HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Kreider vs Schroeder

Old
05-20-2012, 09:49 PM
CanaFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
this is the wrong conclusion, unless you think that Derek Stepan and Ryan Callahan are NY's top line

Kreider pulled a shift or two with Richards and Gaborik when Tortorella was double shifting Chris in game 3 against los diablos.

Maybe next year Kreider laces them up with the top guys but for now Hagelin is drawing in with Brad and Marion

As far as Schroeder playing on the Sedin line I was under the impression that Vancouver needed more Jam which is why LA handled them rather easily this post season.

Kreider provides Skill and Jam

Hopefully Schroeder becomes the next Mark Pavelich

Uh no, LA handled us quite easily because we scored 2, 2, 0, 3, and 1 goal in our 5 games. Vancouver actually screwed themselves in Game 1 by focussing too much on trying to hit the Kings out of the series and ended up taking too many (stupid) penalties. Our "jam" level is one of the biggest fallacies on HF Boards. Our problem right now is a lack of skilled forwards once you get past the Sedins and Kesler. No doubt Kreider would help remedy that, but no sense pining over what we don't have. Schroeder's what we've got and next season will be a big opportunity for him with Kesler out for the first few months.

CanaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 10:36 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanaFan View Post
Uh no, LA handled us quite easily because we scored 2, 2, 0, 3, and 1 goal in our 5 games. Vancouver actually screwed themselves in Game 1 by focussing too much on trying to hit the Kings out of the series and ended up taking too many (stupid) penalties. Our "jam" level is one of the biggest fallacies on HF Boards. Our problem right now is a lack of skilled forwards once you get past the Sedins and Kesler. No doubt Kreider would help remedy that, but no sense pining over what we don't have. Schroeder's what we've got and next season will be a big opportunity for him with Kesler out for the first few months.
So BC has jam ? looks like a few rangers cast offs to me in weise, malhotra and higgins. Kassian can bring it hopefully and Lapierre is a battler but I don't see much skill in the jam category

Speaking of former Rangers, If Schoeder is half a Mark Pavelich canuck fans are going to love him

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 10:51 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Why the hell did this thread get bumped in the first place? It's not like people were calling Kreider a bust in 2010, or even that most preferred Schroeder?

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 01:17 AM
CanaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
So BC has jam ? looks like a few rangers cast offs to me in weise, malhotra and higgins. Kassian can bring it hopefully and Lapierre is a battler but I don't see much skill in the jam category

Speaking of former Rangers, If Schoeder is half a Mark Pavelich canuck fans are going to love him

Not saying we are the 2011 Bruins or '75 Flyers but we weren't out-physicalled by the Kings, we were out skilled. Considering that has been "our" game the past few years, it was disheartening to see the Kings execute much better than we did. Our team desperately needs an injection of young SKILL, not more belligerence.

CanaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 01:32 AM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Kreider is SO overrated.

LiquidSnake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Virtanev
+

I'm still sticking with my decision from 2010. Schroeder will have a better career that Hodgson, just watch the kid on the second line come October. If you just look at his AHL stats they look underwhelming but he's developed a strong two-way game and is usually a force in every game he plays. No doubt right now both Kreider and Hodgson are better right now tho.

Virtanev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 11:02 PM
Virtanev
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanaFan View Post
Not saying we are the 2011 Bruins or '75 Flyers but we weren't out-physicalled by the Kings, we were out skilled. Considering that has been "our" game the past few years, it was disheartening to see the Kings execute much better than we did. Our team desperately needs an injection of young SKILL, not more belligerence.
To be fair we got "out skilled' with are most skilled player injured, when Daniel was back the team played completely different' Not an excuse for losing, but not a big fan of the theory when it wasn't a level playing field.

Virtanev is offline   Reply With Quote