HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Who replaces Prust?

Old
05-21-2012, 10:00 AM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Y do people keep thinking that MZA is ready? Did I miss something?

Dubi has at least practiced, you know, WITH the team wearing a normal jersey (not the non-contact variety). MZA has not. He's not even an option at this point, though I'm not sure Dubi is either.

We'll find out in a few hrs, but it won't be MZA.
Actually he has. He did skate with a regular jersey in a few pratices before being asked to work with the black aces.

I think you're right on the last point, tho. As long as our pp looks allright, he won't play.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:02 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
You could also look at it as an opportunity to get Dubi in for a few shifts on the 4th line as he works on his game conditioning. I'd only expect Bickel to get 4-5 minutes anyway.

Really, it needs to be Fedotenko that "replaces" Prust, particularly if they end up having to kill a bunch of penalties. None of the options on the bench can be asked to step in and cover Prusts 15 minutes.
Prust plays around 11 minutes, so getting Dubi to cover 8-9 of them and Feds/Mitchell/Rupp to take the rest is no biggie.

Also, agree on starting Dubi with less minutes to get him back into game shape.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post
Actually he has. He did skate with a regular jersey in a few pratices before being asked to work with the black aces.

I think you're right on the last point, tho. As long as our pp looks allright, he won't play.
Appologies then.

All I've read was that Zucc was practicing on his own. If he's ready I'd play him.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:27 AM
1940rip

Doubt you'll see either Zucc or Dubi, both have only participated in non-contact practices to this point. Expect Bickel up on wing...unless Torts has a wrinkle after this morning's skate.

1940rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:47 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1940rip View Post
Doubt you'll see either Zucc or Dubi, both have only participated in non-contact practices to this point. Expect Bickel up on wing...unless Torts has a wrinkle after this morning's skate.
Dubinsky practiced full-contact yesterday.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:57 AM
nevesis

Dubi confirms he is out tonight.

nevesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:58 AM
skitts

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord

Brandon Dubinsky says he's skating more freely but he will not be in the lineup tonight.

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN

#NYR Dubinsky on availability for Game 4: "tonight, it's a No."

skitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Vitto79

whoever the replacement for Prust is will see maybe 3 minutes tops

I guess Feds , Rupp or Mitchell needs to step it up. I imagine Feds gets 3rd line minutes with Anisimov and Boyle and we barely see the 4th line

btw why bother getting Scott at the deadline if he's not even an option in the playoffs? What a waste of a pick. I would play him ahead of Bickel upfront btw

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:15 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
It actually wouldn't shock me if Torts played Wellman or even Miller instead of Bickel at this point. I think he's tired of the 6th dman and whether Eminger, Bickel or both dress, the top 5 are going to get a ton of minutes the rest of the way.

In addition, I don't think Torts was pleased at all with his forwards last game. Kreider was the best player out there, and I guarantee a part of it is that he's not wearing down the same way the other guys that have played a ton of games. Who knows, maybe Wellman or Miller can add another spark the way Kreider has.
Assuming Dubi not healthy enough to be ready this series, I would like to say this^.
Definitely no MZA.

I would say Miller, even if not optimally ready, because a game or 2, how much damage can he do, and the experience would be good as to downside, but with good potential upside as described above.

but if this is his only game, does that = 1 yr off his ELC?

So by process of elimination, it will be Wellman/Scott, depending upon if Scott can skate well enough to stay on the 4th line.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:25 AM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

"Steve Zipay notes that Stu Bickel is wearing a blue jersey designating him as a forward at Rangers practice today.

Bickel is expected to come into the lineup to replace the suspended Brandon Prust."

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:46 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Kreider says hello.

Not disagreeing about Wellman, but he knows the type of player Zucc is and he knows the type of progress Zucc has made since last season. He was commending him before the injury.

Given the way Torts shelters Bickel, I'd have to think if Dubinsky can't go and Zuccarello is close enough to 100%, he would go with Zucc. With Zucc, he can play him the same 3-4 minutes on a fourth line, but he can get Zucc 2-3 more mins on the PP, where he's at his best. It's also a unique skillet and a look that the devils have not seen. That alone is a small advantage.

With that said, I think in all likelihood, Dubinsky is going to play tonight. I think the decision has already been made and the only reason it hasn't been confirmed officially yet is because Torts doesn't want to give Deboer any advantage of dressing his lineup accordingly. Torts has outcoached Petey boy so far. Let's hope it continues.
Kreider is a special case--and even he might have stayed on the sidelines if Hagelin hadn't been suspended and Boyle concussed. The choice then was--John Scott or Chris Krieder. Who would you have chosen? Wellman was still playing in Hartford and MZA nursing his injury. There wasn't much choice. Eminger as a winger? Woywitka as a winger?

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 01:56 PM
BlessThisMess11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgaz728 View Post
As you all know, Pruster is out for Game 4. So with that begins the talk of a possible replacement. What say you?
Bickel better not get more than 6 minutes he is atrocious

BlessThisMess11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitts View Post
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord

Brandon Dubinsky says he's skating more freely but he will not be in the lineup tonight.

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN

#NYR Dubinsky on availability for Game 4: "tonight, it's a No."
Anybody else find this a bit suspicious? Specifically, that the entire Rangers organization and Dubinsky didnt say a peep about his injury and now hes telling reporters that hes definitely out tonight? Just sounds strange to me.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Vito Andolini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Anybody else find this a bit suspicious? Specifically, that the entire Rangers organization and Dubinsky didnt say a peep about his injury and now hes telling reporters that hes definitely out tonight? Just sounds strange to me.
He was asked a direct question for obvious reasons on his availability tonight. It's possible that he spoke out of line when he said he's definitely out.

Vito Andolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

C'mon Torts look at that face...

How can you not love that face?

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote