HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCF Gm#4, 5/20/12 : COYOTES defeat KINGS 2-0, Kings Lead Series 3-1 ...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-21-2012, 02:29 PM
  #151
likid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maribor
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
I'm 100% sure that this PO Kings can't and won't lose 4 in a row against this Phoenix team ( even if they lose tommorow).

likid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 02:55 PM
  #152
tantrum4*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Yep, you nailed it. I'm a huge bandwagon fan. Totally 100% riding the Kings' jockstrap for this playoff run only. How many points does it count for when they score the ball into the net again?

Heaven forbid anyone have the audacity to question the almighty Quick. The Kings might not have scored in regulation, but that game should haven't ended after the third period. Quick has looked shaky all series. Over-committing to shots. Scrambling too much in the crease. Booting huge rebounds into the slot. Fortunately it hadn't come back to bite the team until yesterday since the team played so well in front of him the first 3 games.
Laughable comment

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 03:09 PM
  #153
Butch 19
King me
 
Butch 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: L.A. suburb
Country: United States
Posts: 8,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Laughable comment
Nice, well thoughtout rebuttal

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 03:13 PM
  #154
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Laughable comment
How?

He is right, not saying I agree with him on this particular issue, because I don't. But there are many people here who throw out the "Bandwagon" or "Not a True Fan" card out every time anyone says anything remotely critical of the team, coaches, management etc.

People are entitled to an opinion, doesn't make them any less of a fan, and it's ridiculous that anyone would say anything about that particular poster who has been here quite a long time, through thick and mostly thin.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 03:50 PM
  #155
stanleycupcrazy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
I would be lying if I said i wasnt a little nervous right now, but we cant win them all. It seemed that we couldnt get a break and luck was on the coyotes side. I think some are over-reacting saying we will lose 4 and choke! A wake up call was probably needed and we will be all the better in game 5 because of it. We wont blow 4 in a row, lets stay positive and support our boys!!

stanleycupcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 03:56 PM
  #156
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
No team has ever won the Stanley Cup by going 16-1. It wasn't going to happen for LA.

Losing game 4 when up 3-0 is not a big deal. Most NHL do not want to get swept, they have a lot of pride. Pressure is now on Phoenix to extend the series, the extra shame of being swept is gone.

Smith will have to steal game 5 if Phoenix wants to play in LA again.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:00 PM
  #157
yankeeking
Registered User
 
yankeeking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,657
vCash: 500
Sunday was just aa weird day, having to drink before breakfast, parking and walking into a war zone, I was deployed during the riots and do not remember seeing that many cops, those bike fans must be maniacs or something, not being able to jay walk, watching as a poor Hooters girl had to use that big scary black bridge to get to work, the horrors the horrors. Then we go inside and they are unloading boxes of t-shirts but they were not for us but were red for the clippers, not thast I am complaining I now have enough towels to rebuild both my car and motorcycle this summer whilst keeping my hands clean and lookin for more, and some fans were visibly on the down side of the donut rush they had because you know nobody turns down a free donut. The building really did seem off and so did the boys and it was probably just one of those games, kinda of like the day game losses to redwings and bluejackets. After the game the cops were still bankrupting the city with their overtime standing around in groups of 5 or more on every corner, do they REALLY think we are going to riot before we get the chance to lose game seven of the finals, oh sorry that was my trip to vancouver last summer, but I think its funny how many cops are around the building every game now maybe someone should tell them this is hockey and the average fan is 30yrs to 60yrs old white guys and that look in our eyes is the total disbelief of what we are seeing and not the look out for big screen tvs, but I do think the cops are getting smarter they are mostly on bikes that do not seem to burn as well as overturned police crown victoria's do. The ride home was the best I live in riverside so it is a ride and yesterday we started getting **** from coyote fans on the 60 fwy headed back to Az., I was pretty impressed first they could read my window sticker since it is three words long and so we saluted them with the your number one salute and thanked them for the 3 to 4 hundred each they paid fot the tickets and every car/van had 5 or 6 in it ah good times


Last edited by yankeeking: 05-21-2012 at 04:11 PM.
yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:01 PM
  #158
lumbergh
Registered User
 
lumbergh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 1,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drugold View Post
we need a proffesional powerplay doctor, a real pinball wizard
The Kings power play was awesome a decade ago. Is this guy Dave Tippett available? Oh...

lumbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:03 PM
  #159
lumbergh
Registered User
 
lumbergh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 1,655
vCash: 500
Blessing in disguise, in my opinion.

lumbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:07 PM
  #160
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
I saw a sign on my way home that said 'Doughty Cup'. It was for some fishing competition but I choose to take it as a forecast of things to come

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:19 PM
  #161
Quattro
Registered User
 
Quattro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 4,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
Sunday was just aa weird day, having to drink before breakfast, parking and walking into a war zone, I was deployed during the riots and do not remember seeing that many cops, those bike fans must be maniacs or something, not being able to jay walk, watching as a poor Hooters girl had to use that big scary black bridge to get to work, the horrors the horrors. Then we go inside and they are unloading boxes of t-shirts but they were not for us but were red for the clippers, not thast I am complaining I now have enough towels to rebuild both my car and motorcycle this summer whilst keeping my hands clean and lookin for more, and some fans were visibly on the down side of the donut rush they had because you know nobody turns down a free donut. The building really did seem off and so did the boys and it was probably just one of those games, kinda of like the day game losses to redwings and bluejackets. After the game the cops were still bankrupting the city with their overtime standing around in groups of 5 or more on every corner, do they REALLY think we are going to riot before we get the chance to lose game seven of the finals, oh sorry that was my trip to vancouver last summer, but I think its funny how many cops are around the building every game now maybe someone should tell them this is hockey and the average fan is 30yrs to 60yrs old white guys and that look in our eyes is the total disbelief of what we are seeing and not the look out for big screen tvs, but I do think the cops are getting smarter they are mostly on bikes that do not seem to burn as well as overturned police crown victoria's do. The ride home was the best I live in riverside so it is a ride and yesterday we started getting **** from coyote fans on the 60 fwy headed back to Az., I was pretty impressed first they could read my window sticker since it is three words long and so we saluted them with the your number one salute and thanked them for the 3 to 4 hundred each they paid fot the tickets and every car/van had 5 or 6 in it ah good times
good lord, paragraphs are your friend

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:23 PM
  #162
Butch 19
King me
 
Butch 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: L.A. suburb
Country: United States
Posts: 8,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
I saw a sign on my way home that said 'Doughty Cup'. It was for some fishing competition but I choose to take it as a forecast of things to come
Don't you mean the "Doty Cup?"

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:35 PM
  #163
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
Don't you mean the "Doty Cup?"
Pft, I live in New Jersey, not in LA

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:42 PM
  #164
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line
 
Docgonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chino, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 618
vCash: 500
Kings just looked off yesterday, defense left a lot of coyotes wide open in the slot. Thank goodness most of their shots went wide.

Plus we didn't get the breaks for once, that Lewis backhand goes in instead off the post or Brown scores When Kopi steals the puck from Smith and its a different game.

Game 5 it is

Docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:23 PM
  #165
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 11,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
Don't you mean the "Doty Cup?"
I thought it was Dorty Cup? And once again, Jim Hill butchered his name last night

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:31 PM
  #166
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,553
vCash: 500
I would like to see Quick make 35 saves on Tuesday night in a Kings win to re-establish himself as a dominant force, but the way the Kings are dominating terrtorially in this series it isn't going to happen. I guess we will just have to settle for the 4 games to 1 game series victory and be happy.

The Kings will win Game 5.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:34 PM
  #167
TonySCV
Moderator
Two Timer!
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,945
vCash: 500
I thought about blasting NotHelen for another of her patented snarky articles about the Kings loss this weekend. Thankfully I don't have to. Quisp handled it far better than I could have:

http://www.mcsorleys-stick.com/kings...ces-guess-who/

"For comparison, here’s Pierre LeBrun’s article using the same interviews. http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2012...face-adversity Much more balanced, when compared to Helene’s home-town bias. The thing I can’t figure out is, why is her bias backwards?"

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:52 PM
  #168
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
I thought about blasting NotHelen for another of her patented snarky articles about the Kings loss this weekend. Thankfully I don't have to. Quisp handled it far better than I could have:

http://www.mcsorleys-stick.com/kings...ces-guess-who/

"For comparison, hereís Pierre LeBrunís article using the same interviews. http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2012...face-adversity Much more balanced, when compared to Heleneís home-town bias. The thing I canít figure out is, why is her bias backwards?"
because she's a true fan who's trying to protect the history and tradition the Kings represent? Much like the Axis on this board does?

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:57 PM
  #169
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
How?

He is right, not saying I agree with him on this particular issue, because I don't. But there are many people here who throw out the "Bandwagon" or "Not a True Fan" card out every time anyone says anything remotely critical of the team, coaches, management etc.

People are entitled to an opinion, doesn't make them any less of a fan, and it's ridiculous that anyone would say anything about that particular poster who has been here quite a long time, through thick and mostly thin.


I hate it when we call our own Kings fans bandwagoners. Since when have we had something to bandwagon on? LA People are more anti-hockey than bandwagoners, so stop hating on our own people. If anything, i think a lot of analysts are bandwagoners. http://tsn.ca/blogs/kerry_fraser/?id=396253

Quote:
Before the playoffs began, I said the LA Kings were a team that was built and poised to go deep into the playoffs. Their combination of speed, size (how they use it), skill (offensively and defensively) and the outstanding goaltending of Jonathan Quick is going to be very difficult to match up against.
I think this is bullsh*t. Nobody gave us a lick at Vancouver. Hell, to be honest, I didn't think we'd take out Vancouver. Now he's back treading and acting like he's called it beforehand? Bullsh*t

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 06:11 PM
  #170
Butch 19
King me
 
Butch 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: L.A. suburb
Country: United States
Posts: 8,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
I thought it was Dorty Cup? And once again, Jim Hill butchered his name last night
Wouldn't you think that these "L.A. sports broadcasters" would be curoius about the Kings and go to a game here and there? Especially NOW that they've been doing well in the POs.

Maybe even sit down with Bob and Jim for a while bewfore or after a game just to talk some puck?

But it's so obvious that none of them do....

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 06:26 PM
  #171
fyrescorp
Registered User
 
fyrescorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 575
vCash: 500
Sorry to read that anyone is questioning Quick AT ALL. This kid carried us through the entire season and is now in the national spotlight for the first time, and he's, what, 24 years old. For gosh sake, the kids not Patrick Roy (yet).

Having been to numerous weekend afternoon games it didn't surprise me at all that they lost. 11-2 in the playoffs and this kid can't get a break. Oh brother.

fyrescorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 06:36 PM
  #172
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Laughable comment
Nothing he said was out of order. We're allowed to critique a bad game even after a string of good games. That includes Quick.


Does nobody remember the witchhunts of the last few years where some board members wanted Quick's ass on a platter when the entire team fell apart in the PO's? Most of us who are making mild critiques of Jon Quick were likely among his defenders during that onslaught. You know why? Because we're the level headed ones. Now we're getting flak from the other end of the spectrum, people who can't stand any sort of negativity after a roadbump (which is all it was). We're allowed the ponder what went wrong without trying to mentally fast forward to the teams next kick at the can.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 07:00 PM
  #173
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,403
vCash: 500
It's time for the Kings to play with some desperation and look like a team that has its back against the wall. They were a bit too nonchalant for my liking in the last game, especially on the powerplay and on faceoffs.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 07:20 PM
  #174
ShattStar03
Registered User
 
ShattStar03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Claremont, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,501
vCash: 500
I don't care how many shots the Kings got on net yesterday, there was a distinct difference in energy and focus compared to other previous games.

It seems like the Kings were watching the game, trying to wait for the game to open up. They didn't have the intensity and the nastiness to finish those chances/rebounds Smith coughed up.

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 07:34 PM
  #175
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
It's time for the Kings to play with some desperation and look like a team that has its back against the wall. They were a bit too nonchalant for my liking in the last game, especially on the powerplay and on faceoffs.
Kings better come out like the devils have tonight. Don't give the coyotes an inch.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.