HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCF Gm#4, 5/20/12 : COYOTES defeat KINGS 2-0, Kings Lead Series 3-1 ...

Old
05-21-2012, 02:29 PM
likid

vCash: 500
I'm 100% sure that this PO Kings can't and won't lose 4 in a row against this Phoenix team ( even if they lose tommorow).

likid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 02:55 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Yep, you nailed it. I'm a huge bandwagon fan. Totally 100% riding the Kings' jockstrap for this playoff run only. How many points does it count for when they score the ball into the net again?

Heaven forbid anyone have the audacity to question the almighty Quick. The Kings might not have scored in regulation, but that game should haven't ended after the third period. Quick has looked shaky all series. Over-committing to shots. Scrambling too much in the crease. Booting huge rebounds into the slot. Fortunately it hadn't come back to bite the team until yesterday since the team played so well in front of him the first 3 games.
Laughable comment

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Laughable comment
Nice, well thoughtout rebuttal

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Laughable comment
How?

He is right, not saying I agree with him on this particular issue, because I don't. But there are many people here who throw out the "Bandwagon" or "Not a True Fan" card out every time anyone says anything remotely critical of the team, coaches, management etc.

People are entitled to an opinion, doesn't make them any less of a fan, and it's ridiculous that anyone would say anything about that particular poster who has been here quite a long time, through thick and mostly thin.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 03:50 PM
stanleycupcrazy

I would be lying if I said i wasnt a little nervous right now, but we cant win them all. It seemed that we couldnt get a break and luck was on the coyotes side. I think some are over-reacting saying we will lose 4 and choke! A wake up call was probably needed and we will be all the better in game 5 because of it. We wont blow 4 in a row, lets stay positive and support our boys!!

stanleycupcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 03:56 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
No team has ever won the Stanley Cup by going 16-1. It wasn't going to happen for LA.

Losing game 4 when up 3-0 is not a big deal. Most NHL do not want to get swept, they have a lot of pride. Pressure is now on Phoenix to extend the series, the extra shame of being swept is gone.

Smith will have to steal game 5 if Phoenix wants to play in LA again.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:00 PM
yankeeking

Sunday was just aa weird day, having to drink before breakfast, parking and walking into a war zone, I was deployed during the riots and do not remember seeing that many cops, those bike fans must be maniacs or something, not being able to jay walk, watching as a poor Hooters girl had to use that big scary black bridge to get to work, the horrors the horrors. Then we go inside and they are unloading boxes of t-shirts but they were not for us but were red for the clippers, not thast I am complaining I now have enough towels to rebuild both my car and motorcycle this summer whilst keeping my hands clean and lookin for more, and some fans were visibly on the down side of the donut rush they had because you know nobody turns down a free donut. The building really did seem off and so did the boys and it was probably just one of those games, kinda of like the day game losses to redwings and bluejackets. After the game the cops were still bankrupting the city with their overtime standing around in groups of 5 or more on every corner, do they REALLY think we are going to riot before we get the chance to lose game seven of the finals, oh sorry that was my trip to vancouver last summer, but I think its funny how many cops are around the building every game now maybe someone should tell them this is hockey and the average fan is 30yrs to 60yrs old white guys and that look in our eyes is the total disbelief of what we are seeing and not the look out for big screen tvs, but I do think the cops are getting smarter they are mostly on bikes that do not seem to burn as well as overturned police crown victoria's do. The ride home was the best I live in riverside so it is a ride and yesterday we started getting **** from coyote fans on the 60 fwy headed back to Az., I was pretty impressed first they could read my window sticker since it is three words long and so we saluted them with the your number one salute and thanked them for the 3 to 4 hundred each they paid fot the tickets and every car/van had 5 or 6 in it ah good times

Last edited by yankeeking: 05-21-2012 at 04:11 PM.
yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:01 PM
lumbergh

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugold View Post
we need a proffesional powerplay doctor, a real pinball wizard
The Kings power play was awesome a decade ago. Is this guy Dave Tippett available? Oh...

lumbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:03 PM
lumbergh

Blessing in disguise, in my opinion.

lumbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:07 PM
jml87

I saw a sign on my way home that said 'Doughty Cup'. It was for some fishing competition but I choose to take it as a forecast of things to come

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:19 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
Sunday was just aa weird day, having to drink before breakfast, parking and walking into a war zone, I was deployed during the riots and do not remember seeing that many cops, those bike fans must be maniacs or something, not being able to jay walk, watching as a poor Hooters girl had to use that big scary black bridge to get to work, the horrors the horrors. Then we go inside and they are unloading boxes of t-shirts but they were not for us but were red for the clippers, not thast I am complaining I now have enough towels to rebuild both my car and motorcycle this summer whilst keeping my hands clean and lookin for more, and some fans were visibly on the down side of the donut rush they had because you know nobody turns down a free donut. The building really did seem off and so did the boys and it was probably just one of those games, kinda of like the day game losses to redwings and bluejackets. After the game the cops were still bankrupting the city with their overtime standing around in groups of 5 or more on every corner, do they REALLY think we are going to riot before we get the chance to lose game seven of the finals, oh sorry that was my trip to vancouver last summer, but I think its funny how many cops are around the building every game now maybe someone should tell them this is hockey and the average fan is 30yrs to 60yrs old white guys and that look in our eyes is the total disbelief of what we are seeing and not the look out for big screen tvs, but I do think the cops are getting smarter they are mostly on bikes that do not seem to burn as well as overturned police crown victoria's do. The ride home was the best I live in riverside so it is a ride and yesterday we started getting **** from coyote fans on the 60 fwy headed back to Az., I was pretty impressed first they could read my window sticker since it is three words long and so we saluted them with the your number one salute and thanked them for the 3 to 4 hundred each they paid fot the tickets and every car/van had 5 or 6 in it ah good times
good lord, paragraphs are your friend

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
I saw a sign on my way home that said 'Doughty Cup'. It was for some fishing competition but I choose to take it as a forecast of things to come
Don't you mean the "Doty Cup?"

