HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Stream games after they happen?

Old
05-22-2012, 08:17 AM
doak

vCash: 500
Stream games after they happen?

Hey guys I'm going to be traveling Wednesday, so I was wondering if anyone knows any where I can stream the game (without seeing the final score) later in the evening when I arrive. I'm heading to a hotel so I can't dvr it..thanks!

doak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 08:21 AM
jskramer83

vCash: 800
are you traveling in country our out of country

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 09:07 AM
doak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
are you traveling in country our out of country
In the country

Old
05-22-2012, 09:29 AM
jskramer83

not sure then sorry.

Old
05-22-2012, 10:01 AM
NYR2430

Quote:
not sure then sorry.
How about out of country?

NYR2430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 10:28 AM
Theon
Registered Hobbit

CBC has the games on their site after they are done. You can see the final scores on the title though.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/video/#tab=3

Theon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 10:37 AM
jskramer83

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2430 View Post
How about out of country?

Nhl GameCenter live offers this, not sure how cheap or if you can buy it now though

Old
05-22-2012, 10:45 AM
doak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDZ View Post
CBC has the games on their site after they are done. You can see the final scores on the title though.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/video/#tab=3
That's too bad - do you know if any of the sites from the GDT offer streams on demand?

Old
05-23-2012, 03:31 PM
doak

Quote:
Originally Posted by doak View Post
That's too bad - do you know if any of the sites from the GDT offer streams on demand?
Just bumping this thread to see if anyone has any ideas in the US...

Old
05-23-2012, 03:37 PM
egelband

i'm overseas and very thankful for that cbc link. many thanks!

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Shakezilla

im travelling to Spain this weekend and the hotel i am staying at has really crappy WiFi..seriously disappointed..in this day and age...and it's suppose to be a luxury hotel. ugh.

Shakezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 05:15 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Nhl GameCenter live offers this, not sure how cheap or if you can buy it now though
Have you done this? I had gamecenter this year but they aren't showing the playoffs. Can't see last night's, or Monday's game. When I click on Saturday or any game before that it looks like it is going to show up but just shows a black screen.

It also looks like the CBC feed might not be immediate? I am getting audio saying last night's game isn't available.

On another note, I think it really sucks that the NHL won't at least show the games for gamecenter customers, I'd even pay again. Not everyone has NBCSN. What hard could it do to stream NBC's broadcast? I am working tonight and am going to miss the game, don't have NBCSN, but do have 2 espn channels. Also will miss a potential game 7 since I will be out of town again with no access to the ever popular NBCSN (nice job scheduling a game memorial day weekend btw).

/rant.

Last edited by truebluegoalie: 05-23-2012 at 05:21 PM.
truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 05:24 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

It's not like the NHL wants to take it away from you, it is part of NBC's TV contract that the games are not allowed to be streamed live or within a certain amount of time to people within the viewing area (North America). If you use a proxy outside of North America, you can access either feed within about 30 minutes after the game ends.

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 05:42 PM
McZotto

You can use hockeystreams.com but you have to pay like 8 bucks for a day of access

McZotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 05:45 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
It's not like the NHL wants to take it away from you, it is part of NBC's TV contract that the games are not allowed to be streamed live or within a certain amount of time to people within the viewing area (North America). If you use a proxy outside of North America, you can access either feed within about 30 minutes after the game ends.
I understand it is part of the contract, it is just frustrating because NBCSN isn't as popular as ESPN so it isn't everywhere yet. They could allow streaming of the NBC broadcast, including commercials so they don't lose ad money. Honestly I don't know enough about tv to know if that is even reasonable, I am sure there is a reason it can't be done, but it is just frustrating to not be able to see the games.

I also think it is crap that NBC continues to put games on their obscure network. I understand they are using the game to promote their channel but they need to take the approach Fox, CBS, and ABC do with their sports. Preempt your damn shows to show hockey. I mean even during the first round the games were on CNBC, WTH is that? Showing hockey on NBC during primetime would grow the game more than having it buried on their sports channel that only actual fans look for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McZotto View Post
You can use hockeystreams.com but you have to pay like 8 bucks for a day of access
My streams are very limited because I am at work, lots of stuff gets blocked. And this weekend I will have very limited internet. My wife has a 4g verizon phone, might look into downloading that NHL app to watch if there is a game 7, but I am not even sure we have 4g coverage where we are going, cell phone is very spotty there.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 06:45 PM
TrueBlue42

Send a message via ICQ to TrueBlue42 Send a message via AIM to TrueBlue42 Send a message via MSN to TrueBlue42 Send a message via Skype™ to TrueBlue42
I can try to hook ya up if you PM me, I can set up a screencap of me watching the stream then restream it later on with one of my throwaway streaming accounts. Quality will be slightly impacted (When you're screencapping and compressing a stream and then rebroadcasting/recompressing it it tends to get a bit hairy.)

I generally keep a .mp4 of games for a day or two anyway.

TrueBlue42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 03:18 PM
doak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue42 View Post
I can try to hook ya up if you PM me, I can set up a screencap of me watching the stream then restream it later on with one of my throwaway streaming accounts. Quality will be slightly impacted (When you're screencapping and compressing a stream and then rebroadcasting/recompressing it it tends to get a bit hairy.)

I generally keep a .mp4 of games for a day or two anyway.
Thanks, PM sent if you do tonight's game.