HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Game 4 vs. Devils

Old
05-21-2012, 10:49 PM
McIlrathsWrath

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
First playoff game since the 6-1 debacle in 06 that I stopped watching before the end. Terrible performance. Lundqvist was awful too. This is a 1-1 game if not for that 1st and 3rd goal. The 1st you can argue about a screen, still a weak-ass shot from the point that went through his pads. The 3rd one was even worse than the 1st. Sickening that this game could be in overtime right now and isn't. Worst performance by Lundqvist by far. Worst performance by the team by far too.
You're a disgrace. You have no business watching this team play hockey. Thank god lazy quitting fat ****s like you don't play hockey

McIlrathsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:51 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Rangers need Gaborik-Richards-Hagelin to get some goals for us...They have to make a difference right now.

Kreider was there for us early in the series and if he can sustain his play it will be great, but Gaborik has to show up

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:51 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
It's easy to just say it, but we really don't have the skill to score any other way.
If they actually would shoot on the net and crash it they could score. The last series most of their goals came from in tight, this series they have been able to score from the point with quick shots and even looks at Feds goal. Marty can be beaten, but the Rangers beat themselves by passing up shots to dump or go wide to try and make the perfect pass. Plain and simple they must shoot every chance and try to get the pick through defenders.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:52 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
It's easy to just say it, but we really don't have the skill to score any other way.
What kills me is that they barely score doing that. This team has been indoctrinated with a mentality where they practically cower at the though of skating towards the slot or the front of the net. They always opt to go behind the net and always lose possession of the puck.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

it's just bad when the rookie who never played an NHL game before come in and is looked to for offense like this.

he's a beast and will only get better next season but he's 2nd on the team in goals. We need the vets and stars to step it up and provide some offense.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by McIlrathsWrath View Post
You're a disgrace. You have no business watching this team play hockey. Thank god lazy quitting fat ****s like you don't play hockey
Lol well said bro, well said indeed.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers84 View Post
I love how this team actually shot the puck and crashed the net in the last minute of the game but couldn't play like this from the start... pathetic.
they play like 60 minutes out of 240. can one honestly say that rangers deserve a trip to the final ?

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
30theking

could you imagine if we hadn't called up kreider for the playoffs? it's amazing how a rookie who's first nhl experience is in the playoffs is pretty much our best offensive player.

30theking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:55 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

The only guy you can't blame is Lundqvist. If not for him Zach Parise would have been presented with the Prince of Wales tonight.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:55 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

I know that we hate juggling lines but the Haggy-Richie-Gabby line has combined for jack **** in this series. Maybe its time for a change.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:56 PM
park rangers
Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
they play like 60 minutes out of 240. can one honestly say that rangers deserve a trip to the final ?
Rangers don't Lundqvist does

park rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:57 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Yawk Ranguhs View Post
Rangers don't Lundqvist does
Yep. Did they deserve to win Game 3? Probably not.

Did Lundqvist deserve to lose Game 3? Certainly not.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30theking View Post
could you imagine if we hadn't called up kreider for the playoffs? it's amazing how a rookie who's first nhl experience is in the playoffs is pretty much our best offensive player.
Torts ran this team into the ground by overusing everyone except Hank. Kreider has been our best offensive player because he is the only fresh pair of legs we have. Notice how much ice time our 4th line has been getting as of late, Torts ran exclusively 3 lines in Tampa. He ran this team into the ground and our lack of depth is killing us.

Tonight was a game where Wellman should have been given a chance to inject some fresh legs into the lineup, I hope Dubi and Zucc can comeback soon because this team looks slow and like they are skating in quicksand. Obviously Wellman isn't going to win a game for us, but we need players who are hungry and are willing to compete, it is clear many of our regulars are too tired or hurt.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:02 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

I dont understand why we play offense like we do. Get prust back, sit rupp...put dubi or zuke in...or get a fresh guy like wellman or someone

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:02 PM
OverTheCap

Just got back from the game. What a pathetic display. It wasn't like some players were invisible and a handful were underperforming. The majority of the team, especially the forwards (and Del Zotto), played horribly.

Gaborik cannot handle the puck at all or receive a pass, and is not a threat offensively. Richards was making bad passes and poor entries in the zone all night. Callahan was subpar in his own zone for the first half of the game and whatever little offensive ability he's had has disappeared. If these 3 keep playing like this, it will be very hard to win the series.

And the others.... oof, where to begin. Boyle is not a smart player and can never win a faceoff, and the penalty he took was not a good one. Hagelin's only asset right now is his speed, he cannot protect the puck and is weak along the boards, and he was undisciplined. Stepan is another player who cannot win a faceoff and he can't clear the zone. Del Zotto, my God... I'm sure the atrocities he committed tonight have been discussed many times already.

And as much as I enjoyed seeing Rupp give Marty a punch and his subsequent flop after, I was not thrilled to see one of our veteran forwards lose his composure like that. Also, I wondered if it was necessary for McD to fight Henrique in the 1st. Not a good tradeoff for us, and it forced Del Zotto to take his place which resulted in the 2nd goal against.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:03 PM
Graves94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Torts ran this team into the ground by overusing everyone except Hank. Kreider has been our best offensive player because he is the only fresh pair of legs we have. Notice how much ice time our 4th line has been getting as of late, Torts ran exclusively 3 lines in Tampa. He ran this team into the ground and our lack of depth is killing us.

Tonight was a game where Wellman should have been given a chance to inject some fresh legs into the lineup, I hope Dubi and Zucc can comeback soon because this team looks slow and like they are skating in quicksand. Obviously Wellman isn't going to win a game for us, but we need players who are hungry and are willing to compete, it is clear many of our regulars are too tired or hurt.
Agreed. Dubinsky will really help once he comes in the line up. Everyone looks tired, and it's leading to way too many mental mistakes on the ice.

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:04 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

I think Marty tries to sell a call every time he's touched

Old
05-21-2012, 11:06 PM
corduroyg

Quote:

yup. team has zero jump. and its hard to blame them cuz i just think theyre all exhausted. if you watched the rangers performance tonite, and had no idea what time of the year it was, you would honestly think it was a meaningless mid-january game. ITS THE EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS!!! THEYRE 2 WINS AWAY FROM PLAYING FOR THE CUP!!! THESE COULD BE THE BIGGEST GAMES SOME OF THESE GUYS PLAY IN THEIR ENTIRE CAREERS!!! fatigue is the only thing i can come up with cuz theres no other excuse for that kind of effort.

corduroyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:08 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:

Relax bro, we are tied 2-2. We aren't dead yet we still have a chance to make things right, and it starts with putting this one behind us and winning game 5 at home. We know what we need to do to beat this team, we shut them out twice and we can do it again, just gotta play hard damn it and not let up.It seems like the team that came out with the more aggressive forecheck won the game in every game this series, we just have to come out banging full of energy, hell drink a few 5 hour energys if they need to.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SwedeAmerican

Why does everyone here say to stay away from the main boards? I've never gone there. Is it just reeeeeeaaaaaalllllly anti-rangers?

SwedeAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

I still lol when that one Kings player talked about all the adversity they faced in the post-season.

Mother ****er please. I'd kill to have the Rangers play like that!

Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyFlyGuy View Post
0-7 when leading in a series - this team is a joke , Richards is a joke, Gaborik, & Stepan all useless - Richards never plays in the slot , he's along the boards like Nedved .

Absolute garbage effort tonite.
And yet 26 other teams would love to be in this joke of a team's position. (Probably include Pheonix the as well.)

Strong first post though.

Old
05-21-2012, 11:09 PM
30theking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeAmerican View Post
Why does everyone here say to stay away from the main boards? I've never gone there. Is it just reeeeeeaaaaaalllllly anti-rangers?
pretty much all other 29 team's fans want the rangers to lose. no one likes them.

30theking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I still lol when that one Kings player talked about all the adversity they faced in the post-season.

Mother ****er please. I'd kill to have the Rangers play like that!
We could if we depth and talent

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:10 PM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjt4160 View Post
Im just going to watch the Rupp gif for the rest of the night. It makes me happy
i am going to watch 'viva zapata' with quin and brandon .

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote