HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Morgan Ellis has exceeded the Canadiens' expectations

Old
05-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
To be honest, if you're just talking about potential, Olivier Archambeault is right there, probably above everyone on this list not named Steve Quailer, even though I must admit I really dislike how he (Archambeault) plays.

I'd be extremely surprised to see Archambault end up being a regular, but he's the typical possible 4th rounder homerun.

And, honestly, the draft if about the best player available, since the drafted players won't play before a few years (... most of them).

That question is pretty much irrelevant for the 1st round -- the BPA will likely be a forward if we draft 3rd (if we'd be drafting 5th, then the BPA would probably be a D, but it's kinda moot). This said, if Dalton Thrower is still on the board for our 2nd pick, then he'll probably be the BPA.
I remember when McKegg came and posted Timmins's rankings for prospects in our system and being surprised at how highly rated he ranks Archambault in terms of ceiling.

Ayatollah Chowmeini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 06:03 PM
rickthegoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
lol.who writes this stuff ?
I did

rickthegoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 06:37 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Wel, Archambault was picked in the 4th round and is quite the skilled player.

I don't like his game at all, but not recognizing his skills probably hides ulterior motives.
I think that at one point, you have to go past the skills and see if it can translate into being a good hockey player. I was a big Archambault's fan in his draft year until the end of it when I didn't think I saw progression in how he played the game. He has a great skillset but like the famous "no toolbox" is concerned, he fits the bill. Now, this is not a 1st rounder we're talking about, so it's fine to try and go for the homerun at that point. So it's a fine pick. And needless to say that the picks I would have chosen instead might not e looking at this point (Kessy, Mersch). Then I was a big fan of Tobias Rieder who I think will develop quite nicely. Yet, nobody should think that Archambault will bust or not. He has some skills. Needs to get his head together though.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 06:43 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I'd say that if Timmins is set on a dark horsehe thinks would probably be drafted lower than #3, then he should suggest that Bergevin trade down and acquire an additional pick from the trading partner.
I think it's a pretty safe bet that if the Habs intend to draft off of the board they will trade down a few slots.

Although trading down, historically, doesn't turn out well for the team trading down I don't think.

Would love to see them move down to 6th and get Anaheim's 2nd rounder for their troubles. The more the merrier.

It's a bit of a tough decision, to say the least. Talk about a franchise defining situation and pressure being on Bergevin. 3rd overall picks might not turn out sometimes, but they also produce guys like Toews, Bogosian, Duchene, Gudbranson and Huberdeau...just since 2006.

Ahhh...only 1 month and 3 days! Getting a bit close I guess

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

This was another awesome pick by Timmins. Kid is looking really good and definitely has a future in the NHL

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:32 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
Sounds like he is another Dan Giradi. Block shots, good positioning, hard nosed
Yeah, Girardi isn't a bad comparative either.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 09:27 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Yeah, Girardi isn't a bad comparative either.
Thie year Girardi has proved offense, too.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote