HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Rangers-Predators

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-19-2012, 01:44 PM
  #1
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 11,430
vCash: 500
Rangers-Predators

If Suter leaves, Weber may have some doubts about Nashville. If Poile gets the slightest fear Weber won't be here long term, we need to move him for pieces to help us stay competitive instead of losing him for nothing.

To NYR: Shea Weber

To Nashville: Ryan McDonagh+Chris Kreider

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 01:46 PM
  #2
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
If Suter leaves, Weber may have some doubts about Nashville. If Poile gets the slightest fear Weber won't be here long term, we need to move him for pieces to help us stay competitive instead of losing him for nothing.

To NYR: Shea Weber

To Nashville: Ryan McDonagh+Chris Kreider
Overpayment, sort of.

One of the two would probably have to go, along with picks and lesser prospects.

Not both, though.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 01:49 PM
  #3
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 11,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Overpayment, sort of.

One of the two would probably have to go, along with picks and lesser prospects.

Not both, though.
What if the Preds including Colin Wilson too? NYR maybe add another depth player.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 03:15 PM
  #4
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 14,097
vCash: 500
Given the way players have played during the Rangers' playoff run, and that they'd cost half what Weber would, I'm thinking the Rangers are not interested in dealing either player, let alone both.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 04:48 PM
  #5
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Given the way players have played during the Rangers' playoff run, and that they'd cost half what Weber would, I'm thinking the Rangers are not interested in dealing either player, let alone both.
Yep. Even if things fell apart at some point, you'd have to think that Sather isn't looking to make a big move unless some silly opportunity like the Gomez deal materialized.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:01 AM
  #6
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Given the way players have played during the Rangers' playoff run, and that they'd cost half what Weber would, I'm thinking the Rangers are not interested in dealing either player, let alone both.
We have a winner^!

IMO:

Suter just wants to show he can command top dollar and attention in the market. But I am unaware there is any reason for him not to return to Preds, especially with their commitment to a top G already in place. So unless they insult him with a lowball offer, I say odds favor --- not 100% certain, he could still get blown away with overpayment, but all things equal --- IMO Suter returns.

Weber has not said he just wants out, to anywhere; he supposedly wants to 'go home' -- thought to be NW pacific i.e., hometown Canucks, maybe Oilers.

Rangers (like any other team) willingness of add Weber for a Cup run as a rental has be be viewed as just that. So while I don't doubt SOMETHING could be worked out, even assuming it is the best offer, Rangers can not overpay so crazy it depletes and guts the team.

McDonagh is a top D in this league with a still higher ceiling. He is not being traded unless and uber-elite (Malkin, Stamkos) is involved.

Kreider is not going anywhere.
As a matter of theory, it would be stupid for the Rangers to trade him until we know what his top ceiling is. For this reason, unless an uber-elite is involved, he goes nowhere.

A more reasonable fit to the OP is :
to Preds: Gaborik
to Rangers: Weber (rental); rights to Radulov; 2012 1st

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:11 AM
  #7
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 7,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
We have a winner^!

IMO:

Suter just wants to show he can command top dollar and attention in the market. But I am unaware there is any reason for him not to return to Preds, especially with their commitment to a top G already in place. So unless they insult him with a lowball offer, I say odds favor --- not 100% certain, he could still get blown away with overpayment, but all things equal --- IMO Suter returns.

Weber has not said he just wants out, to anywhere; he supposedly wants to 'go home' -- thought to be NW pacific i.e., hometown Canucks, maybe Oilers.

Rangers (like any other team) willingness of add Weber for a Cup run as a rental has be be viewed as just that. So while I don't doubt SOMETHING could be worked out, even assuming it is the best offer, Rangers can not overpay so crazy it depletes and guts the team.

McDonagh is a top D in this league with a still higher ceiling. He is not being traded unless and uber-elite (Malkin, Stamkos) is involved.

Kreider is not going anywhere.
As a matter of theory, it would be stupid for the Rangers to trade him until we know what his top ceiling is. For this reason, unless an uber-elite is involved, he goes nowhere.

A more reasonable fit to the OP is :
to Preds: Gaborik
to Rangers: Weber (rental); rights to Radulov; 2012 1st
Besides the fact that we don't have a 1st that proposal is very very bad.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:50 AM
  #8
BroadwayHustle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 382
vCash: 500
The original proposal is just as bad considering there is no way we could give up 2 ELC players, not to mention a top defenseman in the NHL for Weber who is going to be making top money

BroadwayHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:54 AM
  #9
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 17,958
vCash: 500
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
If Suter leaves, Weber may have some doubts about Nashville. If Poile gets the slightest fear Weber won't be here long term, we need to move him for pieces to help us stay competitive instead of losing him for nothing.

To NYR: Shea Weber

To Nashville: Ryan McDonagh+Chris Kreider
Not going to bother reading the other posters opinions.

This Rangers fan would NOT do that deal.

The difference between what McDonagh is becoming and what Weber is now, is less than Kreider.

I am not doing that deal.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:55 AM
  #10
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 7,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayHustle View Post
The original proposal is just as bad considering there is no way we could give up 2 ELC players, not to mention a top defenseman in the NHL for Weber who is going to be making top money
Well I'm not saying that one's good either, but atleast that's close value wise for Weber. Even if it is completely unrealistic that's what it'd take.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:57 AM
  #11
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 17,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
We have a winner^!

IMO:

Suter just wants to show he can command top dollar and attention in the market. But I am unaware there is any reason for him not to return to Preds, especially with their commitment to a top G already in place. So unless they insult him with a lowball offer, I say odds favor --- not 100% certain, he could still get blown away with overpayment, but all things equal --- IMO Suter returns.

Weber has not said he just wants out, to anywhere; he supposedly wants to 'go home' -- thought to be NW pacific i.e., hometown Canucks, maybe Oilers.

Rangers (like any other team) willingness of add Weber for a Cup run as a rental has be be viewed as just that. So while I don't doubt SOMETHING could be worked out, even assuming it is the best offer, Rangers can not overpay so crazy it depletes and guts the team.

McDonagh is a top D in this league with a still higher ceiling. He is not being traded unless and uber-elite (Malkin, Stamkos) is involved.

Kreider is not going anywhere.
As a matter of theory, it would be stupid for the Rangers to trade him until we know what his top ceiling is. For this reason, unless an uber-elite is involved, he goes nowhere.

A more reasonable fit to the OP is :
to Preds: Gaborik
to Rangers: Weber (rental); rights to Radulov; 2012 1st
Nashville is not moving Weber for Gaborik let along Weber++ for Gaborik

Thas proposal is worse (far worse) than the OP's offering.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 12:40 PM
  #12
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream
 
Ave Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,486
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
I'd start with del zotto because we are getting a better version

Ave Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 12:51 PM
  #13
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,609
vCash: 500
I counter with:
Choice of:
1)Marc Staal, Brandon Dubinsky, and NY's 1st.
2)MDZ, Brandon Dubinsky, 1st 2012, JT Miller

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 12:55 PM
  #14
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
If Suter leaves, Weber may have some doubts about Nashville. If Poile gets the slightest fear Weber won't be here long term, we need to move him for pieces to help us stay competitive instead of losing him for nothing.

To NYR: Shea Weber

To Nashville: Ryan McDonagh+Chris Kreider
I don't trade McDonagh for Suter straight up. Have you seen Kreider in the playoffs? Both players are legit studs and young Rangers aren't moving either. Weber's inflated value can be paid by someone else. The Rangers don't need him with the young & talented blueline they have.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:28 PM
  #15
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Nashville is not moving Weber for Gaborik let along Weber++ for Gaborik

Thas proposal is worse (far worse) than the OP's offering.
Disagree.

Weber has his heart, we believe, in going "home".
Thus unless you are Vancouver or maybe Edmonton, there is no real expectation of landing Weber long term.

You get ONE year of Weber as a rental.
Sure you MIGHT get lucky. But it would be an incredible stroke of luck.

Radulov is another one where you are taking a huge chance.
His stock has fallen so far, he's just a throw in here.


That leaves only the 2nd or the 32nd overall.
Not enough all by itself for a 40 G scorer like Gaborik.


So that's the reality.
Preds can hope otherwise, and may otherwise add elsewhere and keep Weber for their season in hopes of a cup run. That's all also legit.

But so is this option.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:34 PM
  #16
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
.
Quote:
Well I'm not saying that one's good either, but at least that's close value wise for Weber.
False.
What you're talking about is Weber, a happy camper, signed on for a great deal (say he's worth 7 but is giving you sweetheart discount for 4.5m) for extended years.

That is not the reality.
The factual case today is Weber appears to be a 1 year rental before he goes 'home', so Preds either use him and lose him, and trade him sooner or later --- at a rental price, not top dollar premium price.


Quote:
Even if it is completely unrealistic that's what it'd take.
Since you insist on something
"completely unrealistic"
then expect to be disappointed, as your proposal inherently deserves to be rejected.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:38 PM
  #17
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Disagree.

Weber has his heart, we believe, in going "home".
Thus unless you are Vancouver or maybe Edmonton, there is no real expectation of landing Weber long term.

You get ONE year of Weber as a rental.
Sure you MIGHT get lucky. But it would be an incredible stroke of luck.

Radulov is another one where you are taking a huge chance.
His stock has fallen so far, he's just a throw in here.


That leaves only the 2nd or the 32nd overall.
Not enough all by itself for a 40 G scorer like Gaborik.


So that's the reality.
Preds can hope otherwise, and may otherwise add elsewhere and keep Weber for their season in hopes of a cup run. That's all also legit.

But so is this option.
That's a pretty big assumption. I don't think that's implicit in Weber's trade value. While that may be a reality, if you're dealing with Nashville you have to treat it with the assumption you can probably resign him.

IMO to acquire Weber, you'd need to part with at least:

Staal/MDZ, Dubinsky, picks and prospects.

To get that massive package you talked about we'd have to include guys like Kreider and Stepan, which is a **** no from my perspective.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:50 PM
  #18
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 20,900
vCash: 500
New York has the best D-corps in the East. No reason to add Shea Weber considering the cost.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:54 PM
  #19
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,682
vCash: 500
someone show me the slightest proof where weber "wants to go home".... assumptions only make an *** of yourselves...

weber for one of nyr's young defenseman (can vary), kreider, and maybe a pick

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 06:00 PM
  #20
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
someone show me the slightest proof where weber "wants to go home".... assumptions only make an *** of yourselves...

weber for one of nyr's young defenseman (can vary), kreider, and maybe a pick
I counter with (1) Staal or Michael Del Zotto + (2) Dubinsky + (3) your choice of: JT Miller, 1st Rounder 2012, or Dylan McIlrath

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 06:04 PM
  #21
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
I counter with (1) Staal or Michael Del Zotto + (2) Dubinsky + (3) your choice of: JT Miller, 1st Rounder 2012, or Dylan McIlrath
MDZ and kreider + for weber +

(+)'s TBD but I think thats a fair start from both sides. weber the best defenseman in the NHL for kreider (love this kid) and a great guy for nashville's top defense pair

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 06:11 PM
  #22
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
MDZ and kreider + for weber +

(+)'s TBD but I think thats a fair start from both sides. weber the best defenseman in the NHL for kreider (love this kid) and a great guy for nashville's top defense pair
I have a feeling this is how the real negotiations would go...
I think Poile would insist on Kreider, and Slats would insist no Kreider.

At the end of the day for a deal to get done, either one would have to soften their stance:
1) It may involve Nashville having to include another winger who isn't as good as Kreider, but can fill in.
2) NYR adding 2 1st rounders instead of Kreider (ie: 2 of : Erixon, McIrath and JT Miller)

I think NY would insist Dubinsky b/c of cap purposes. Not that he is bad (because this is his only poor year), but I have a feeling NY wants to make Parise a serious offer and adding Weber's 7.5 would hurt that. TBH I think Staal & Dubinsky would need to go if they wanted to upgrade LW and wanted Weber.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 06:46 PM
  #23
Miller Time NYR
Registered User
 
Miller Time NYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,612
vCash: 500
thanks but no thanks i think id rather keep the two tbh

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:37 PM
  #24
Flyerfan52
Registered User
 
Flyerfan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 904
vCash: 500
Or Poile could wait for an offer sheet & take the 3 1st rounders or 4 1sts depending on the $ value.
He could probably use the picks to bring in a better return the the offers in this thread.

It's doubtful Weber would be a rental (there isn't a year left on his current contract. It's RFA rights only). If he signs it would be long term.

As to the unverified mention he wants to return to BC, he played junior there but that was in 2005. If he was that homesick he could have asked for a trade in those years.

Flyerfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:48 PM
  #25
CodeBlue*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
McDonagh is a top D in this league with a still higher ceiling. He is not being traded unless and uber-elite (Malkin, Stamkos) is involved.

Kreider is not going anywhere.
As a matter of theory, it would be stupid for the Rangers to trade him until we know what his top ceiling is. For this reason, unless an uber-elite is involved, he goes nowhere.

Neither of those players would be going anywhere simply because you expect the likes of Malkin, Stamkos, etc. in return.

CodeBlue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.