HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cornell vs CC

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2006, 12:43 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Cornell vs CC

Just got done watching the game it was on tape delay from earlier today. Cornell with a huge come from behind win to keep their season alive. Both O'Byrne and Gleed played well, both were +1 I believe. It didn't start out well for Cornell who once again took too many penalites and were ended up going down 2-0. Cornell is not a good come from behind team, or they usually aren't, they are dominate when they get the lead cause they play such a good defensive system and a great hard working forecheck.

But they do have a really good PP and it got them within one in the 2nd. Down 2-1 in the 3rd they played a lot smarter and were able to tie it up 2-2. Then later in the game Cornell was buzzing, when Jon Gleed jumps in on the play and throws a wicked backhander top shelf for the game winning goal. What is so impressive, it's Gleed's first goal of the season in what could have been his final game in the NCAA. It's the biggest goal scored for Cornell this year imo and likely the biggest in his career.

The announcers were really impressed with O'Byrne saying how he looks like a future NHLer due to the fact that he won the fastest skater during Cornell's skills comp and yet he's 6'5 220 and how rare it is to see such a big guy skate so well with such speed. He played a strong game overall, almost had a goal in the 3rd and aside from some minor mistakes it was a good night for him as it's been most of the season.

Great to see Gleed get the GW though. Now Cornell has their work cut out for them as they will play Wisconsin tomorrow night at 5 pm. Winner goes on to the Final Four matchup in April but it's going to be very tough to beat Wisconsin who imo I could see winning it all this year cause they likely have the best goalie in the NCAA. Can't wait to see how they do, hope O'Byrne and Gleed both have big games.

Old
03-26-2006, 12:50 AM
zurg999

Thanks Dan, looking forward to seeing O'Byrne at some point.

Old
03-26-2006, 02:46 AM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Just got done watching the game it was on tape delay from earlier today. Cornell with a huge come from behind win to keep their season alive. Both O'Byrne and Gleed played well, both were +1 I believe. It didn't start out well for Cornell who once again took too many penalites and were ended up going down 2-0. Cornell is not a good come from behind team, or they usually aren't, they are dominate when they get the lead cause they play such a good defensive system and a great hard working forecheck.

But they do have a really good PP and it got them within one in the 2nd. Down 2-1 in the 3rd they played a lot smarter and were able to tie it up 2-2. Then later in the game Cornell was buzzing, when Jon Gleed jumps in on the play and throws a wicked backhander top shelf for the game winning goal. What is so impressive, it's Gleed's first goal of the season in what could have been his final game in the NCAA. It's the biggest goal scored for Cornell this year imo and likely the biggest in his career.

The announcers were really impressed with O'Byrne saying how he looks like a future NHLer due to the fact that he won the fastest skater during Cornell's skills comp and yet he's 6'5 220 and how rare it is to see such a big guy skate so well with such speed. He played a strong game overall, almost had a goal in the 3rd and aside from some minor mistakes it was a good night for him as it's been most of the season.

Great to see Gleed get the GW though. Now Cornell has their work cut out for them as they will play Wisconsin tomorrow night at 5 pm. Winner goes on to the Final Four matchup in April but it's going to be very tough to beat Wisconsin who imo I could see winning it all this year cause they likely have the best goalie in the NCAA. Can't wait to see how they do, hope O'Byrne and Gleed both have big games.

I highly doubt we get by Wisconsin. They're better than us in nearly every aspect.

Even if "Cornhell" does get by the Badgers (say that word with an extremely nasal "a"), they get BC if I'm not mistaken. And BC scares me.

All the teams from here on out are the best of the best.

Old
03-26-2006, 12:32 PM
terreur

Hey, since you saw the game, how did Sacha Pokulok look? I'M wondering since i've playend against him for a few years in atom and pee-wee hockey

Old
03-26-2006, 02:00 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

NHL Network announced they're airing Cornell vs Wisconsin, Sunday 5pm EST if I heard right.

Old
03-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Jon Gleed!, i hope we sign him.

Old
03-26-2006, 03:54 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by terreur
Hey, since you saw the game, how did Sacha Pokulok look? I'M wondering since i've playend against him for a few years in atom and pee-wee hockey

He was ok but imo he hasn't been the same since returning from injury. He's huge like O'Byrne but no where near as physical, fast or as good a skater. The Cornell fans often refer to O'Byrne/Pokulok as the twin towers, both are tied for the team lead in scoring for defense but O'Byrne sees more ice time. Pokulok moves the puck well and has good vision, Cornell will need a big game from him, I thought he was rather quiet in last nights big win.

Old
03-26-2006, 04:03 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 3907
I stopped watching when it was 2-0 CC

I guess I should have kept watching

Closed Thread