HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECF | Game 4 | 5/21/12 | Rangers @ Devils | 8:00 PM | NBC SPORTS, CBC

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2012, 04:22 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
CJ you are not normally a troller but you are trolling here and there is no need. Like someone else said, you are better than that.

Dispense with the digs at MSG and Ranger fans...do that on the Devils board if you must.
I'm not trolling. Anyway, I'm out of here and heading to the game so you won't have to worry about anything from here on out.

Old
05-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
And there's a thing called "Sponsors"...that's who usually pays for the towels or any kind of giveaway.
They couldn't get a sponsor for the flashlight thingies?

Old
05-21-2012, 04:23 PM
gmerger37

Quote:
Yeah it was a little ridiculous and they were pretty aggressive when they tried to take them back from people as well. Who knows what the deal was.

I wouldn't rely on the NY Post for your daily source of information.

And there's a thing called "Sponsors"...that's who usually pays for the towels or any kind of giveaway.
I don't read the NY post. I have lived in NJ my entire life, doesn't take an "insider" or financial genius to realize this team is at the risk of being re-located if they have a few bad years. If not to another city, another arena or town at the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Well...they pretty much almost refuse to give you a towel if you're a Rangers fan. So there's some savings for them, lol.
Yeah but if they don't let us Rangers fans buy tix how will they sell out?

Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
My guess is because in 2008 some of your fans were stuffing them in toilets and caused a major problem.
Right. So because 5 idiots did something stupid FOUR years ago, thousands of us now will do the same. Makes so much sense. And not like you can't just flush a toilet paper roll down the toilet and clog it anyway. Why would you need a towel?

Old
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Relax! Geez you guys are sensitive over here when it comes to MSG.
Seriously? "Relax"???

You really think is cool to come over here on a gameday thread and make that comment?.

One that really makes not a bit of difference to a single Ranger fan short of your husband?? Then call us "sensitive"??

YOU should be banned to the couch for that one..

Old
Jersey Girl

Quote:
I'm not trolling. Anyway, I'm out of here and heading to the game so you won't have to worry about anything from here on out.
Yeah, you are. Enjoy the game.

Old
05-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Right. So because 5 idiots did something stupid FOUR years ago, thousands of us now will do the same. Makes so much sense. And not like you can't just flush a toilet paper roll down the toilet and clog it anyway. Why would you need a towel?
I said that in another thread. If I wanted to clog their toilet all I need is the toilet paper already in the stall. I don't need a towel to cause that problem.

Old
05-21-2012, 04:27 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
You are.

And again. Not "worried" in the least about any of the garbage that you have posted here in the last half hour.

But I am suprised.

Old
05-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Team View Post
I said that in another thread. If I wanted to clog their toilet all I need is the toilet paper already in the stall. I don't need a towel to cause that problem.
Something tells me that the "Toilet Incident" isn't the reason they refuse to give you a towel if you're a Rangers fan.

Inferiority complex, at it's best.

Old
05-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Just for the record I think us clogging the pipes at the Rock sounds awesome

Old
05-21-2012, 04:32 PM
NYR Viper

Guys, CJ is being actually overly civil. It was not a dig at MSG, just an opinion. Obviously we all love it because there are 18,00 0Ranger fans there. But as an opposing fan, I can definitely see how its just alright.

I would be the first person to infract a troller, but this does not constitute and is causing some good discussion.

Old
05-21-2012, 04:34 PM
gmerger37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Just for the record I think us clogging the pipes at the Rock sounds awesome
Be careful, if word gets out they might start handing out toilet paper to Devils fans only.

Old
05-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Lets keep it on topic.

Old
05-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmerger37 View Post
Be careful, if word gets out they might start handing out toilet paper to Devils fans only.

Now that wold be a new low, even for the Devils.

Old
05-21-2012, 04:40 PM
Tundra

Why would someone go through the trouble of flushing down a rally towel in an opposing team's building? Seems really petty and childish. Seems to be more of an idiot problem as opposed to exclusively a ranger fanbase problem.

Old
05-21-2012, 04:43 PM
GrizMint

American Pickers and Pawn Star marathon being the best thing on TV to pass the time is killing me. Need this game to start already! I'm on couch/bed rest for my back as a 21 year old and it makes this so hard. The past hour has felt like an eternity.

As pointed out by many, this game really is critical for us. A good game and win would mean a lot for the rest of the series and hopefully SCF. I would love to see a quality 60 minute effort but will as always take a Conn Smythe performance from Hanky to pull the W!

Lets Go Rangersss!

Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
Why would someone go through the trouble of flushing down a rally towel in an opposing team's building? Seems really petty and childish. Seems to be more of an idiot problem as opposed to exclusively a ranger fanbase problem.
Exactly. Why does it matter what 5 drunken idiots did FOUR YEARS AGO? So the thousands of NYR fans that go to the Rock are ALL going to flush the towels down the toilets? Come on. Besides, you don't need a towel if you want to clog a toilet. Toilet paper, (I hope) is available anyway.

Old
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Lets go Rangers. Just win.

Old
05-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

Quote:
In some ways it's probably considered good fun. In my teens or early 20's I did some stupid shiat. That said,

I was going to say that this attitude is pervasive in any sport by every fanbase. Man I was outside MSG, with my brother, both watching in disbelief while Ranger fans were rocking an ambulance taking Pat Lafontaine away after the game. But being down here in Miami and being exposed to Philly/Washington fans. I have to say, for the most part, the absolute worst NY/NJ fans aren't even in the same league of retards as fans from those cities. Holy moly are they bad.

Old
05-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Kershaw

Supporter of the guys, but I think there is no way we win this game. From looking at the interviews alone, the Devils players seem pissed off and focused while DZ's interview was nearly the same as it was after game 3 vs. Washington. History is likely to repeat itself and the Rangers will lose another game 4.

Old
05-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Supporter of the guys, but I think there is no way we win this game. From looking at the interviews alone, the Devils players seem pissed off and focused while DZ's interview was nearly the same as it was after game 3 vs. Washington. History is likely to repeat itself and the Rangers will lose another game 4.
The reverse jinx is back!

Old
05-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Well if the staff at prudential treated me the way I heard they been treating other ranger fans, I sure as hell would go out of my way to cause damage/a problem in the building.

But that's a problem that lies on the devils' end. Treat people like crap for no reason and they'll be more inclined to give you problems back.

Old
05-21-2012, 05:01 PM
EEDAWGZ

The one problem about NYC , the tourist is always right

Old
05-21-2012, 05:12 PM
averyrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Our good luck charm is here! I feel better about this game now.
Dude just promise me that even if you feel optimistic one day, you will still say that we have no chance in the GDT. We can't afford to mess with this!

Old
05-21-2012, 05:13 PM
marg429

Quote:
You have to understand that I've been to every arena (minus Winnipeg) for a game. There are places that are just incredible.
Top 5 arenas, in your opinion?

Closed Thread