HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Tsn: Ovechkin/Semin Join Russia

Old
05-20-2012, 03:58 PM
KevyD
Make It 30!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDobolina View Post
Really? And what is that reason? Ray Bourque never won anything until he was over 40... what a ****ing loser.
More vulgarity. Nice. You really are too sensitive about what some (many!) people are saying about OV and Semin.

I wonder if they are sitting around worrying about what people think of you and your angry/crude posts here? Probably not.
They are too busy watching Malkin carry the Russian team and take his game to levels neither OV or Semin will see again.

Last edited by KevyD: 05-20-2012 at 04:35 PM.
KevyD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 06:13 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
More vulgarity. Nice. You really are too sensitive about what some (many!) people are saying about OV and Semin.

I wonder if they are sitting around worrying about what people think of you and your angry/crude posts here? Probably not.
They are too busy watching Malkin carry the Russian team and take his game to levels neither OV or Semin will see again.
Ovechkin, Semin, and Malkin were all valuable parts to the 2012 World Championship Russian squad.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Bure

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehar View Post
I posted this in another thread. When it mattered the most, Russia got completely dominated and embarrassed in the 2010 Olympics, and where was Semin and Ovechkin then? After the 2010 Olympics, tthe team made a pact to win the gold medal in the 2010 World Championships with their dream team and they choked that year. They also choked last year with their A team. I am disappointed Canada lost, but nobody gives a damn here, since Sochi 2014 is the next showdown. I predict Russia will choke again this year. Their women are awesome, but Russian teams choke when it is best on best- 1998, 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2004 World Cup. They like beating up everyone's B or C teams at tournaments like this with all their top players playing, but suck when it is best on best for all the teams involved. At least Canada won 3 of the last 4 best on best tournaments. If not for Hasek in 1998, Canada would have won gold that year, while Russia choked that year as well with their star power. I will respect Russia once they win something that is best on best, since they have not done so. This tournament is not everyone's best on best- the top players of Canada and USA who missed the playoffs are on the golf course enjoying life somewhere. I do respect Ovechkin and Semin in never turning down the WHC. It means more to Euros than North Americans plain and simple.
Lol, 2006 Olympics ?

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 01:08 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehar View Post
I posted this in another thread. When it mattered the most, Russia got completely dominated and embarrassed in the 2010 Olympics, and where was Semin and Ovechkin then? After the 2010 Olympics, tthe team made a pact to win the gold medal in the 2010 World Championships with their dream team and they choked that year. They also choked last year with their A team. I am disappointed Canada lost, but nobody gives a damn here, since Sochi 2014 is the next showdown. I predict Russia will choke again this year. Their women are awesome, but Russian teams choke when it is best on best- 1998, 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2004 World Cup. They like beating up everyone's B or C teams at tournaments like this with all their top players playing, but suck when it is best on best for all the teams involved. At least Canada won 3 of the last 4 best on best tournaments. If not for Hasek in 1998, Canada would have won gold that year, while Russia choked that year as well with their star power. I will respect Russia once they win something that is best on best, since they have not done so. This tournament is not everyone's best on best- the top players of Canada and USA who missed the playoffs are on the golf course enjoying life somewhere. I do respect Ovechkin and Semin in never turning down the WHC. It means more to Euros than North Americans plain and simple.
Post of the year.
I like the reasoning too.

In 98, if not for Hasek, Canada would've won golf (instead they lost to Czechs and Fins and finished 4th, go figure... apparently Hasek played for Finland too)...
But Russia, when losing to the Czechs, like Canada... "choked".
Yet won silver.

I like you, my man, I think you're the next big thing on HF!

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 01:11 AM
Halpysback

Quote:

Would that be player of the gold medal game Yevgeni Malkin?

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:49 AM
KevyD
Make It 30!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
(I think) That's him.

Best player in the world.

Last edited by KevyD: 05-21-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old
05-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Zine

Quote:
lol. Semin won player of the gold medal game.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Uncle Rotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
Lol, 2006 Olympics ?
They didn't score a goal in their last 2 games

Uncle Rotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:42 AM
KevyD
Make It 30!!!!

Quote:
Quote:
(I think) That's him.

Best player in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
lol. Semin won player of the gold medal game.
Ah... A trick question. You got me. You were correct in assuming I did not watch the game.

Last edited by KevyD: 05-21-2012 at 01:16 PM.