HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

ECF | Game 4 | 5/21/12 | Rangers @ Devils | 8:00 PM | NBC SPORTS, CBC (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Back From Cally

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
thats your own fault
The kid was a young teenager who was getting multiple beers thrown at him by grown ass men. I stepped in to stop the MEN and me and my friends got thrown out. Not saying it was smart for a devils fan to go yor the garden but I expected more out of ranger fans. Just seemed like an unclassy move.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:21 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back From Cally View Post
The kid was a young teenager who was getting multiple beers thrown at him by grown ass men. I stepped in to stop the MEN and me and my friends got thrown out. Not saying it was smart for a devils fan to go yor the garden but I expected more out of ranger fans. Just seemed like an unclassy move.
When you say "Rangers fans" i hope you know what you should be implying.

I'm a Rangers fan. Was I throwing things at another human being? The answer is no.

I also don't rub wins in other fans faces.

So, lets not generalize. There are idiots in every fanbase.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
thats your own fault
Oh lord. This is who we are? Really?

Rupp is on the ice for Christ's sake and even that was pathetic. Get a grip.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:26 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

When they were not in the box in the second half of this game, they were fine.

Can't give another team 5+ power plays in one period.

Rupp needs to never play a game in a Rangers uniform again. He's utterly useless.

We NEED Dubinsky back in the lineup. NOW.

And they need to show up fired up and pounding in the first period and get an early lead.

They can still win this.

Wake the **** up. JUST ****ING WIN.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Back From Cally

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
When you say "Rangers fans" i hope you know what you should be implying.

I'm a Rangers fan. Was I throwing things at another human being? The answer is no.

I also don't rub wins in other fans faces.

So, lets not generalize. There are idiots in every fanbase.
Not trying to imply anything, and I wanst accusing all rangers fans of acting that way. Almost everyone I saw there was acting fine, and I'm a Rangers fan. I know it happens at every stadium around the league and in all sports. I just took offense to George Hamilton trying to blame me for sticking up for a child. That's all. I know most Rangers fans, and fans of other teams, are above that kind of stuff and I don't agree with how MSG security handled the situation.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:29 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:
When they were not in the box in the second half of this game, they were fine.

Can't give another team 5+ power plays in one period.

Rupp needs to never play a game in a Rangers uniform again. He's utterly useless.

We NEED Dubinsky back in the lineup. NOW.

And they need to show up fired up and pounding in the first period and get an early lead.

They can still win this.

Wake the **** up. JUST ****ING WIN.
Its sad cause Rupp was one of our top 3 forwards tonight, and yes that saids a lot about the rest of the team

Old
05-21-2012, 10:32 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Old
05-21-2012, 10:33 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Oh lord. This is who we are? Really?

Rupp is on the ice for Christ's sake and even that was pathetic. Get a grip.
Rupp is a joke. He should be punished by the Rangers coaching staff.

He's been outright awful before and since the Winter Classic. That's the only game he showed up for.

He's useless on the ice. The intangibles off the ice can be replaced by someone who can contribute.

What he did in the third period when we are trying to mount a comeback, is inexcusable.

When Avery pulled that stunt years ago, it was effective because of who he is. Rupp is just a useless slow skilless stone handed neanderthal.

I hope Torts scratches him for good.

Dubinsky needs to come back into the lineup now.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:37 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordsCup View Post
Its sad cause Rupp was one of our top 3 forwards tonight, and yes that saids a lot about the rest of the team
He's useless.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:38 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
While it was funny.

It was detestable. We weren't winning. What message does it send? And it hurt the team. 4 minutes short handed.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Rupp is a joke. He should be punished by the Rangers coaching staff.

He's been outright awful before and since the Winter Classic. That's the only game he showed up for.

He's useless on the ice. The intangibles off the ice can be replaced by someone who can contribute.

What he did in the third period when we are trying to mount a comeback, is inexcusable.

When Avery pulled that stunt years ago, it was effective because of who he is. Rupp is just a useless slow skilless stone handed neanderthal.

I hope Torts scratches him for good.

Dubinsky needs to come back into the lineup now.
It was more aimed at someone acting worse.

I'm not saying Rupp was right or he's great, but he has a much better excuse for acting like a spoiled brat than fans do.

It's not right either way.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:52 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Not trying to imply anything, and I wanst accusing all rangers fans of acting that way. Almost everyone I saw there was acting fine, and I'm a Rangers fan. I know it happens at every stadium around the league and in all sports. I just took offense to George Hamilton trying to blame me for sticking up for a child. That's all. I know most Rangers fans, and fans of other teams, are above that kind of stuff and I don't agree with how MSG security handled the situation.
Yeah i don't know why folks take it to the extreme.

Its one thing to be frustrated. Feel passionate. Speak. Type. And yell and cheer.

Its another to get violent with another human being.

That's a line i just can't cross. Helping someone out that can't defend themselves is a selfless thing to do. You probably did the right thing.

Not sure why they'd kick you out. But that's how it works. You're not always rewarded for doing the right thing unfortunately.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:55 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
It was more aimed at someone acting worse.

I'm not saying Rupp was right or he's great, but he has a much better excuse for acting like a spoiled brat than fans do.

It's not right either way.
I just can't excuse his actions that hurt the team. 4 minutes wasted. We score one more goal in that time and its suddenly a game.

Instead we have to kill his stupid penalties.

Old
05-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Back From Cally

Quote:
Yeah i don't know why folks take it to the extreme.

Its one thing to be frustrated. Feel passionate. Speak. Type. And yell and cheer.

Its another to get violent with another human being.

That's a line i just can't cross. Helping someone out that can't defend themselves is a selfless thing to do. You probably did the right thing.

Not sure why they'd kick you out. But that's how it works. You're not always rewarded for doing the right thing unfortunately.
Thank you for understanding what I was saying/doing. I wasn't trying to throw rangers fans under the bus but I was just frustrated by how MSG security didn't seem to think about why they kicked the people in my group out and why I (initially) received such a bad response on this forum. It just seemed to be the right thing to do to defend a kid and security immediately pulled me and my friends out for literally just stepping in front of the kid and mouthing off to the guys who were throwing beers. Regardless of what happens lets hope for a victory in game 5. LGR

Old
05-21-2012, 11:01 PM
manisback121

Quote:
I came here to just take the temperature, not to troll, but as a devils fan I have seen you guys and our rivalry become more civilized than I have ever seen it.

Props to you for sticking up for a fellow HOCKEY FAN.

Old
05-21-2012, 11:07 PM
Back From Cally

Quote:
Originally Posted by manisback121 View Post
I came here to just take the temperature, not to troll, but as a devils fan I have seen you guys and our rivalry become more civilized than I have ever seen it.

Props to you for sticking up for a fellow HOCKEY FAN.
Thanks. I hate the devils team more than anything but I have never been a fan of it spilling into the stands. Especially with such a close fan base that could go to either arena. Fans shouldn't feel threatened going to an arena, regardless if it's MSG, the rock, Wachovia center, etc

Old
05-21-2012, 11:08 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Thank you for understanding what I was saying/doing. I wasn't trying to throw rangers fans under the bus but I was just frustrated by how MSG security didn't seem to think about why they kicked the people in my group out and why I (initially) received such a bad response on this forum. It just seemed to be the right thing to do to defend a kid and security immediately pulled me and my friends out for literally just stepping in front of the kid and mouthing off to the guys who were throwing beers. Regardless of what happens lets hope for a victory in game 5. LGR
You know when i first responded i didn't take notice of your screen name. And Im using mobile hfboards on my phone so i don't see avatars either.

I re read what you said before.

You're a Rangers fan that saw a young Devils fan being tormented.

Yeah id say you did the right thing. There's no excuse for adults to harass a kid like that.

You and your friends were just sticking up for someone who was more defenseless.

Old
05-21-2012, 11:11 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
I just can't excuse his actions that hurt the team. 4 minutes wasted. We score one more goal in that time and its suddenly a game.

Instead we have to kill his stupid penalties.
I have to say, good point. All I could think while it was happening was how embarrassing it was.

It also hurt the team and the effort at a comeback.

I'm worried the frustration is due to Torts having no answer. Not even a clue, how to stop that forecheck and the initial onslaught. Even Cally looked frustrated. I get the refs are part of it, but it seems more internal than that.

Hope I'm wrong.

Old
05-21-2012, 11:12 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Did people really think we'd come back? the game was over already. This team can barely score three goals in a game, let alone a period. Rupp at least set a tone for Game 5.

Old
05-21-2012, 11:13 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Fight fire with fire.

Can't sit back and take a pounding.

Attack for **** sake.

Not stupidly, but push the pace. This team is better than what they're showing in this series.

Get shots on fatty and he will crack.

Old
05-21-2012, 11:15 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Again, cap space isn't the Devils' problem. Money is. They can't pay the rent for the Pebble. Them going this far in the playoffs is VERY helpful to them though. A first round exit would have put them very close to bankruptcy.
Going deep into the playoffs is not the financial windfall for teams that it used to be. There was a change in the revenue sharing formula and now much more money goes to the league than the teams. I don't know the details but that's been a much discussed issue here in Phoenix. It helps but it isn't what it was 10 years ago.

Old
05-21-2012, 11:17 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Going deep into the playoffs is not the financial windfall for teams that it used to be. There was a change in the revenue sharing formula and now much more money goes to the league than the teams. I don't know the details but that's been a much discussed issue here in Phoenix. It helps but it isn't what it was 10 years ago.
True. But I guess it's better than nothing for the devils. Keep in mind that seats in Pheonix are way cheaper.

Old
05-21-2012, 11:20 PM
Back From Cally

Quote:
You know when i first responded i didn't take notice of your screen name. And Im using mobile hfboards on my phone so i don't see avatars either.

I re read what you said before.

You're a Rangers fan that saw a young Devils fan being tormented.

Yeah id say you did the right thing. There's no excuse for adults to harass a kid like that.

You and your friends were just sticking up for someone who was more defenseless.
Yeah not gonna lie I was a little confused because normally I agree with your opinions (even though l havent posted in a while) and I was surprised by your reaction haha

Old
05-21-2012, 11:21 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
True. But I guess it's better than nothing for the Devils. Keep in mind that seats in Phoenix are way cheaper.
Not for the playoffs. My $49 season seat is costing me $127.50 tomorrow night.

Old
05-21-2012, 11:22 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Really just an all-around terrible game, and disappointing that it was nearly predictable since we had won game 3.

Gotta get the act together for Wednesday night.

Closed Thread