HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 4 vs. Devils

Old
05-22-2012, 02:29 AM
MDL8981

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickmo82 View Post
you have to admire the ambition in this team tbh. they clearly intend to be the first team to win the stanley cup having played every available game.
Different sport...but it reminds me alot of the 94 Knicks playoff run. They had to scratch and claw for everything. Nothing was easy. They could never get a strangle hold on a series. They had to come back down from 3-2 to win one series (CF vs Indiana) and needed a bit of luck to win another (Game 5 phantom foul call on Chicago...Knicks won in 7). The Finals was 7 games as well. I believe they played 25 of 26 available playoff games that year. It was just a war.

Unfortunately it ended in Game 7 of the Finals...so lets hope this Rangers team has a better ending.

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 04:37 AM
skymachine

Well we all knew the drill. W-L-W-L. Now they'll split games 5 and 6. We might as well start discussing Game 7.

skymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:06 AM
Ail
k.

This team has become so predictable. I'm trying to decide if they are going to pull the "'94" and choke game 5 then win the last two, or just keep winning every other game.

Have to know which ones to skip so I can get more Diablo 3 time in. There are demons that need slaying!

Edit: It was pretty obvious after that first goal the kind of game it was going to be.

****ing pathetic that this team cannot ever give a 60 minute effort. The fact that this team can get to the conference finals riding on one good period a game is a testament to how good Lundqvist is, and how bad the opposition can be. Can they really win the Cup on playing 20 minutes a game?

Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:58 AM
Crease

They got outworked by a more desperate team. This team needs to come out with an edge tomorrow night. They're just plain better when they do.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:59 AM
darko

Bring on game 5.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 06:12 AM
evilllempire*

Send a message via AIM to evilllempire*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
This team has become so predictable. I'm trying to decide if they are going to pull the "'94" and choke game 5 then win the last two, or just keep winning every other game.

Have to know which ones to skip so I can get more Diablo 3 time in. There are demons that need slaying!

Edit: It was pretty obvious after that first goal the kind of game it was going to be.

****ing pathetic that this team cannot ever give a 60 minute effort. The fact that this team can get to the conference finals riding on one good period a game is a testament to how good Lundqvist is, and how bad the opposition can be. Can they really win the Cup on playing 20 minutes a game?
I'm sure we can Rope-A-Dope the Kings as well........

evilllempire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 06:15 AM
NYRSchrute217

Atrocious performance. Wasted my time going to the viewing party.

We better play well tomorrow or we're in a lot of trouble.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 06:22 AM
evilllempire*

Send a message via AIM to evilllempire*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
Good God I skipped on going the Viewing Party. What a waste to time that would have been with the God Awful performance we saw last night...

evilllempire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 06:36 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilllempire View Post
Good God I skipped on going the Viewing Party. What a waste to time that would have been with the God Awful performance we saw last night...
Lol..yeah, I was sposed to go also but bailed at the last minute cause of NJ Transit's garbage train schedules. Thank goodness cause I would've had to have gone back to Penn Station in Newark and rode home with my overjoyed wife and father in law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post

We better play well tomorrow or we're in a lot of trouble.
Tied or not..tomorrow is a must win in my eyes, just to get some confidence back.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 07:13 AM
blueshirtbolt

someone has to make a gif of Bernier bouncing off Rupp that was the only bright spot of this game for me

blueshirtbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 07:17 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I have been fully prepared for this kind of playoff run(?) since we clinched. Maybe even before we clinched, and I predicted a 6 or 7-game series with the devils before the seeding was complete.

Not to say I'm so good with predictions, it's just this team's destiny to go through this kinds of stuff. But I also knew the devils were this good.

The Rangers have already met my highest expectations for the year, so everything from here on out is gravy. But....

We can still win this, just expect more torture. We as NY Rangers fans will not be put out of our misery easily. Torts wants it bad. And if anyone doesn't think he is the primary reason we are here (and yes I'm including Lundqvist, because Torts has been instrumental in motivating Hank) you are not paying attention to the right things.

05-22-2012, 07:25 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroyg View Post
everyone said the same thing after game 6 against the caps. "how can we win game 7 after that performance". well 2 minutes into game 7 nobody remembered game 6. theyll be ready to roll in game 5.
Big difference being that we played some good hockey against the Caps... In winning an losing efforts. Here? We haven't showed up except for a grand total of say... 35 mins through 4 damn games!

Anyone expecting to win game 5 with anywhere near this effort is going to look ridiculous. Especially if they're on the ice.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 07:32 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Big difference being that we played some good hockey against the Caps... In winning an losing efforts. Here? We haven't showed up except for a grand total of say... 35 mins through 4 damn games!

Anyone expecting to win game 5 with anywhere near this effort is going to look ridiculous. Especially if they're on the ice.
i was more generous by giving them 60 minutes of playing hockey but you may be closer to the actual time .

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 07:36 AM
Thunderhead

the devils are not a better team period . they and their coach 'hate' new york more than the rangers 'hate' hate new jersey . and they play accordingly .

Old
05-22-2012, 07:39 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
rope-a-crap is coming home to roost .

Old
05-22-2012, 07:46 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post

no final this year . devils know that coming out of the gate strong will deflate the rangers .
de boer doesn't look like a mean sob coach but he is one , big time.
did anyone notice how happy craig button was after the game ?
i'll take chico anytime over that phony.

Old
05-22-2012, 08:05 AM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Bottom line..this self imploding, ugly, no show of a loss has been LONG overdue. And I had a feeling it was gonna be tonight. I'm not happy that they lost, or that they played like such complete and utter **** and unraveled like that, but now that they have FINALLY gotten that out of their system, they had better wake the **** up. I expect a much better, much more composed game on Wednesday. This will either be what wakes them up, or leads to their downfall. Plain and simple.

Also..Rupp punching Marty in the head? Good for him. Screw that fat piece of **** Brodeur. He's had a punch in his head coming ever since Avery ran him over 5 years ago. It was probably uncalled for, but whatever. More power to him.
Everything here can be boiled down to the highlighted. That is it in its purest and simplest form.

As far as Rupp...if they don't call roughing on what was for all intents and purposes, a clean hit, he does not punch Brodeur or toss Bernier. Comical indeed.

That was a clean hit though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Haha very true. I'd compare the Rangers style to attempting to juggle on top of the Eiffel Tower while receiving root canal.
On a unicycle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I'm a rookie at this photoshopping game, but there she is

I think we all needed that. Nice work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Lol..yeah, I was sposed to go also but bailed at the last minute cause of NJ Transit's garbage train schedules. Thank goodness cause I would've had to have gone back to Penn Station in Newark and rode home with my overjoyed wife and father in law.

Tied or not..tomorrow is a must win in my eyes, just to get some confidence back.
You married into a Devil family? How do you do it?

And yes. Tomorrow is a must win.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 08:26 AM
jskramer83

Quote:

Rupp - A - Dope

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 08:36 AM
ReverbAndDelay
Old Time Hockey

Staying within ourselves.

What a season thus far.

Last night, as I stood there cursing at my television, I was reminded of something; What a season thus far!

I remember at the beginning of this season having expectations for this team. I saw a young group of promising players, whom if given the chance to grow as players, could eventually become a powerhouse in the NHL. I wanted them to do well, naturally. I wanted them to make the play offs, I mean REALLY make the play offs, not just eek in at the last minute. I wanted to see them form an identity. I wanted to see players playing for each other and the name on the front of that sweater and not the name on the back. I wanted to see a team that would do what it takes to win.

So here we are now, tied 2-2 with the Devils in the east coast finals. There I was, literally standing, cursing at my television, when it dawned on me. Isn't this enough?

We all want our teams to be Stanley Cup champions. However, even if we get knocked out by the devils, I've come to believe that in some ways, it might be an even more valuable lesson for this team than getting to the finals, or even winning the cup.

I see it on here constantly. No one here, including myself, wants another "one and done" team. We want a team that can contend year in and year out for the foreseeable future. Sure I'd like to see some pieces shifted about on this team. I see players who don't fit what is trying to be done here, and I can see players in the NHL who would fit right in and make us better. However, the fact that this team, who by all rights should not have done as well as they did the season, did in fact play so well...well I just can't help but feel content with whatever comes out of all of this.

So from here on out, I'm not going to stand there cursing at my television any more. Instead, I'm going to cheer them on, and when mistakes are made, I'm going to chalk it up to another lesson. One more lesson that in the long run will make each player on this team better because it will expand their knowledge of what it takes to be an elite team. If we win this series and go on to play for the Stanley Cup, great. Wonderful. Tremendous! If not, I can certainly leave this season behind knowing the start of something really special has truly begun.

ReverbAndDelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 08:37 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Wonder where this other rumor started than. This is just what I've read from other fans on Twitter. Thanks for the link.
It was because of the way Al talked about it on Rangers post game. He said it as first saying that his grandmother died, but then as he was talking about it he started talking about both of his grandparents coming from Italy, so it sounded like both died.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 08:39 AM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

We still have 2 games to play .... WIN BOTH!

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 08:43 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Marry into a Devils family? She looks like Kate Upton or is heiress to the Johnson and Johnson fortune.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 08:48 AM
beastly115

People say they're tired from playing two 7 game series already. That's not true.

We've only really played about 20 mins of each of those games which is the equivalent of nearly 5 games. We're the most rested team still in the playoffs!

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 08:51 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Honestly, Ottawa killed this team more than anything else. I still have flashbacks of Karlsson in the Rangers zone blasting away... Gets get tiring.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 09:00 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Went to bed angry.

Angry dreams.

Woke up angry.

Now i'm sitting here angry.

Either Devils win game 5 and the Rangers win 6 and 7.

Or, Rangers win game 5, Devils win 6 Rangers win 7.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote