HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoff Viewing Parties (Game 4 Viewing Party @ MSG)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-22-2012, 12:24 AM
  #351
DZ4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
I just got back and I have to say i was totally dissappointed in the event and would not go again. The first issue is that you cannot see the game that clearly on garden vision. You can see the players but you don't know who has the puck because it's very hard to see the player numbers. The 2 side screens are being blocked by the nettings which makes the view even worse. The seating situation was bad as well, the center section was reserved for a chase bank group then for some odd reason you could not sit in the old seats only in the newly installed seats. This made no sense because there were seats right behind the new seats that had good views but people kept being forced out of them by ushers to new seats with bad views. It made no sense at all. During intermission they did a bland interview with graves and beukaboom which was barely audible by the crowd and after they just went back into the tunnel, no autographs or pictures with fans. I know it's free and i shouldn't be complaining but I would recommend watching it at home if you can. I dont feel like i saw the game tonight, I don't know who played well, who made mistakes etc etc.

DZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 12:37 AM
  #352
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I like how they replicated the in game experience as well with the shooting contests, montages, etc.

I enjoyed the viewing party but it would have been a lot better if the team showed up though that's not on the people who put this together at the Garden. There were some annoying drunks as pointed out as well but nothing you could do about that.
Yeah man. The drunks were REALLY bad. This dude snuck in a bottle of Jack and was ****ing unbearable until the end of the 2nd, and then he left.

That being said, I'm sure it would've been incredibly fun if the Rangers gave us something to cheer for.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 12:42 AM
  #353
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Yeah man. The drunks were REALLY bad. This dude snuck in a bottle of Jack and was ****ing unbearable until the end of the 2nd, and then he left.

That being said, I'm sure it would've been incredibly fun if the Rangers gave us something to cheer for.
I'm just one of those people that gets really pissed off and/or depressed when we're down and out of it in big games. I don't wanna be ****ing put on Gardenvision and I certainly do not give a **** about a t-shirt. Angers me when I see people going nuts about this stuff when we're down 3-0 in the third period of a playoff game and most of the time it's those that are drunk who really don't care.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 12:45 AM
  #354
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I'm just one of those people that gets really pissed off and/or depressed when we're down and out of it in big games. I don't wanna be ****ing put on Gardenvision and I certainly do not give a **** about a t-shirt. Angers me when I see people going nuts about this stuff when we're down 3-0 in the third period of a playoff game and most of the time it's those that are drunk who really don't care.
Yep. Definitely agree. This guy started a Marty chant directed at a Devils fan in my row during the first period, but we were down 2-0. He started to get in his face with it and I told him to shut the **** up and watch the game.

I think it would've been great if it was a good game, but the game itself sucked the atmosphere out of what could've been a real fun time. The only good thing for me was the Little Rangers.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 12:45 AM
  #355
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
I can recall going to a viewing party at the Felt Forum in 1979 when the Rangers played the Islanders for the ECF and it was great. I was a teenager and most of the patrons were much older and they served mixed drinks as well as beer. What I remember best was that I was with with 3 other friends and we were invited to the Blarney Stone across from the main Post Office and were treated to drinks. The age to drink was 18 at that time.

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 12:50 AM
  #356
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
**** that, I hit up the bar after the 2nd period and even hit up the Wee afterward. If the team isn't doing so hot, at least I'll try and make a good night out of it. Anyone who thinks I don't care can go **** themselves, try traveling to go see the team play, try to make every viewing party and try spending $3k on playoff tickets alone without season tickets.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 12:55 AM
  #357
corduroyg
Registered User
 
corduroyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: nyc
Posts: 272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I'm just one of those people that gets really pissed off and/or depressed when we're down and out of it in big games. I don't wanna be ****ing put on Gardenvision and I certainly do not give a **** about a t-shirt. Angers me when I see people going nuts about this stuff when we're down 3-0 in the third period of a playoff game and most of the time it's those that are drunk who really don't care.

me too. thats the main reason i didnt go. didnt have a good feeling about tonite's game, and i knew i would not wanna be at the viewing party during an L

corduroyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 12:57 AM
  #358
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLinePass View Post
**** that, I hit up the bar after the 2nd period and even hit up the Wee afterward. If the team isn't doing so hot, at least I'll try and make a good night out of it. Anyone who thinks I don't care can go **** themselves, try traveling to go see the team play, try to make every viewing party and try spending $3k on playoff tickets alone without season tickets.
Not a shot at you or people like you at all. You can tell who doesn't care at these things. They're the ones who are insanely drunk, are laughing it up the entire time while barely paying attention to the game (these girls behind me to my left who were more concerned with getting up every two seconds than watching the game), and are more concerned with getting a t-shirt than the outcome.

Don't mind me though, I'm just a little bitter after the loss and I'm raging a bit

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 02:07 AM
  #359
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!
 
McNashty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,510
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Not a shot at you or people like you at all. You can tell who doesn't care at these things. They're the ones who are insanely drunk, are laughing it up the entire time while barely paying attention to the game (these girls behind me to my left who were more concerned with getting up every two seconds than watching the game), and are more concerned with getting a t-shirt than the outcome.

Don't mind me though, I'm just a little bitter after the loss and I'm raging a bit
What section?

McNashty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 02:12 AM
  #360
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 46,733
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
I can recall going to a viewing party at the Felt Forum in 1979 when the Rangers played the Islanders for the ECF and it was great. I was a teenager and most of the patrons were much older and they served mixed drinks as well as beer. What I remember best was that I was with with 3 other friends and we were invited to the Blarney Stone across from the main Post Office and were treated to drinks. The age to drink was 18 at that time.
They have amazing sandwiches.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 07:31 AM
  #361
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by averys sec 405 View Post
what section?
108.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 08:22 AM
  #362
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,824
vCash: 500
I thought the viewing party sucked and I won't bother going again. I only went because I had to be in the city til 7:15, so figured why not check it out rather than drive home and miss the first period. The t-shirt toss is bad enough at a real game and was worse last night. Person in front of me caught one and it was one of those cheesie Chase Bank shirts. I was, however, quite entertained by the people in front of me complaining about tickets prices for the play-offs. When someone won tickets to game 5 during the 2nd intermission one of the babies said, "Yeah, he'll probably just put them on stubhub for 5-times face value." Was actually thinking he might have been one of the newbies on here who have been complaining.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 09:29 AM
  #363
seanaveryfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 87
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I'm just one of those people that gets really pissed off and/or depressed when we're down and out of it in big games. I don't wanna be ****ing put on Gardenvision and I certainly do not give a **** about a t-shirt. Angers me when I see people going nuts about this stuff when we're down 3-0 in the third period of a playoff game and most of the time it's those that are drunk who really don't care.

I totally agree with you..how do fans celebrate on the Gardenvision when we were playing like ***** and down 3-0..I was upset the whole time and wouldnt want to be on camera. The t-shirts were crap..why not make a raffle and give away a jersey??? or a t-shirt with a players name on the back. I don't want that crappie Chase t-shirt..I have like 10 at home. The whole experience was horrible..i expected better to tell you the truth. I know its free but it was must better watching it on the flat screen tvs around the garden by the food area. I wanted to really meet John "Beezer" and I couldn't find him. They should have had a table set up where fans can go meet with the Alumni. That would have been a nice experience for some of us. And who was allowed to skate on the Garden ice??? I didn't hear anything about that one. My friend is a season ticket holder and not even he got a memo. Zigfield was overall a better experience because it was inside a movie theater. Then again the two viewing parties (Zigfield and MSG) were both horrible (Washington and Devils)..we lost..looked outplayed..and only scored one goal late in the third in both of them. I am tired of going home depressed and sad. I rather see it at home from now on.

seanaveryfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 09:34 AM
  #364
Abooch68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 500
Who gives a crap... Let people enjoy themselves if they want. As long as they aren't bothering me or hurting or abusing others I'm fine with it...

Abooch68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 09:39 AM
  #365
Onion Boy
Registered User
 
Onion Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: Japan
Posts: 2,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
108.
I was sitting in the same row as those girls. Got up at least 3 times each period. WTF.