Old
05-21-2012, 04:35 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
Pft, I live in New Jersey, not in LA

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Kings just looked off yesterday, defense left a lot of coyotes wide open in the slot. Thank goodness most of their shots went wide.

Plus we didn't get the breaks for once, that Lewis backhand goes in instead off the post or Brown scores When Kopi steals the puck from Smith and its a different game.

Game 5 it is

Docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:23 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
I thought it was Dorty Cup? And once again, Jim Hill butchered his name last night

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:31 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I would like to see Quick make 35 saves on Tuesday night in a Kings win to re-establish himself as a dominant force, but the way the Kings are dominating terrtorially in this series it isn't going to happen. I guess we will just have to settle for the 4 games to 1 game series victory and be happy.

The Kings will win Game 5.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:34 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

I thought about blasting NotHelen for another of her patented snarky articles about the Kings loss this weekend. Thankfully I don't have to. Quisp handled it far better than I could have:

http://www.mcsorleys-stick.com/kings...ces-guess-who/

"For comparison, here’s Pierre LeBrun’s article using the same interviews. http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2012...face-adversity Much more balanced, when compared to Helene’s home-town bias. The thing I can’t figure out is, why is her bias backwards?"

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:52 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
I thought about blasting NotHelen for another of her patented snarky articles about the Kings loss this weekend. Thankfully I don't have to. Quisp handled it far better than I could have:

http://www.mcsorleys-stick.com/kings...ces-guess-who/

"For comparison, hereís Pierre LeBrunís article using the same interviews. http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2012...face-adversity Much more balanced, when compared to Heleneís home-town bias. The thing I canít figure out is, why is her bias backwards?"
because she's a true fan who's trying to protect the history and tradition the Kings represent? Much like the Axis on this board does?

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:57 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
How?

He is right, not saying I agree with him on this particular issue, because I don't. But there are many people here who throw out the "Bandwagon" or "Not a True Fan" card out every time anyone says anything remotely critical of the team, coaches, management etc.

People are entitled to an opinion, doesn't make them any less of a fan, and it's ridiculous that anyone would say anything about that particular poster who has been here quite a long time, through thick and mostly thin.

I hate it when we call our own Kings fans bandwagoners. Since when have we had something to bandwagon on? LA People are more anti-hockey than bandwagoners, so stop hating on our own people. If anything, i think a lot of analysts are bandwagoners. http://tsn.ca/blogs/kerry_fraser/?id=396253

Quote:
Before the playoffs began, I said the LA Kings were a team that was built and poised to go deep into the playoffs. Their combination of speed, size (how they use it), skill (offensively and defensively) and the outstanding goaltending of Jonathan Quick is going to be very difficult to match up against.
I think this is bullsh*t. Nobody gave us a lick at Vancouver. Hell, to be honest, I didn't think we'd take out Vancouver. Now he's back treading and acting like he's called it beforehand? Bullsh*t

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
I thought it was Dorty Cup? And once again, Jim Hill butchered his name last night
Wouldn't you think that these "L.A. sports broadcasters" would be curoius about the Kings and go to a game here and there? Especially NOW that they've been doing well in the POs.

Maybe even sit down with Bob and Jim for a while bewfore or after a game just to talk some puck?

But it's so obvious that none of them do....

Old
05-21-2012, 06:26 PM
fyrescorp

Sorry to read that anyone is questioning Quick AT ALL. This kid carried us through the entire season and is now in the national spotlight for the first time, and he's, what, 24 years old. For gosh sake, the kids not Patrick Roy (yet).

Having been to numerous weekend afternoon games it didn't surprise me at all that they lost. 11-2 in the playoffs and this kid can't get a break. Oh brother.

fyrescorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Laughable comment
Nothing he said was out of order. We're allowed to critique a bad game even after a string of good games. That includes Quick.

Does nobody remember the witchhunts of the last few years where some board members wanted Quick's ass on a platter when the entire team fell apart in the PO's? Most of us who are making mild critiques of Jon Quick were likely among his defenders during that onslaught. You know why? Because we're the level headed ones. Now we're getting flak from the other end of the spectrum, people who can't stand any sort of negativity after a roadbump (which is all it was). We're allowed the ponder what went wrong without trying to mentally fast forward to the teams next kick at the can.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 07:00 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

It's time for the Kings to play with some desperation and look like a team that has its back against the wall. They were a bit too nonchalant for my liking in the last game, especially on the powerplay and on faceoffs.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 07:20 PM
ShattStar03

I don't care how many shots the Kings got on net yesterday, there was a distinct difference in energy and focus compared to other previous games.

It seems like the Kings were watching the game, trying to wait for the game to open up. They didn't have the intensity and the nastiness to finish those chances/rebounds Smith coughed up.

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 07:34 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
It's time for the Kings to play with some desperation and look like a team that has its back against the wall. They were a bit too nonchalant for my liking in the last game, especially on the powerplay and on faceoffs.
Kings better come out like the devils have tonight. Don't give the coyotes an inch.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote