HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

NY vs. LA SCF.. NYR will win. Weird.

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2012, 12:09 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

vCash: 500
So wait...you're saying the NHL is fixing games...without the knowledge and consent of the players and coaches. Care to explain how that's possible?

Old
05-21-2012, 12:10 PM
TrueBlue42

Send a message via ICQ to TrueBlue42 Send a message via AIM to TrueBlue42 Send a message via MSN to TrueBlue42 Send a message via Skype™ to TrueBlue42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
So wait...you're saying the NHL is fixing games...without the knowledge and consent of the players and coaches. Care to explain how that's possible?
Water bottle tampering man! [/tinfoilhat]

Old
05-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Levitate

Well, Tortorella did insinuate the league was making calls to influence games...of course, he was talking about those calls going against his team

Old
05-21-2012, 12:17 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

These conspiracy theories are getting tiresome to be honest. We are supposed to believe that a game which is heavily scrutinized by fans and the media is somehow scripted? This would involve not only the league having stones the size of mountains, but they would have to rely on thousands of people to either keep it secret or not find out. Players would certainly have to be involved. Officials, too. Broadcasters would have to be privy so that they don't call out mistakes in the plot, and trust me when I say mistakes will happen often.

Isn't it just easier to say that bigger market teams will have more of an ability to spend money, absorbing costs where they can by sending overpaid and ineffective players to the minors, thus making it more likely that big market teams end up in the finals?

If LA and NYR make it to the finals they will have done so by playing better than the teams they faced in the playoffs, mixing in a little puck luck along the way. Save the tin foil hat theories...

(Excuse spelling errors. Im using my phone and walking)

Old
05-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Alisa
Quickie fangirl

Ignore the posts opposing you OP. They are just trying to shorten the line to get to touch you for that sports bet blessing.

Old
05-21-2012, 12:36 PM
StayFrosty

As I've stated already, some of you have made really good points that make me question my own theory.

But still no one has bothered to reply to my last comment, especially in reference to what I was replying to there.

And what I wanted to add is:

It doesn't matter that no NHL officials come out and say there's a conspiracy. They would just be looked at as crazy crackpot liars. They are threatened and fined just for making such an accusation. That in itself makes the NHL look suspicious to me, but whatever. But what if a high-up official did quit the NHL and come out to claim these things? The outcome could be much worse than some fine. The NHL is worth billions of dollars, isn't it? Think about it. I don't think anyone would dare the embarrassment or harm. Plus, they get paid millions of dollars. Either way, this isn't really a harmful conspiracy that kills people or anything. I doubt they'd feel that guilty for not exposing any conspiracy.

Take it for what it's worth.

And accuse me all you want, whatever, but the players themselves could very well be involved in the conspiracy. I know, I know, it sounds doubtful. I've slept in a house right nextdoor to Ryan Smyth, and I have connections to other players. I went to elementary school with some NHL players. I've babysat the relatives of one former NHL player and met his daughter. My dad was friends with a penalty keeper, and has seen a head coach renting movies at Blockbuster. It is hard for me to believe that all these people could be involved in something like this when they're so close to a nobody like me. Kinda scares me, lol. But yeah, I don't see how THAT many people could keep a secret like this. I wouldn't rule it out though.

Last edited by TMI: 05-21-2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: leave the 9/11 crap out
Old
05-21-2012, 12:36 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

I'm just waiting for the Rangers to be on a PP. Quick comes out of his net, swings his stick and hits Willie Mitchell in the head, steps out of net and allows the Rangers to score (IN LA). He the rips off his shirt to reveal a Rangers jersey to a chorus of boos.

This completes Quick's heel turn.

Old
05-21-2012, 12:40 PM
StayFrosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
I'm just waiting for the Rangers to be on a PP. Quick comes out of his net, swings his stick and hits Willie Mitchell in the head, steps out of net and allows the Rangers to score (IN LA). He the rips off his shirt to reveal a Rangers jersey to a chorus of boos.

This completes Quick's heel turn.
LOL! That was good. Vince McMahon really should make a scripted kayfabe hockey league. Really, he should.

Old
05-21-2012, 12:40 PM
TrueBlue42

Send a message via ICQ to TrueBlue42 Send a message via AIM to TrueBlue42 Send a message via MSN to TrueBlue42 Send a message via Skype™ to TrueBlue42
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayFrosy View Post
LOL! That was good. Vince McMahon really should make a scripted kayfabe hockey league. Really, he should.
It didn't work out too well with him and Football...

Old
05-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Unagi

Right...and when Bettman hands over the Stanley Cup, he rips off his mask and reveals himself as Vince McMahon. Then Glass shatters and a Zamboni comes on to the ice...STONE COLD STONE COLD. He Beer Bashes Bettman/McMahon and the NY Rangers, hands the Cup over to Dustin Brown - just to give him the Stunner.

