an NHL adjudicator where it is reviewed and if it is indeed found to have been intentional then that player remains suspended by the NHL and is unavailable to play in the NHL or receive any pay from any NHL team or its affiliates until the injured player returns to regular game play.

Once the injured player returns to regular NHL play the suspended player can then apply for reinstatement to the NHL and then be allowed to serve any suspension that the league deems fit for the actions that saw him removed from the NHL.

The only addition that I would make to this is that I would allow for an outside arbitrator to review the case as an automatic appeal prior to the player be removed from the NHL.

In other words if you are found to have intentionally injured another player then you are thrown out of the NHL until that player returns to regular NHL play and then the NHL will assess any suspension that they think you have coming.

It makes you accountable for your actions in that if you pull a Bertuzzi and literally ruin another players career to the point where he is unable to return to the NHL then you too will never play in the NHL again.

If you only temporarily injure a player then you get to sit out until they return to play and then you can serve further suspension as determined by the league. It would have to make hacks think twice about running guys and intentionally injuring them.

There is more to the idea but I believe it would work or even a modified version of it would work so much better than what we have to accept as discipline today.

Shanahan sucks at this job and should be removed. A hack like Bitz should have to sit out until Clifford returns to regular NHL play and then be allowed to serve his two games.

AN eye for an eye.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 04:12 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

Added all the playoff suspensions.

Old
05-21-2012, 08:54 AM