HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bucs, Rays & Other Florida Sports Teams Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-17-2012, 10:34 PM
  #1
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
2016
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 24,859
vCash: 500
Bucs, Rays & Other Florida Sports Teams Thread

2 New stickies in the same week

Here's the old thread


And here's a pic of NY Mets Daniel Murphy in a bolts jersey




edit: it's baseball, so it's ok if I post that...or I just cursed this whole thread.

__________________
VL4ever
"It's still All In to me dammit." - Felonious Python

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 05-17-2012 at 10:40 PM.
TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 11:01 PM
  #2
HeavyHammer
Go Bolts!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
2 New stickies in the same week

Here's the old thread


And here's a pic of NY Mets Daniel Murphy in a bolts jersey




edit: it's baseball, so it's ok if I post that...or I just cursed this whole thread.
That's a very topical way to start an off topic thread.

HeavyHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:12 AM
  #3
ScaredStreit
Registered User
 
ScaredStreit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 7,431
vCash: 807
Just wondering what people on here think about the Rays's field situation. Who else thinks that if they move to Tampa (somewhere around Dale Mabry), would go a long way to solving their attendance problems? Honestly it's a far drive, especially during rush hour, to get to a game where they currently are from Tampa, and I think a lot more people would go if it was more accesible. Not that I think they're leaving the Trop anytime soon-just curious on everyone else's opinion.

Tampa's a good town for baseball, but people aren't going to drive that long, to get to a crappy area of St. Pete, to a crappy stadium to watch 1/81 games on a consistent basis.

ScaredStreit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:58 PM
  #4
TBLHoser
Registered User
 
TBLHoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 1,945
vCash: 500
Bucs trade Kellen Winslow to Seattle for 2013 draft pick undisclosed.....sign former Colts TE Dallas Clark. (per NFL.com)

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 10:56 AM
  #5
Still All In
Plz stop pucks
 
Still All In's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredStreit View Post
Just wondering what people on here think about the Rays's field situation. Who else thinks that if they move to Tampa (somewhere around Dale Mabry), would go a long way to solving their attendance problems? Honestly it's a far drive, especially during rush hour, to get to a game where they currently are from Tampa, and I think a lot more people would go if it was more accesible. Not that I think they're leaving the Trop anytime soon-just curious on everyone else's opinion.

Tampa's a good town for baseball, but people aren't going to drive that long, to get to a crappy area of St. Pete, to a crappy stadium to watch 1/81 games on a consistent basis.
It would be a start. Better sightlines, better seating, better amenities, and better chances at corporate sponsorship which is huge. They'd be able to add significant amounts of sale-worthy real estate there in the stadium.

That and putting more than 19% of people within a 30 minute drive is always a massive help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
Bucs trade Kellen Winslow to Seattle for 2013 draft pick undisclosed.....sign former Colts TE Dallas Clark. (per NFL.com)
Good, hes **** and so is his attitude.

Clark is an interesting reclamation project with a chance to get Stocker regular playing time and see what hes got.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 12:53 PM
  #6
ScaredStreit
Registered User
 
ScaredStreit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 7,431
vCash: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
It would be a start. Better sightlines, better seating, better amenities, and better chances at corporate sponsorship which is huge. They'd be able to add significant amounts of sale-worthy real estate there in the stadium.

That and putting more than 19% of people within a 30 minute drive is always a massive help.

Good, hes **** and so is his attitude.

Clark is an interesting reclamation project with a chance to get Stocker regular playing time and see what hes got.
Clark has a good shot at being a real good addition for the Bucs, and a 3rd rounder isn't bad.

ScaredStreit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 01:09 PM
  #7
Still All In
Plz stop pucks
 
Still All In's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredStreit View Post
Clark has a good shot at being a real good addition for the Bucs, and a 3rd rounder isn't bad.
Yeah, i'm really not upset with the move at all.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:10 PM
  #8
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
2016
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 24,859
vCash: 500
http://news.****************/2012/06/...ks-on-the-way/
Quote:
The Tampa Bay Rays are planning on holding a Turn Back the Clock game where they will wear the uniforms of the 1979 Tampa Bay Rays.

What’s that you say? There were no Rays in 1979? Well, you’d be right, and the Rays have created “faux-back” uniforms as if they did exist in 1979.

The uniforms include most of the classic elements of the uniforms of the era:

the cap with the alternate coloured front-panel
the pullover jersey with sleeves in another colour from the base
thick sleeve trim striping
and some good old-fashioned powder-blue



The logo and jersey script is not the same as the current 2012 Rays looks, it’s all been re-created to look as if it was designed in the ’70s.

Unfortunately they did not go with elastic waist-band on the pants, but really that’s the only thing they missed in this near-perfect set.

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 06:10 AM
  #9
ThunderAlleyNomad
Registered User
 
ThunderAlleyNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 5,851
vCash: 500
So Davy Johnson is a ********* and Joel Peralta is (allegedly) a dumbass. Did we learn anything else from last night's game?

ThunderAlleyNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 05:47 PM
  #10
Felonious Python
Moderator
Still Drej
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 15,827
vCash: 500

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 02:04 PM
  #11
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
2016
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 24,859
vCash: 500
http://news.****************/2012/06/...turn-back-too/
[IMG]http://news.****************/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Screen-Shot-2012-06-20-at-16h46.12-.png[/IMG]

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 02:17 PM
  #12
Stammer Time
Sons of Pirates
 
Stammer Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 29,246
vCash: 107
They should just keep those. Better than the bland uniforms they wear now.

Stammer Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 03:09 PM
  #13
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User
 
Doctor Drej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Quiet Room
Country: United States
Posts: 10,935
vCash: 500
Remind me of the old Mariners uniforms.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 05:23 PM
  #14
snowden
Man is matter
 
snowden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,288
vCash: 1742
They'd look better with more yellow accents on the sleeves/socks/belt. It's a very cool concept that I'd like more teams to try out.

snowden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:41 PM
  #15
Still All In
Plz stop pucks
 
Still All In's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,863
vCash: 500
Its kinda strange in action.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 10:00 PM
  #16
TBLHoser
Registered User
 
TBLHoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 1,945
vCash: 500
I really, really don't understand Arena Football anymore. Don't get Ewart as coach and why do they even say the word de-fense???? It does NOT exist!
78 - 77 ???? C'mon....

Like the old Storm uniforms too....the new ones are dreadful. Now I can see why they can't get quality players..that and the pay stinks.

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 01:38 PM
  #17
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User
 
Doctor Drej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Quiet Room
Country: United States
Posts: 10,935
vCash: 500
So I am watching the Rays game and Ican't help but wonder if Beckett knows he's allowed to throw more than 1 pitch per 5 minutes..

Throw the ****ing ball man, Christ...

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 06:27 PM
  #18
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!
 
Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Valrico, FL
Posts: 29,026
vCash: 500
Of the following, which is the most stressful:

A. Taking a college class on a subject that makes your mind explode
B. Loss of your job and the ensuing inability to find work elsewhere
C. The love of your life leaving you for whatever reason
D. Being so close to something great, yet somehow losing it all right at the end
E. Knowing that Derek Shelton is still employed by anybody

The answer:
Spoil:
E by far. A, B, C, and D combined can't hold a candle to E.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:36 PM
  #19
snowden
Man is matter
 
snowden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,288
vCash: 1742
Maddon is too loyal. Wish they'd fire Shelton. No doubt you'd see an instant increase in runs and average.

snowden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:52 PM
  #20
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User
 
Doctor Drej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Quiet Room
Country: United States
Posts: 10,935
vCash: 500
Its the same **** that went on with the Indians when he was there. Like carbon ****ing copy.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 04:07 AM
  #21
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!
 
Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Valrico, FL
Posts: 29,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowden View Post
Maddon is too loyal. Wish they'd fire Shelton. No doubt you'd see an instant increase in runs and average.
I am an Indians fan. Replace Maddon with Wedge, and you know what my pain was a few short years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pyatt View Post
Its the same **** that went on with the Indians when he was there. Like carbon ****ing copy.
I don't know what your count is, but in my eyes, the Indians had like three significant hitting slumps during Shelton's tenure that I can think of. The ONLY reason the Indians were a game away from the World Series in 2007 was that Asdrubal Cabrera was a rookie who was just swinging away and playing the game on instinct, and somehow it sparked the others, who were all in simultaneous hitting slumps. If they don't bring up Cabrera in 2007, the Indians don't even make the playoffs. Of course, Cabrera's hitting game went kaput the next year once Derek Shelton got in his head and messed him over.

Seriously, when I heard Shelton got hired in Tampa Bay, I felt sympathetic for every Rays fan. I was glad he was out of Cleveland, but I wouldn't trust Shelton to coach a tee-ball team. I would not wish this man on my worst enemy's favorite team. Maddon needs to get with it and fire him or it's only going to get worse. Trust me, as an Indians fan, I know, and trust me, it WILL get worse.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:13 AM
  #22
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User
 
Doctor Drej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Quiet Room
Country: United States
Posts: 10,935
vCash: 500
Yeah, 2007 still pisses me off. That was our year. Too bad the hitting couldn't provide **** for the pitching in the playoffs. Don't forget Lofton too, it was him and Cabrera offensively and that was it during the playoffs.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:01 AM
  #23
Hockeyfan02
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pistivity
Country: United States
Posts: 14,664
vCash: 500
Not a big fan of Shelton but this isn't exactly a murderous row of hitters either. Without Longoria and Joyce this team was going to struggle to score runs. This team for the last few years has been preaching pitching and defense because they don't have the horses to keep up with the Red Sox and Yankees offensively. With a new hitting coach there might be a slight improvement but they aren't going to be a high scoring team. It's not like the Angels who had one of the best hitters of all time come back to normal and an elite prospect to call up once they fired their hitting coach. They just don't have the depth to overcome the injuries they've had this year. The Rays have done a great job of developing pitchers but the same can't be said for players at the plate.

Hockeyfan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 12:29 AM
  #24
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!
 
Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Valrico, FL
Posts: 29,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
Not a big fan of Shelton but this isn't exactly a murderous row of hitters either. Without Longoria and Joyce this team was going to struggle to score runs. This team for the last few years has been preaching pitching and defense because they don't have the horses to keep up with the Red Sox and Yankees offensively. With a new hitting coach there might be a slight improvement but they aren't going to be a high scoring team. It's not like the Angels who had one of the best hitters of all time come back to normal and an elite prospect to call up once they fired their hitting coach. They just don't have the depth to overcome the injuries they've had this year. The Rays have done a great job of developing pitchers but the same can't be said for players at the plate.
No one says the Rays will slug 10 homers a game with a new hitting coach but ANY potential that MIGHT be there is supressed as long as Shelton is around.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 05:46 AM
  #25
Felonious Python
Moderator
Still Drej
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 15,827
vCash: 500
Penn State losing 13 years of wins is a bit silly. I don't see how it means anything.

I guess I'm not surprised. Penn acted like nothing was happening, the NCAA then acts like those years didn't exist either. That's the MO of schools. Pretend it doesn't exist in order to 'keep their good reputation'.

If that had been a hockey team involved, first, it wouldn't have gotten the media coverage, but second, I would be the first to call for the school to be burnt to the ground.

And then salt worked into the dirt so nothing grows there for several years.

But the records remain to serve as a warning.


Last edited by Felonious Python: 07-24-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.