But then there comes Hogan and the Philly Flyers and take out Austin and take possession of the Cup. All hell has broken loose and Flyer-mania is running wild

Seriously dude?

Old
05-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Rangers in 2, brah.

Old
05-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I'm not saying it was aliens. But it was aliens.
Needs more of this

Old
05-21-2012, 01:09 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

If the Kings win 1 more game, we have something special on our hands... Either a team seeded lower than 5 wins the Stanley Cup for the first time in history, or the Rangers win!

Old
05-21-2012, 01:10 PM
LetsG0Devils

If LA and NY meet, it'll be just like the regular season games they've had.

Same thing goes for a meeting between NJ and LA.

Old
05-21-2012, 01:15 PM
NYSportsfan87
Thank You Eli

I'm sure players who are ultra competitive would allow the NHL to let this go through. They really don't care who wins or anything right?

Old
05-21-2012, 01:16 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I think it's pretty evident this thread is doused in paranoia with a sprinkle of too much wrestling on the side.

I'm all for a good conspiracy but to believe a sport as difficult hockey is scripted is do hilarious to the point where I'm trying to maintain my composure in my office without drawing to much attention to me.

05-21-2012, 01:57 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Someone call Mulder & Scully.

Old
05-21-2012, 02:14 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayFrosy View Post
BTW, I am NOT an agent of Gary Bettman.
The fact that you thought you had to clarify that is telling

Old
05-21-2012, 02:14 PM
VJ Rangerfan

Send a message via AIM to VJ Rangerfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLinePass View Post
Thanks for the jinx dude.
Seriously. And yes, its a conspiracy

Old
05-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Devilshark
Registered Abuser

No OFFENSE (lmao) to the OP, but NYR would be lucky to win a game in the SCF against LA.

Theyve barely gotten by as it is, scoring lucky, ugly goals when they need them and Lundqvist has had one of the easier playoff runs in recent memory, considering only 30-40% of the shots taken even get to him.

The Rangers are manufacturing wins and playing system hockey. As soon as they see a legit #1 goaltender like Quick, and a big tough LA team, its game over.

LA in 5 if it happens.

Old
05-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilshark View Post
No OFFENSE (lmao) to the OP, but NYR would be lucky to win a game in the SCF against LA.

LA in 5 if it happens.
I'm having a tough time reconciling these two statements..

Old
05-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Crease

Quote:

Theyve barely gotten by as it is, scoring lucky, ugly goals when they need them and Lundqvist has had one of the easier playoff runs in recent memory, considering only 30-40% of the shots taken even get to him.

The Rangers are manufacturing wins and playing system hockey. As soon as they see a legit #1 goaltender like Quick, and a big tough LA team, its game over.

LA in 5 if it happens.
I think you're selling Lundqvist short here. The Rangers have done a great job blocking shots but Lundqvist has had to put in his fair share of work. He's stolen quite a few games so far this postseason.

LA is on fire right now, and will both the Rangers and Devils fits. But I don't see it being a 4 or 5 game series.

Old
05-21-2012, 02:30 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:

LA in 5 if it happens.
Right. After the Rangers have fought and clawed all season and all playoffs they're just going to lay down to the Kings.

How exactly have they been lucky with the goals they've scored? They've worked their ***** of for their goals (and will continue to do so). It also doesnt matter if the goals are ugly or beautiful as long as they go in that's all that matters. It would be a tightly contested series against the Kings for both teams.

Old
05-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Devilshark
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
I think you're selling Lundqvist short here. The Rangers have done a great job blocking shots but Lundqvist has had to put in his fair share of work. He's stolen quite a few games so far this postseason.

LA is on fire right now, and will both the Rangers and Devils fits. But I don't see it being a 4 or 5 game series.
I dont think the Rangers will get more than 1- 2 goals a game at best, thats why. The only reason theyre up on the Devils is because Marty has let in a couple softies ( despite putting on a clinic ). Quick is younger, sharper and wont make those same mistakes. LA is a bigger, tougher team too. They have the top end talent the Rangers dont ( at all ). Not getting Nash will come back to haunt NYR if it happens.

Unless the Rangers shoot from Center Ice..

Old
05-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Super Schenn Bros
Hup Holland Hup!

Quote:
I dont think the Rangers will get more than 1- 2 goals a game at best, thats why. The only reason theyre up on the Devils is because Marty has let in a couple softies ( despite putting on a clinic ). Quick is younger, sharper and wont make those same mistakes. LA is a bigger, tougher team too. They have the top end talent the Rangers dont ( at all ). Not getting Nash will come back to haunt NYR if it happens.

Unless the Rangers shoot from Center Ice..
They don't have NHL Player Derek Morris to do that though

Closed Thread