HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Game 4 vs. Devils

Old
05-21-2012, 10:36 PM
fscuttle

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to fscuttle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdt560 View Post
Yes, I know I will catch hell for the first post but live with it, I have more than likely been a fan than many (I said many) of you have been on this earth or at least able to remember your time on earth (grew up watching them since '70 but didn't truly realize my "fandom" until '78). This blaming the refs thing is getting old! Yes they are inconsistent and damn near suck the majority of these playoffs but you and I know that and so do the players so they need to game plan around it, that's what they are payed to do! Plus the refs had zero input in the outcome of this crapfest! The Rangers out right stunk up the joint this game and actually did the same most of the last game, minus Lundqvist. This team was lucky going in 2-1 and it showed. They have been seriously lacking in a dominating type game in this series. They looked tired and beat and seem to more or less wish for a goal rather than actually work for it. They have been playing a dump and chase game (as with most of the season) but minus the chase. Granted Marty has been diminishing the effect of the dump and chase game but adjustments need to be made and they haven't been. Outright horrible performance by all tonight! Del Zotto has been horrible and Lundqvist was lackluster tonight and it obviously showed. The puck, obviously, needs to be played more in the opposition zone and it hasn't been.
They can't even make a clean pass in the neutral zone. And watching Gaborik pull up every time he's about to have a collision is starting to make me sick.

fscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:38 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Game officially ended when we couldn't get a forecheck going stupid, it didn't end when they scored the 3rd one, we were already down by 2 when that happened. If you weren't trolling and actually watched the game you would know that. ER DERRRRR
Well we scored 1 goal so the 2nd goal is what ended it. But 2-0 in the 3rd is a tall task but doable, 3-0 is pretty much impossible. That goal killed any chance we had of a comeback, not that we would have come back if he didn't give that goal up.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Looks like Richards exhausted all his heroism in the 2nd round. He's been very quiet this round.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I do this in NHL 12 from time to time. I will purposely lose games just to make it more dramatic. Maybe someone is doing the same.
Haha I've done that too. It feels cheap going 82-0. I always forget to change my new seasons to All-Star or Superstar... Whatever comes after Pro.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewYorkRangers89*

SnowBlindNYR for goalie coach next season, he has my vote. Why are we even using Benoit Allaire, the man for the job is right here on the board!!

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdt560 View Post
Yes, I know I will catch hell for the first post but live with it, I have more than likely been a fan than many (I said many) of you have been on this earth or at least able to remember your time on earth (grew up watching them since '70 but didn't truly realize my "fandom" until '78). This blaming the refs thing is getting old! Yes they are inconsistent and damn near suck the majority of these playoffs but you and I know that and so do the players so they need to game plan around it, that's what they are payed to do! Plus the refs had zero input in the outcome of this crapfest! The Rangers out right stunk up the joint this game and actually did the same most of the last game, minus Lundqvist. This team was lucky going in 2-1 and it showed. They have been seriously lacking in a dominating type game in this series. They looked tired and beat and seem to more or less wish for a goal rather than actually work for it. They have been playing a dump and chase game (as with most of the season) but minus the chase. Granted Marty has been diminishing the effect of the dump and chase game but adjustments need to be made and they haven't been. Outright horrible performance by all tonight! Del Zotto has been horrible and Lundqvist was lackluster tonight and it obviously showed. The puck, obviously, needs to be played more in the opposition zone and it hasn't been.
This pretty much sums it up.

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:39 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
Haha I've done that too. It feels cheap going 82-0. I always forget to change my new seasons to All-Star or Superstar... Whatever comes after Pro.
I cant even win in NHL 12 lol any tips?

Old
05-21-2012, 10:39 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Oh boy.... You're a lost cause.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:40 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Don't play on Superstar... it's like playing a team full of T-800s.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MDL8981

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
None of our other players that we have a) play as important of a position as him and b) are the best in the world at what they do. But yeah the offense and defense was horrendous I've mentioned that the whole team stunk, yet people pick what I say about Hank to make it seem like I only think he played poorly.
Because there is no reason to get on Hank for tonight. He's one of the best at his position....but you cant be great every night and he cant allow 0-1 goals every night. Expecting him to do so is just unrealistic.

Your frustration should be focused elsewhere. No other team I've ever seen thats gotten this deep in the playoffs before has such an inept offense. That alone shows how great Hank is.

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
30theking

this game really could have been even worse. by the way they were playing i was surprised they were able to kill off a 4 minute powerplay and a 5 on 3.

30theking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:41 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

REMINDER-

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/at...1&d=1337658091
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ArNfMM4CAAAXU6u.jpg‎ (19.5 KB, 6 views)

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:41 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30theking View Post
this game really could have been even worse. by the way they were playing i was surprised they were able to kill off a 4 minute powerplay and a 5 on 3.
Lol..oh I wasn't. Game was out of reach at that point. Of course they killed it off.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:42 PM
ltsthinaz

Just watched the game on DVR. Some thoughts

1. Of all the pathetic games the Rangers have played in the playoffs, this was by far the worst. Last I recollect, you don't win too many games scoring no goals (I don't count the Feds goal - game was for all intents and purposes over by then

2. I get what Tortarella was doing in the third period, resting the "stars" and McD and Girardi - why play them all when you need them in two days and the game is essentially over

3. When John Mitchell is about your best player with Mike Rupp, you're in trouble.

4. Torts needs to go to someone like Anisimov and say "do you like playing for the Rangers? because if you don't show up for the next game, you're out of here".

5. They really need to do something about the officiating - 11 power plays to 3 in NJ? Yeah, I know our PK is good and our PP sucks, but really. And why isn't Kovalchuk suspended a game for a deliberate spear and attempt to injure. I remember Phil Goyette (in the 1960's for you youngsters) having his career ended by a similar spear.

6. Can we watch the national feed for the game. Seems they picked up the Devils telecast - the Devils announcer, Doc Emrick, thenh between periods, Keith Jones discussing the Devils offense and then Milbury discussing the Devils defense. Oh wait, they ARE the national feed.

7. And finally, we aren't winning the Cup with Brian Boyle, Prust (when he returns), Rupp, Mitchell, Fedotenko, Stu Bickel scoring. Every first period it seems the Devils just want the puck more and are more willing to sacrifice. We need for our best players to show up from the opening faceoff and get some scoring chances early, not just try to weather 40 minutes with Lundqvist standing on his head and then we score in the third. Ain't going to happen next time, either.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

The Rangers HAVE TO FORECHECK Devils Players NEAR THEIR OWN NET...They have to make sure the Devils are not crashing the net...That is what they are doing it is something we have to do on their end. Fire shots from the blue line and block Marty's view so he does not see the puck and then crash the net for any opportunities.

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Well we scored 1 goal so the 2nd goal is what ended it. But 2-0 in the 3rd is a tall task but doable, 3-0 is pretty much impossible. That goal killed any chance we had of a comeback, not that we would have come back if he didn't give that goal up.

3-0 is the same as 2-0 with this team, We couldn't get anything going all game, who the hell cares how many goals Hank gives up when we can't even get quality shots on goal? We would have lost if this was a 0-0 game due to the fact of not being able to do ANYTHING in the offensive zone. When we play like crap, 3,5, or even 10 goals against is the same ****, we still played like girls no matter how many goals they scored.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
yes. just do what i do when i'm angry. turn the penalties off and check marty when he goes behind the net for the puck. he'll do a back flip and lay down on the ice as if he's dead. then just score the empty netter. it feels good.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:44 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
Just watched the game on DVR. Some thoughts

1. Of all the pathetic games the Rangers have played in the playoffs, this was by far the worst. Last I recollect, you don't win too many games scoring no goals (I don't count the Feds goal - game was for all intents and purposes over by then

2. I get what Tortarella was doing in the third period, resting the "stars" and McD and Girardi - why play them all when you need them in two days and the game is essentially over

3. When John Mitchell is about your best player with Mike Rupp, you're in trouble.

4. Torts needs to go to someone like Anisimov and say "do you like playing for the Rangers? because if you don't show up for the next game, you're out of here".

5. They really need to do something about the officiating - 11 power plays to 3 in NJ? Yeah, I know our PK is good and our PP sucks, but really. And why isn't Kovalchuk suspended a game for a deliberate spear and attempt to injure. I remember Phil Goyette (in the 1960's for you youngsters) having his career ended by a similar spear.

6. Can we watch the national feed for the game. Seems they picked up the Devils telecast - the Devils announcer, Doc Emrick, thenh between periods, Keith Jones discussing the Devils offense and then Milbury discussing the Devils defense. Oh wait, they ARE the national feed.

7. And finally, we aren't winning the Cup with Brian Boyle, Prust (when he returns), Rupp, Mitchell, Fedotenko, Stu Bickel scoring. Every first period it seems the Devils just want the puck more and are more willing to sacrifice. We need for our best players to show up from the opening faceoff and get some scoring chances early, not just try to weather 40 minutes with Lundqvist standing on his head and then we score in the third. Ain't going to happen next time, either.

One problem with number 4, where is Anisimov gonna go? It's the conference finals, what are you gonna do, waive him?

Old
05-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Put the game difficulty on Rookie? I always score off of faceoffs sending the puck to the right defensemen. They never shoot wide in NHL12 and the top right corner is always open!

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Janerixon

Just got back from the Rock, what a waste of money. I knew they could lose, but the lack of effort and urgency was a new low even for the Rangers. No shots in the first ten plus minutes? All they did was dump and no one chased, so many awkward blind passes, and Del Zotto... Holy ****! I actually was hoping they would put Bickel back on the ice in MDZs spot.

Again Torts in game adjustments make about as much sense as Stan Fischler's post game comments. If Gaborik fails to clear the puck and passes behind the net one more time Torts should be fired. Does he even attempt to correct this morons defensive mistakes.

Losses happen, but this was pathetic and for as nice as the Rock is the fans there cheer for guys like Grant Marshall, Sergei Brylin, or Slava Fetisov... I wonder if they even know who they are or why they are cheering? All Devils fans know is the corny "Hey Rangers suck" song or the even more impressive "Rangers suck and Flyers swallow." I feel that I got dumber just from being there for four hours.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:46 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Here's a revolutionary idea. Stop going behind the ****ing net.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

This series is men vs boys right now. Barring something unforeseen Hank will need to steal another 2 for us to advance.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Thats the problem i made, i recently switched to allstar and i won a game and lost a game in OT and then got killed by Boston 7-5 lol i suck Lundqvist is terrible in NHL 12, the CPU keeps skating behind the net and coming around the front and putting it top shelf, it's a kids game.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:47 PM
30theking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Lol..oh I wasn't. Game was out of reach at that point. Of course they killed it off.
yea but knowing how much both teams hate each other i figured the devils would've really wanted to blow them out of the water.

30theking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Here's a revolutionary idea. Stop going behind the ****ing net.
It's easy to just say it, but we really don't have the skill to score any other way.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote