All Purpose Prospect/St. John's Thread - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2012, 12:36 PM
KapG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
And, just to add fuel to the fire, Marco Rosa has 1 assist in 9 games.

So, the being injured, being burned-out or making too many 'rookie mistakes/turnovers' arguments would be the only ones that would fly, at all, with me now.

I hope they get him in again.
If he is injured, why not just come out and say so? It's not like they have him playing injured and they need to hide the injury...

A rookie making rookie mistakes and having a few turnovers is part of their development. To bench him for that is kind of silly, especially when you are putting in a player who has no future (at least no NHL future) with the org and who hasn't really even played better then Mark.

The situation is just weird to me.

Would love to see him get another shot over Rosa in the upcoming games. Won't get my hopes up though :/.

Old
05-19-2012, 12:48 PM
TCsmyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapG View Post
If he is injured, why not just come out and say so? It's not like they have him playing injured and they need to hide the injury...

A rookie making rookie mistakes and having a few turnovers is part of their development. To bench him for that is kind of silly, especially when you are putting in a player who has no future (at least no NHL future) with the org and who hasn't really even played better then Mark.

The situation is just weird to me.

Would love to see him get another shot over Rosa in the upcoming games. Won't get my hopes up though :/.
I still don't get your line of thinking. Why on earth would you tell anybody if he is injured? Haven't you watched all the playoffs over the years where guys end up having shoulder or knee or wrist surgery and we find out after the fact. If he has a bump or a tweak that needs a few days...why would you say?

I think this is a huge deal over nothing. Whatever the reason, I am sure he is thrilled to be part of this, knowing it is one step closer to the NHL for him. I know you have him in a pool or something, but to me, much to do about nothing.

Old
05-19-2012, 01:20 PM
KapG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCsmyth View Post
I still don't get your line of thinking. Why on earth would you tell anybody if he is injured? Haven't you watched all the playoffs over the years where guys end up having shoulder or knee or wrist surgery and we find out after the fact. If he has a bump or a tweak that needs a few days...why would you say?

I think this is a huge deal over nothing. Whatever the reason, I am sure he is thrilled to be part of this, knowing it is one step closer to the NHL for him. I know you have him in a pool or something, but to me, much to do about nothing.
Yes I've watched the playoffs over the years. These players you talk about, they are usually still in the lineup, which is why the injuries are never really disclosed. Don't want the opposing players targeting the injuries after all. It's possible he has a minor injury and he needed some rest, if that is the case, I'd expect to see him in the lineup next game.

If the injury is bad enough to keep him out for the remainder of the playoffs, just come out and say so and get him started on his rehab.

**Regardless of the fact that I have him in a Keeper league, you'd have to think playing in these important games would be best for his development. It's not like the career AHLrs they are replacing him with are actually playing any better.

Last edited by KapG: 05-19-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old
05-19-2012, 01:31 PM
TCsmyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapG View Post
Yes I've watched the playoffs over the years. These players you talk about, they are usually still in the lineup, which is why the injuries are never really disclosed. Don't want the opposing players targeting the injuries after all. It's possible he has a minor injury and he needed some rest, if that is the case, I'd expect to see him in the lineup next game.

If the injury is bad enough to keep him out for the remainder of the playoffs, just come out and say so and get him started on his rehab.

**Regardless of the fact that I have him in a Keeper league, you'd have to think playing in these important games would be best for his development. It's not like the career AHLrs they are replacing him with are actually playing any better.
Fair enough, agreed if he is out he is out. I was more thinking it could be nagging...we will see if he gets back in, cheers

Old
05-19-2012, 01:44 PM
KapG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCsmyth View Post
Fair enough, agreed if he is out he is out. I was more thinking it could be nagging...we will see if he gets back in, cheers
Good luck the rest of the way.

Perhaps we will see each others teams in the championship !

Old
05-20-2012, 12:23 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

hey guys....been in africa for a month...can someone give me the coles notes on scheifelle and the caps?....how much has he played?....what round are the playoffs in?....i gather he has been benched lately?

quick funny story...i got off the plane in casablanca and the first thing i see in africa is a guy wearing a totally beat up new logo jets hat....the guy was a diamond miner in mali.....pretty amazing how the jets brand has spread across the world.

Old
05-20-2012, 02:04 PM
trebendan

Anyone know why Festerling wasn't playing last night?

Old
05-20-2012, 05:55 PM
roccerfeller
jets bromantic

vCash: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter sullivan View Post
hey guys....been in africa for a month...can someone give me the coles notes on scheifelle and the caps?....how much has he played?....what round are the playoffs in?....i gather he has been benched lately?

quick funny story...i got off the plane in casablanca and the first thing i see in africa is a guy wearing a totally beat up new logo jets hat....the guy was a diamond miner in mali.....pretty amazing how the jets brand has spread across the world.
All I know is Caps are in conference finals with Admirals, and are down 2-0

Hope the Caps can pull through!!! But the Admirals are the favorites to win the cup, aiui.

Old
05-21-2012, 03:52 PM
MrMariusz

IceCaps looked a lot better last game already, and with home ice they might get a win tonight.

Old
05-21-2012, 04:32 PM
IceCapsFanNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMariusz View Post
IceCaps looked a lot better last game already, and with home ice they might get a win tonight.
Schiefele skating the warm up. No Mahachek,

Rally towels in our seats tonight

Old
05-21-2012, 04:34 PM
IceCapsFanNL

O Dell, DeSantis and Clark warming up

Old
05-21-2012, 04:42 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
to say this is a big game tonight is a massive understatement, must win for the Caps!

Old
05-21-2012, 04:43 PM
MrMariusz

No seperate game 3 GDT?

Old
05-21-2012, 04:45 PM
IceCapsFanNL

Considering how much of a basket case I was before game 7 againgst WBS, I am strangely calm.

Old
05-21-2012, 04:50 PM
IceCapsFanNL

Klingberg benched.

Old
05-21-2012, 05:07 PM
MrMariusz

http://atdhenet.tv/45025/watch-ahl-n...john-s-icecaps

Good luck.

Old
05-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Diggyjets
Rookie User

Has anyone ever took a moment to think that mark isn't what everyone is hoping he will be. We know that couturier was The better choice . He has shown little progress this past year. Sure he kept the same amount of point totals give or take. I think we should all be worried. That is just my opinion but we should all get ready for him to be in the ahl ( If he gets bigger) when couturier is an all star. He won't be good enough to be a top 6 and can't play tough enough to play bottom 6. Just be ready everyone. Go jets go anyways woooooo

Old
05-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Aerial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggyjets View Post
Has anyone ever took a moment to think that mark isn't what everyone is hoping he will be.
Really? I don't think I've ever once heard anyone express that!

Quote:
We know that couturier was The better choice .
Definitely, it's super easy to tell after a single season which 18-year-old will have the best NHL career. Can't imagine why Chevy hasn't traded Scheifele for a second-round pick to recoup some of the loss yet.

Old
05-21-2012, 09:09 PM
None

Quote:
Has anyone ever took a moment to think that mark isn't what everyone is hoping he will be.
You write this as a statement; not a question. It's far too soon to make a clear judgement from a fan perspecting and all I read here from you is crying.
I've personally seen enough from Scheifele to at least have faith in the Jets and remain hopeful that he'll be what they expect him to be. It's completely unnecessary to come here crying over spilt milk.

Old
05-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Diggyjets
Rookie User

Any hockey fan can tell. Couterier is bigger faster better on defense by a mile. Sheifelle was a long shot and people needto start thinking of him that way.

Old
05-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Aerial

Quote:
Any hockey fan can tell. Couterier is bigger faster better on defense by a mile. Sheifelle was a long shot and people needto start thinking of him that way.
Yeah, you're right, it's hard to remember that hockey players stop developing at age 19 -- the year just flew by so fast. Oh well.

Seriously though, just as an FYI, you're not the first person to start this debate. We've had it out ad nauseum here and on every other comment section and message board in existence. Many of us disagree with your conclusion, since there is absolutely no way at this point we can pronounce one player or the other the better pick.

Mark is coming along well and took some great steps forward this year, and this will be a big off-season for him. Come back in five years and we'll be able to have a definitive answer.

Old
05-21-2012, 09:22 PM
None

Quote:
You provide a compelling argument, my friend. I'm forced to completely agree with you after reading such a well thought out argument as to why Winnipeg could possibly select the player they felt more comfortable selecting. Clearly Scheifele is worse than Couturier.

Old
05-21-2012, 09:28 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Has anyone ever took a moment to think that mark isn't what everyone is hoping he will be. We know that couturier was The better choice . He has shown little progress this past year. Sure he kept the same amount of point totals give or take. I think we should all be worried. That is just my opinion but we should all get ready for him to be in the ahl ( If he gets bigger) when couturier is an all star. He won't be good enough to be a top 6 and can't play tough enough to play bottom 6. Just be ready everyone. Go jets go anyways woooooo
Sadly there is the up coming wake board accident in 2014 that will limit Sean's career due to the knee injury that never fully heals!

Old
05-21-2012, 09:34 PM
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Sadly there is the up coming wake board accident in 2014 that will limit Sean's career due to the knee injury that never fully heals!
I like where this is going

But this is incredibly annoying. Scheifele has easily been one of the best forwards for St Johns and hasn't been terrible on faceoffs despite having a lot less upper and lower body strength than these men who are 3+ years older than him and adjusted completely to their frames. At times he's been the only player who's capable of making a pass on the Ice Caps. It's ridiculous to expect every 18 year old player to enter the NHL in their draft year let alone look half decent.

Old
05-21-2012, 09:54 PM
Diggyjets
Rookie User

I didn't mean to make t sound as I'm trying to be a pessimist. I only want what is best for the jets. We will now know for a least 5 years. But every chance mark has had to live up to The hype he has not. ( wjc he was invisible more and more as the stakes rose, he hid from hits and corners with kids his own age, until Te bronze medal game when he popped in 2) last season including playlets in Barrie he was average. Hardly what we wan from a 7th overall pick. And the ice caps well I will admit that could be because of his size. But there was another chance but he still didn't shine like a future number one center. We have taken a huge huge chance passing on couturier. And if mark doesn't turn out to be a #1 center and a 80 point guy. While couture is shutting down Te best players in the game while scoring 50 to 60 points a year. Its just not gonna happen

Closed Thread