HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

NY vs. LA SCF.. NYR will win. Weird.

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2012, 11:58 AM
StayFrosty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Solid goaltending, solid defence. Adaquete scoring, top notch special teams.

Rangers and goaltending = Check
Rangers Defence = CHeck
Adaquete Scoring = Check (11th overall in the NHL)
Poor PP, but top 10 PK unit = Check.

Think harder. There are other factors. Trades? Money? There are more as well, for sure.

And there are factors which could make teams perform poorly, as well, including the ones I just listed. But there's also on-ice factors.

Any way, I do see some of the points others are making here. Now I am a bit more content that there is no script or conspiracy even if this SCF happens.

Old
05-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I'm not saying it was aliens. But it was aliens.
I'm not saying you're a King fan with a Bobby Ryan avatar, but you're a King fan with a Bobby Ryan avatar.

05-21-2012, 11:59 AM
EEDAWGZ

The only thing weird is constant unwarranted hate that the Rangers receive , must be doing something right.

Old
05-21-2012, 12:00 PM
EEDAWGZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I'm not saying you're a King fan with a Bobby Ryan avatar, but you're a King fan with a Bobby Ryan avatar.

I lol'd. Wait what ? Lol

Old
05-21-2012, 12:01 PM
19Yzerman19

vCash: 1088
Quote:

If thats bobby ryan I want to marry her

Old
05-21-2012, 12:04 PM
StayFrosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEDAWGZ View Post
The only thing weird is constant unwarranted hate that the Rangers receive , must be doing something right.
I do NOT hate the Rangers. You can believe what you want, but that's the truth.

Though I do find it funny that a good chunk of the people replying here, against my theory, are Rangers fans.

Old
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:

Nooo. How do you see it. There's no similarity

Old
Keepurheadup

How many pts away were the Kings from finishing 3rd? 2. /thread

Old
05-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayFrosy View Post

Though I do find it funny that a good chunk of the people replying here, against my theory, are Rangers fans.
Quite shocking that fans of a team will come to defend their team when someone suggests the NHL is piggybacking them to a championship.

Old
05-21-2012, 12:08 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Quite shocking that fans of a team will come to defend their team when someone suggests the NHL is piggybacking them to a championship.
Defending their team? This is madness.

Old
05-21-2012, 12:10 PM
StayFrosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I Want to see the OP on Ancient Aliens.
I don't believe in that stuff. Ridiculous show. Though it was pretty weird and awesome when I was drunk.

Last edited by TMI: 05-21-2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: don't even mention that please
Old
05-21-2012, 12:10 PM
pld459666

Quote:

but your theory, without a stich of supporting evidence that a script "could be in play" here is bunk and has been blown to bits.

Guys that wear the thick tinfoil hats have produced more evidence than you have.

Old
05-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Levitate

Don't really see what your point is. Since the Rangers and Kings are two big media markets it's a conspiracy? Because the Rangers were the top team in the East and played in the Winter Classic it's a conspiracy?

A lot of mumbling without any coherent, thought out argument

Old
05-21-2012, 12:16 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
In order for this potential "script" to have been written, one would have to look at the Rangers playoff wins and find something in those games where the Rangers were gifted a goal, or a PP in a crucial spot that was sketchy at best.

Seems to me that the Rangers have out played the opposition in the most crucial of situations in this Post season and that they have yet to have been gifted anything in those situtions.

I also haven't seen the Kings be given anything. All I have seen them do is win, win and win some more.

I can appreciate the angle as my wife tells me all the time that all of sports is fixed, just not buying it myself.

in my opinion, you can't say that this is scripted and then not point to shady calls or gifted goals and such.

Just another way for a disgruntled fan to justify the Rangers position in the league right now.

God forbid we credit a team for doing what they are doing, nope. People have to look at Luck (seems to be a common belief amongst some fans) and now we get that the league "may" have scripted the Rangers/Kings Final?

Sad.

I agree with this. Both teams have had calls go for and against them. Lundqvist and shot blocking and timely scoring has been the difference for NY. They've just worn teams out and have outwaited them like Tampa did when they won their Cup by collapsing and countering.

LA has been dominating, so I don't see your point there. They've had 3 or 4 guys run from behind into the glass.

Old
05-21-2012, 12:17 PM
JWells16

So if the highest seed beats the lowest seed, then hockey is scripted? Gotcha.

The NCAA basketball tournament has been scripted for years.

Old
05-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Metal Militia

Quote:
they're not really rangers fans.

they're nhl operatives posing as rangers fans trying to keep the truth from getting out.

Old
05-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Militia View Post
they're not really rangers fans.

they're nhl operatives posing as rangers fans trying to keep the truth from getting out.

Best post of the thread.

Or is it? DUN DUN DUNNN.

Old
05-21-2012, 12:26 PM
EEDAWGZ

Quote:
I don't believe in that stuff. Ridiculous show. Though it was pretty weird and awesome when I was drunk.
So it's weird that the Rangers were the best team in the east and are now in the conference finals?

Last edited by TMI: 05-21-2012 at 04:17 PM. Reason: then why respond to it?
Old
05-21-2012, 12:28 PM
free0717

If it got out that there was any kind of fixing of results, the NHL would go down like a ton of bricks. The league is super focused on keeping the integrity of the game. Look @ it from an owners standpoint. The avg team is worth 300 million dollars. If the league went down due to fixing results, the owners would lose that kind of money.

Integrity of the game issues are the most important issue in any sport. Without integrity, the game would cease to exist.

Last edited by TMI: 05-21-2012 at 04:17 PM. Reason: careful... don't go into shock
Old
05-21-2012, 12:34 PM
danaluvsthekings

Wouldn't LA winning be the better script if the league were pushing for things to go one way over the other?

You would have an 8 seed winning, something that's never happened before, the Kings winning, something they've never done before. LA's a bandwagon town. The Clippers were eliminated yesterday and it looks like the Lakers will be joining them shortly. A lot of people in this town will suddenly start following the Kings if they can make it to the Stanley Cup finals. Something that might help grow the game in warmer climates and further inspire the kids that are playing hockey out here along with the young players from Southern CA that you're starting to see in the NHL.

Old
05-21-2012, 12:41 PM
StayFrosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
Im suprised the Mods did not shut down this thread. If it got out that there was any kind of fixing of results, the NHL would go down like a ton of bricks. The league is super focused on keeping the integrity of the game. Look @ it from an owners standpoint. The avg team is worth 300 million dollars. If the league went down due to fixing results, the owners would lose that kind of money.

Integrity of the game issues are the most important issue in any sport. Without integrity, the game would cease to exist.
People coming out and saying the game is fixed? Did you watch NHL this season? Some head coaches are already doing this. I find it hard to discredit them, given their position in the sport. The NHL does seem to try fixing games to keep them entertaining and close... though perhaps they don't actually favor any teams to win in general.

And look what happens to the head coaches who even try hinting at this....

I might be wrong. But I'd like to see this point addressed. I have more to add, but I'll keep this simple so my point is not lost in my banter.

Old
05-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Colt.45Orr

Nice work to the OP --I like it when posters are helpful and make it obvious that I should block them.

Old
05-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Alisa
Quickie fangirl

I'm offended that in your entertaining and not insane at all theory, the Kings don't take it.

Can you write a new one where we win too please? I'd like a bedtime story tonight.

Old
05-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Oilers93

vCash: 421
Neither series is over yet, hell for all we know the Coyotes could play the Devils in the finals. Is this the same conspiracy that trolled Canadian hockey fans by having 3 Canadian teams lose the finals in a row? No conspiracies here pal, go watch the NBA for that nonsense.

Last edited by TMI: 05-21-2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: flaming
Old
05-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

If the Rangers win this series, expect extreme levels of frustration Kings fans.

Closed Thread