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 09:52 AM
  #366
RangerFan09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Yeah man. The drunks were REALLY bad. This dude snuck in a bottle of Jack and was ****ing unbearable until the end of the 2nd, and then he left.

That being said, I'm sure it would've been incredibly fun if the Rangers gave us something to cheer for.
He actually stole the bottle of Jack from the concession stand...

RangerFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 11:52 AM
  #367
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Boy View Post
I was sitting in the same row as those girls. Got up at least 3 times each period. WTF.
Yep I was in that same row

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 11:56 AM
  #368
blue425
Registered User
 
blue425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
and are more concerned with getting a t-shirt than the outcome.

Don't mind me though, I'm just a little bitter after the loss and I'm raging a bit
I have always wanted to catch one of those.


















So can I could mock wipe my ass with it and throw it back.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 01:22 PM
  #369
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,193
vCash: 500
Random thought but holy **** there is no leg room in the lower bowl. There's more leg room up in the 400's. Last night was one of the few times I sat down there and I could barely move my legs.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 02:39 PM
  #370
RangerFan09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Random thought but holy **** there is no leg room in the lower bowl. There's more leg room up in the 400's. Last night was one of the few times I sat down there and I could barely move my legs.
Thought the SAME thing, was actually shocked at the little amount of leg room down there.

RangerFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 02:42 PM
  #371
gmerger37
Registered User
 
gmerger37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan09 View Post
Thought the SAME thing, was actually shocked at the little amount of leg room down there.
Not only is there no leg room, but the cup holders are complete ****.

They are tilted at this weird angle and in the most uncomfortable spot in between the 2 seats, everytime I reached down to grab my beer I was bumping into the person's leg that was next to me.

gmerger37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 02:44 PM
  #372
RangerFan09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmerger37 View Post
Not only is there no leg room, but the cup holders are complete ****.

They are tilted at this weird angle and in the most uncomfortable spot in between the 2 seats, everytime I reached down to grab my beer I was bumping into the person's leg that was next to me.
Yeah, I actually spilled beer on the guy next to me during Game 1 of series when I sat down there. I don't think i'll ever sit down there again to be honest. I started to just put my drink on the floor after awhile.

RangerFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 04:24 PM
  #373
rosesareredroses
Registered User
 
rosesareredroses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 352
vCash: 500
i spent waaaaaay too much money in the rangers shop - just like they hoped i would

rosesareredroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:17 PM
  #374
pucksoup
Registered User
 
pucksoup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 143
vCash: 500
I thought the viewing party would be fun, but definitely was not the best-organized event.

It was difficult to watch on Gardenvision...hard to track the puck at certain points since the screen is a little grainy. Hearing Doc call (read: screeching) the game over the Garden loudspeakers also made me feel icky.

I skipped lunch/dinner and needed to get something to eat. They only seemed to have one section of concessions open which was on the opposite side of the arena. No temporary signs posted --- so I walked around a little aimlessly. Then it took me almost a half hour because of the lines/sluggish employees/walking to the other side of the Garden.

What was with the 10 or so pipsqueak Devils fans in attendance? And what was the commotion in section 111 with the ten security guards in suits?

pucksoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:20 PM
  #375
Cmox
Registered User
 
Cmox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Queens,NY
Posts: 4,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pucksoup View Post
I thought the viewing party would be fun, but definitely was not the best-organized event.

It was difficult to watch on Gardenvision...hard to track the puck at certain points since the screen is a little grainy. Hearing Doc call (read: screeching) the game over the Garden loudspeakers also made me feel icky.

I skipped lunch/dinner and needed to get something to eat. They only seemed to have one section of concessions open which was on the opposite side of the arena. No temporary signs posted --- so I walked around a little aimlessly. Then it took me almost a half hour because of the lines/sluggish employees/walking to the other side of the Garden.

What was with the 10 or so pipsqueak Devils fans in attendance? And what was the commotion in section 111 with the ten security guards in suits?
I'm not sure if it was the same thing but earlier in the thread someone posted something about being thrown out of MSG after stepping in when some young Devils' fans where being assaulted by older Rangers' fans...

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.