HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

NY vs. LA SCF.. NYR will win. Weird.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-21-2012, 10:13 AM
  #1
StayFrosty
Registered User
 
StayFrosty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
NY vs. LA SCF.. NYR will win. Weird.

I hate to sound like a dick here. Or a troll. After all, I'm the guy who made that thread predicting the Nucks and Sens would be eliminated, and blaming it on a possible conspiracy. I do think I'll be right on what I say this thread, for whatever reason. But I'm certainly not saying people should be lining up to touch me for a blessing on winning sports bets. Nor am I saying there's definitely a conspiracy to script the games in the NHL.

However, things are getting a little weird in these playoffs.

It looks like it will be an Rangers vs. Kings SCF. That is my strong prediction at this point, and it does look likely to happen, especially from a statistical point.

I've heard people saying for years that an NYR vs. LAK final is Bettman's dream come true. The reasons for that are obvious. It is indeed a very marketable match up for the Stanley Cup. Now here it is, about to happen. And it's not like it was a likely match up to occur before these playoffs began. Things sound a little too coincidental to me.

I'm also going out on a whim to say the Rangers will win the Cup. Book it.

I do realize with how LA is playing it looks more like they'll win the Cup. For what it's worth, my understanding is that no 8th seed has ever won the Cup, so I think the odds are against them. Then again, from a realistic view such a match up is a coin toss at this point.

But... the Rangers seem to have been pumped up all season by the NHL. I truly think something's up. They've sort of been made to look like underdogs whom the NHL hates ("there's a conspiracy against THEM") and have no chance of winning. Tortorella's colorfulness acts as a mascot for the team. This is classic WWE booking. On top of that, LA is being written as an unbeatable and unlikely monster which cannot be stopped. But it'll happen. I've had these thoughts about the Rangers since the Winter Classic, and I wasn't even watching that closely before that.

I know, I might be contradicting myself. Here I am saying I don't believe in NHL conspiracies, yet I'm writing this script. I don't want to believe that hockey is scripted. That's the truth. I really, really HOPE what I'm saying doesn't happen. But even an LA vs. NY final sounds sketchy to me at this point, regardless to who wins. And I think it's clear we will see that SCF. The odds are in that favor. If this happens, I'm going to be more convinced that hockey today is scripted, especially if the Rangers win. If what I'm saying doesn't happen, I will be relieved and much more convinced that hockey is NOT scripted. Because, if it is scripted, this final would certainly be happening. And in reality, it sounds like a great SCF. I do have liking for both teams more than the other current contenders. But this just seems too strange.

Earlier in the playoffs I was hoping the Coyotes lose, since that increases their chances of moving to Quebec. And I do like the Rangers much more than the Devils. However, now I'm going for a Coyotes/Devils final, just so my ugly predictions can be proven wrong. I want to be content that I'm watching a real hockey competition.

I truly think this is the ULTIMATE test on whether or not hockey is scripted.

BTW, I am NOT an agent of Gary Bettman.


EDIT:::::: someone told me right here on this forum, long before the playoffs, that the Rangers will win the Cup this year. This person also believed in the conspiracy.


Last edited by StayFrosty: 05-21-2012 at 10:46 AM.
StayFrosty is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 10:16 AM
  #2
KCisTall
Registered User
 
KCisTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Its all a false flag attack for a unwarranted invasion of the KHL...

On a serious note (if you can be serious in this situation) I thought the conspiracy was against the rangers and Flyers were supposed to win it all over Phoenix.

NHL owns Phoenix. The NHL television rights' are owned by NBC. NBC is owned by Comcast...The flyers are owned by comast.

BWAAHHHHHH

KCisTall is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 10:17 AM
  #3
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity
 
Tyskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,775
vCash: 500
I agree.

Tyskie is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 10:20 AM
  #4
HagsSwag
Registered User
 
HagsSwag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 122
vCash: 500
[ ] OP has watched the Rangers this post season.

What a load of crap this thread is. Yes, it is weird the team with the best defense and best goalie has the best chance to win. Rangers have won one cup in the last 70 years, NHL even sucks at cheating.

HagsSwag is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 10:20 AM
  #5
MyersMagic57*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,420
vCash: 500
Similar Conspiracy to how Crosby got the Gold winner over Miller, just a few years after Crosby scored the game winner vs. Miller in the first winter classic when he ended up shooting second in the shootout for the first and only time in his career. Does sound kind of sketch to me

MyersMagic57* is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 10:21 AM
  #6
Kane One
HFB Partner
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,216
vCash: 2000
So if the #1 EC seeded Rangers beat the #6 EC seeded Devils and then move on to beat the #8 WC seeded Kings, you would think that it's scripted? What a load of ****.

__________________
Kane One is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 10:26 AM
  #7
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
I'd like to know what you're on.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 10:30 AM
  #8
StayFrosty
Registered User
 
StayFrosty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCisTall View Post
Its all a false flag attack for a unwarranted invasion of the KHL...

On a serious note (if you can be serious in this situation) I thought the conspiracy was against the rangers and Flyers were supposed to win it all over Phoenix.

NHL owns Phoenix. The NHL television rights' are owned by NBC. NBC is owned by Comcast...The flyers are owned by comast.

BWAAHHHHHH

That's the conspiracy. To make it look like there's a conspiracy against the Rangers.

One could argue about why an LAK vs. NYR final doesn't happen more often if there's a conspiracy, or that such a match up is likely to happen by chance even if there is no conspiracy. But when you have things going how they are, and both teams in the Conference Finals playing how they are, with all factors noted, it just seems strange. Also the NHL seems bent on gaining more fans and making their league not look like a joke. They want attention. So, in their minds, they need this SCF to happen at this point. This seems like too convenient of a time, especially with talks of a lockout on the horizon.

With that in mind, if such a SCF does not happen at this point, it's much safer to say the NHL is not scripted. If there's a script there's no way they'd have both those teams make it this far and then lose. With the point I made, an NYR loss in the final also makes "scripted hockey" a less likely reality.

The concept of this SCF wouldn't be so strange if both teams had actually been favorited Cup contenders for a few years. But that hasn't been the case. These playoffs have been bizarre, even in the eyes of official hockey analysts, and too many good teams have been knocked off. Why? To make this Final happen.

StayFrosty is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 10:34 AM
  #9
Legionnaire11
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Largo
Country: United States
Posts: 2,856
vCash: 500
The league also keeps Crosby concussed and hired Hunter to keep Ovechkin's stats down in an attempt to allow other stars to grab some national headlines and generate ticket sales.


Legionnaire11 is online now  
Old
05-21-2012, 10:38 AM
  #10
Keepurheadup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Yeah, the league loves the fact that the Kings have gone through their opponents like crap through a goose. That bodes well for tv. Holy shmoke.

Keepurheadup is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 10:38 AM
  #11
StayFrosty
Registered User
 
StayFrosty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
So if the #1 EC seeded Rangers beat the #6 EC seeded Devils and then move on to beat the #8 WC seeded Kings, you would think that it's scripted? What a load of ****.
You're not taking into account all the other factors I mentioned. Why not try refuting them?

I could also ask how often an 8th seed makes it to the SCF, or even better, how often does a #1 seed win the Cup? And let's stick to the history of the last 20 or so years, please. In any event I do not think hockey was scripted back much farther than that.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the Kings or Rangers. Both are good teams. I have nothing against them. But don't forget there are better teams than them. Still, I will admit I prefer the Rangers and Kings even to some of those "better" teams.


Last edited by TMI: 05-21-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: no need
StayFrosty is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 10:38 AM
  #12
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Stewie Hockey™
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Salt Mines
Country: Bermuda
Posts: 9,046
vCash: 1000
Well hey, if we are putting on our tin foil hats, won't Phoenix have the epic comeback to win the WCF first?



Stewie Griffin is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 10:38 AM
  #13
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823
 
Blatant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: @blatantlacrosse
Posts: 2,302
vCash: 500
This might be the dumbest thread I have seen. LA has hit a hot streak, they were one of the early season favorites to make it to the cup. The Rangers were the top seed in the East.

All this conspiracy crap is bull, it's disrespectful to the players we watch and root for to compare them to the WWE. The kings and Rangers have earned the spot they have put themselves in.

How is it that strange that the 2 best goalies in th whole league have a chance to square off in the SCF.

Blatant is online now  
Old
05-21-2012, 10:39 AM
  #14
Thunderhead
Registered User
 
Thunderhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 6,527
vCash: 613
if the rangers and la meet in the final is not because it was fixed .
anyway , since you can't prove anything , the thread is irrelevant to me. just fantasy .

Thunderhead is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 10:42 AM
  #15
wsimmonds17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
When big market teams win, people say it's a conspiracy to get good ratings.

When small market teams win, people say it's a conspiracy by Bettman to expand the game.

Either way, people will find a way to complain.

wsimmonds17 is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 10:43 AM
  #16
Kane One
HFB Partner
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,216
vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayFrosy View Post
You're not taking into account all the other factors I mentioned. Why not try refuting them?

I could also ask how often an 8th seed makes it to the SCF, or even better, how often does a #1 seed win the Cup? And let's stick to the history of the last 20 or so years, please. In any event I do not think hockey was scripted back much farther than that.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the Kings or Rangers. Both are good teams. I have nothing against them. But don't forget there are better teams than them. Still, I will admit I prefer the Rangers and Kings even to some of those "better" teams.

Any way, I'm LOLing at the people who are trolling me. I enjoy the humor, really I do. I literally LOLed for like a minute at the Ron Paul sign. I don't take it personally mods, please don't delete.
How can you say "I'm not trying to take anything away from Kings or Rangers" when you go out on a ridiculous claim that the league is scripted if the Rangers win?

And I'm not going to attempt to refute your nonsense because.. it's a bunch of nonsense.

Kane One is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 10:44 AM
  #17
StayFrosty
Registered User
 
StayFrosty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
This might be the dumbest thread I have seen. LA has hit a hot streak, they were one of the early season favorites to make it to the cup. The Rangers were the top seed in the East.

All this conspiracy crap is bull, it's disrespectful to the players we watch and root for to compare them to the WWE. The kings and Rangers have earned the spot they have put themselves in.

How is it that strange that the 2 best goalies in th whole league have a chance to square off in the SCF.

I'm not saying the players are really involved in the conspiracy. There are other ways it can be scripted.

Then again, do you think the players really care what we think? How much money do they make? I hardly think we owe them anything. Any sacrifices they make are made up to them with the money the earn, and playing a game they love.

StayFrosty is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 10:49 AM
  #18
StayFrosty
Registered User
 
StayFrosty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
How can you say "I'm not trying to take anything away from Kings or Rangers" when you go out on a ridiculous claim that the league is scripted if the Rangers win?

And I'm not going to attempt to refute your nonsense because.. it's a bunch of nonsense.

Hmmmmm. What are the factors which make a team good?

I note that you are in New York and are also a Rangers fan.

Please see the edit I made to my OP. The same person told me that next year, the 20th anniversary of a Canadian team not winning the Cup, the Leafs will win. This is another good script. I want a Canadian team to win the Cup very badly. But if my script happens, and a Canadian team wins the Cup next year, it will convince me even more that a script is going on.

StayFrosty is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 10:50 AM
  #19
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 17,619
vCash: 500
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayFrosy View Post
I hate to sound like a dick here. Or a troll. After all, I'm the guy who made that thread predicting the Nucks and Sens would be eliminated, and blaming it on a possible conspiracy. I do think I'll be right on what I say this thread, for whatever reason. But I'm certainly not saying people should be lining up to touch me for a blessing on winning sports bets. Nor am I saying there's definitely a conspiracy to script the games in the NHL.

However, things are getting a little weird in these playoffs.

It looks like it will be an Rangers vs. Kings SCF. That is my strong prediction at this point, and it does look likely to happen, especially from a statistical point.

I've heard people saying for years that an NYR vs. LAK final is Bettman's dream come true. The reasons for that are obvious. It is indeed a very marketable match up for the Stanley Cup. Now here it is, about to happen. And it's not like it was a likely match up to occur before these playoffs began. Things sound a little too coincidental to me.

I'm also going out on a whim to say the Rangers will win the Cup. Book it.

I do realize with how LA is playing it looks more like they'll win the Cup. For what it's worth, my understanding is that no 8th seed has ever won the Cup, so I think the odds are against them. Then again, from a realistic view such a match up is a coin toss at this point.

But... the Rangers seem to have been pumped up all season by the NHL. I truly think something's up. They've sort of been made to look like underdogs whom the NHL hates ("there's a conspiracy against THEM") and have no chance of winning. Tortorella's colorfulness acts as a mascot for the team. This is classic WWE booking. On top of that, LA is being written as an unbeatable and unlikely monster which cannot be stopped. But it'll happen. I've had these thoughts about the Rangers since the Winter Classic, and I wasn't even watching that closely before that.

I know, I might be contradicting myself. Here I am saying I don't believe in NHL conspiracies, yet I'm writing this script. I don't want to believe that hockey is scripted. That's the truth. I really, really HOPE what I'm saying doesn't happen. But even an LA vs. NY final sounds sketchy to me at this point, regardless to who wins. And I think it's clear we will see that SCF. The odds are in that favor. If this happens, I'm going to be more convinced that hockey today is scripted, especially if the Rangers win. If what I'm saying doesn't happen, I will be relieved and much more convinced that hockey is NOT scripted. Because, if it is scripted, this final would certainly be happening. And in reality, it sounds like a great SCF. I do have liking for both teams more than the other current contenders. But this just seems too strange.

Earlier in the playoffs I was hoping the Coyotes lose, since that increases their chances of moving to Quebec. And I do like the Rangers much more than the Devils. However, now I'm going for a Coyotes/Devils final, just so my ugly predictions can be proven wrong. I want to be content that I'm watching a real hockey competition.

I truly think this is the ULTIMATE test on whether or not hockey is scripted.

BTW, I am NOT an agent of Gary Bettman.
In order for this potential "script" to have been written, one would have to look at the Rangers playoff wins and find something in those games where the Rangers were gifted a goal, or a PP in a crucial spot that was sketchy at best.

Seems to me that the Rangers have out played the opposition in the most crucial of situations in this Post season and that they have yet to have been gifted anything in those situtions.

I also haven't seen the Kings be given anything. All I have seen them do is win, win and win some more.

I can appreciate the angle as my wife tells me all the time that all of sports is fixed, just not buying it myself.

in my opinion, you can't say that this is scripted and then not point to shady calls or gifted goals and such.

Just another way for a disgruntled fan to justify the Rangers position in the league right now.

God forbid we credit a team for doing what they are doing, nope. People have to look at Luck (seems to be a common belief amongst some fans) and now we get that the league "may" have scripted the Rangers/Kings Final?

Sad.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 10:51 AM
  #20
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
What's the reason why the NHL waited 18 years between Rangers Cups? I guess they didn't want the league to look too scripty.

Crease is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 10:52 AM
  #21
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 17,619
vCash: 500
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayFrosy View Post
Hmmmmm. What are the factors which make a team good?

I note that you are in New York and are also a Rangers fan.

Please see the edit I made to my OP. The same person told me that next year, the 20th anniversary of a Canadian team not winning the Cup, the Leafs will win. This is another good script. I want a Canadian team to win the Cup very badly. But if my script happens, and a Canadian team wins the Cup next year, it will convince me even more that a script is going on.
Solid goaltending, solid defence. Adaquete scoring, top notch special teams.

Rangers and goaltending = Check
Rangers Defence = CHeck
Adaquete Scoring = Check (11th overall in the NHL)
Poor PP, but top 10 PK unit = Check.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 10:53 AM
  #22
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Thanks for the jinx dude.

Dangleberry is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 10:54 AM
  #23
19Yzerman19
Registered User
 
19Yzerman19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,759
vCash: 1088
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayFrosy View Post
That's the conspiracy. To make it look like there's a conspiracy against the Rangers.

One could argue about why an LAK vs. NYR final doesn't happen more often if there's a conspiracy, or that such a match up is likely to happen by chance even if there is no conspiracy. But when you have things going how they are, and both teams in the Conference Finals playing how they are, with all factors noted, it just seems strange. Also the NHL seems bent on gaining more fans and making their league not look like a joke. They want attention. So, in their minds, they need this SCF to happen at this point. This seems like too convenient of a time, especially with talks of a lockout on the horizon.

With that in mind, if such a SCF does not happen at this point, it's much safer to say the NHL is not scripted. If there's a script there's no way they'd have both those teams make it this far and then lose. With the point I made, an NYR loss in the final also makes "scripted hockey" a less likely reality.

The concept of this SCF wouldn't be so strange if both teams had actually been favorited Cup contenders for a few years. But that hasn't been the case. These playoffs have been bizarre, even in the eyes of official hockey analysts, and too many good teams have been knocked off. Why? To make this Final happen.
Yes so since the lockout Carolina's win, Anaheim's win, Pittsburgh's win, Chicago's win, and Boston's win were all scripted according to your logic correct?

19Yzerman19 is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 10:56 AM
  #24
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,404
vCash: 500
I'm not saying it was aliens. But it was aliens.

KingKopitar11* is offline  
Old
05-21-2012, 10:57 AM
  #25
Miller Time NYR
Registered User
 
Miller Time NYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,581
vCash: 500
i feel dumber now having read this..... thanks for wasting 5 minutes of my life, possibly the dumbest thread ive ever seen

the nhl is definitely putting bigger nets out there for the rangers to shoot on and telling refs to drop faceoffs in our favor!

Miller Time NYR is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.