HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLIII All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2012, 05:20 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
TSN picking up saturday night hockey is my dream come true. I freaking hate CBC's crappy pro-Boston and pro-Toronto agenda.

TSN's coverage is the best in the business, and if they could lure McGuire for the saturday night games... Whammo!!
Nah I'd rather see him at the WJC... to be honest though he hasn't been as funny/awkward/entertaining at NBC. Maybe he's grown up now

Old
05-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Protest the Hero

I don't really care who gets them but I do have 2 HD TSN channels(TSN and TSN2) and only 1 CBCHD channel which is always the Toronto feed for me, so I'm usually stuck watching their crappy SD feed for their Montreal games.

TSN does have better cameras, insiders, commentators, and intermission panels though. CBC only has my nostalgia at this point.

Old
05-20-2012, 06:39 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
TSN picking up saturday night hockey is my dream come true. I freaking hate CBC's crappy pro-Boston and pro-Toronto agenda.

TSN's coverage is the best in the business, and if they could lure McGuire for the saturday night games... Whammo!!
TSN used to be the best but it's not the case anymore. They lost a lot of people.

Old
05-20-2012, 06:42 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
HNIC for me died when they took the french broadcast off the air. it was a sad day then. it took damn near ten years but i think RDS is doing an 'almost' as good a job as the french HNIC used to do.

as for CBC's HNIC? they can get bent. get cherry off the air? yes please.

if they didn't have some of the worst PBP and color guys in the business, i'd feel a bit sorry for the them...

so good riddance
The french broadcast was horrible. So boring and out of touch and their best PBP guys had left.

Old
05-20-2012, 10:08 AM
peate
Habs fan 4 life.

vCash: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
The french broadcast was horrible. So boring and out of touch and their best PBP guys had left.
The days of René Lecavalier and Gilles Tremblay were pretty good but nothing beat Danny Gallivan. Now I don't really listen to commentators that much, I prefer to tune them way down and just watch.

Old
05-20-2012, 10:35 AM
The Doors

Anyways... sweep for the Kings today?

Old
05-20-2012, 10:44 AM
peate
Habs fan 4 life.

vCash: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
Anyways... sweep for the Kings today?
If the Coyotes come out desperate enough they might actually steal a game here but I wouldn't bet on them. They'll need a fair amount of luck just to beat Quick.

Old
05-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

What? No more saturday night hockey on CBC?

Old
05-21-2012, 07:10 AM
Unagi

Crosby destined to be a Hab by 2013/2014?

I was wondering what the Habs fans think the odds are that Crosby will sign with Montreal once he becomes an UFA in 2013/2014? After all he has always stated the Habs were his favourite franchise. Would you guys even want him on the team? Has he said anything that would indicate that he consideres going to Montreal or is he set to be a Penguin for the rest of his career?

Discuss

Old
05-21-2012, 07:15 AM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Chances are high he never turns UFA. The Pens will do everything to sign him back.

Old
05-21-2012, 07:30 AM
PernellKarl76

vCash: 50
He has a blank cheque in Pitt

Old
05-21-2012, 08:23 AM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesee22 View Post
He has a blank cheque in Pitt
Just in Pitt?

Old
05-21-2012, 08:32 AM
BLONG7

I think he will leave the Pens for the Habs....just a hunch...maybe not a free agent though, the Pens will realize he is leaving and trade him to the Habs in a deal that will leave everyone scratching their heads...

Old
05-21-2012, 09:21 AM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
I think he will leave the Pens for the Habs....just a hunch...maybe not a free agent though, the Pens will realize he is leaving and trade him to the Habs in a deal that will leave everyone scratching their heads...

I don't think Crosby will pull a "dick move" and leave the Pens high and dry, i'd say the odds are that he will be a Pen 4 life (as much as I'd love to have him with us )

Old
05-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Congrats to Emelin.

Talking about Russia, I guess I'll be a minority but I also don't put everybody in the same boat. And I'd have NO problem welcoming back Perezhogin. Would have no problem signing Semin. And I woudl also go as far as wanting a guy that could stabilize our D, in Nikulin. Used to be Emelin's partner, and plays a safe but really smart D.

Old
05-21-2012, 09:29 AM
The Doors

I'm all for the Russians on this team. When things are going well theyre considered gods here, fans and media just have to learn not to jump on them so harshly when they make a mistake (I guess you can say that about all of our players). But such is the catch-22 of the Habs... we love our team so ****ing much that we shoot ourselves in the foot . Perezhogin would be brilliant on the RW with Eller.

What kind of player is Emelin's former partner? Does he have a mean streak? I think as a team the Habs have a pretty nice reputation amongst international players, if we could pry another steal like Emelin (great player costing no assets) it would be a no-brainer...

Old
05-21-2012, 09:35 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
what peate said. it wasn't always crap... and im old enough to have watched the habs win the last two cups on the french HNIC

Old
05-21-2012, 09:44 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I'm all for the Russians on this team. When things are going well theyre considered gods here, fans and media just have to learn not to jump on them so harshly when they make a mistake (I guess you can say that about all of our players). But such is the catch-22 of the Habs... we love our team so ****ing much that we shoot ourselves in the foot . Perezhogin would be brilliant on the RW with Eller.

What kind of player is Emelin's former partner? Does he have a mean streak? I think as a team the Habs have a pretty nice reputation amongst international players, if we could pry another steal like Emelin (great player costing no assets) it would be a no-brainer...
Nikulin is pretty old though. Was picked by the Thrashers in 2000. He doesn't have a mean streak at all. Not soft but not an initiator. Yet, I have rarely seen him make mistakes. I was watching a lot of games when Emelin was in Russia, and Nikulin was always the guy that was noticeable by how solid he was. Mistake-free in almost every game. Again, he's not going to move until you throw the moon at him which we won't. Just saying that at one point, I really really liked his play.

Frankly, I say all that and not expecting anything in that regard. Semin would look good with Pleks though.

Old
05-21-2012, 09:47 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Nikulin is pretty old though. Was picked by the Thrashers in 2000. He doesn't have a mean streak at all. Not soft but not an initiator. Yet, I have rarely seen him make mistakes. I was watching a lot of games when Emelin was in Russia, and Nikulin was always the guy that was noticeable by how solid he was. Mistake-free in almost every game. Again, he's not going to move until you throw the moon at him which we won't. Just saying that at one point, I really really liked his play.

Frankly, I say all that and not expecting anything in that regard. Semin would look good with Pleks though.
Semin will look even better with Datzyuk.

Old
05-21-2012, 09:52 AM
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Cool. I didn't really follow the worlds, what did you think of Perezhogin the last few weeks? I'm really hoping Bergevin is able to build us a nice stable of forward depth. It was so frustrating this season watching our wingers get decimated and replaced by guys who had heart and worked hard but may as well not have even been carrying a hockey stick. I'd love to see MB stock us with 13 NHL quality forwards and poaching a few players from the KHL may be the craftiest way to do that without overpaying for bottom-six talent (Gaustaud, Prust, Moen as much as I like him could have a huge price tag thru bidding war, etc).

Old
05-21-2012, 09:54 AM
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Semin will look even better with Datzyuk.
Agreed I think the Wings will do what they did with Hossa and throw a one-year 6 or 7,000,000 at Semin.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:21 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Agreed I think the Wings will do what they did with Hossa and throw a one-year 6 or 7,000,000 at Semin.
Don't think Semin will agree to a one year deal. It's pretty rare that the star players in their prime agree to one year deals. Hossa was an exception.

I don't think Semin is the solution to their problem either. Certainly helps, but they need to get rid of some old wood, and I think they will focus a lot more on Suter if he's available. They need to find Lidstrom replacement, because even if he comes back for another year, he won't be here for much longer. A guy like Suter is about as good a Dman you'll find on the open market. Guys like him don't hit free agency that often.
I expect Nashville to move him to the East for a conditional pick if they can't re-sign him before July.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Teufelsdreck

I hope the Coyotes and Devils get as many home games as possible. They could use the revenue. Ideally, they would face each other in the finals.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:39 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I hope the Coyotes and Devils get as many home games as possible. They could use the revenue. Ideally, they would face each other in the finals.
Every single extra game in Phoenix = less and less hope that team will ever move to Quebec City.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:43 AM
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Don't think Semin will agree to a one year deal. It's pretty rare that the star players in their prime agree to one year deals. Hossa was an exception.

I don't think Semin is the solution to their problem either. Certainly helps, but they need to get rid of some old wood, and I think they will focus a lot more on Suter if he's available. They need to find Lidstrom replacement, because even if he comes back for another year, he won't be here for much longer. A guy like Suter is about as good a Dman you'll find on the open market. Guys like him don't hit free agency that often.
I expect Nashville to move him to the East for a conditional pick if they can't re-sign him before July.
But do you really think Semin is going to get a huge, multi-year deal? His best bet is to line up 5 or 6 teams and hope one gives him a contract similiar pay to his current one. Prove his worth and get back to being a PPG player on the wing of someone like Datsyuk, or alongside the Sedins after they move Luongo's contract, or maybe a cheaper option for NJ if Parise walks (Kovalchuk+Semin...) then return to the open market next year. Wouldn't you say?

Closed Thread