HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lack of respect for Blues prospects

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2003, 10:45 AM
slimer

vCash: 500
Lack of respect for Blues prospects

I wonder why Blues prospects get so little respect. I remember a few years ago when Nagy, Handzus, and Hecht were still in the AHL and their names would come up as potential trade bait. Noone seemed to respect them then, but now that they are thriving the teams that traded for them, people would be quick to say they are key parts of the teams they play on.

Now today, everyone (except for Blues fans) seems to think that the Blue's current prospects are just trash that will never make it to the NHL. Hopefully the Blues can develop some of these so call "never will be"s into players of Nagy, Handzus, or Hechts caliber.

Old
11-24-2003, 11:21 AM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Youve got 3 good ones in Zakharov, Barulin and Shkotov.

Old
11-24-2003, 01:27 PM
execwrite

I'm not sure the past Blues prospects deserved a whole lot of respect. There's a lot more misses than there are hits. Nagy, Handzus, Reasoner and Hecht are now proven NHLers along with Jackman.

There aren't too many others as we discussed in another thread. The new group of prospects still have to prove themselves. If they succeed, then the Blues will receive respect for their drafting by the new regime. But not until then ....

Old
11-25-2003, 06:27 AM
slimer

I wouldn't call Mayers, Salvador, Cajanek or Bogi misses. Also Rycroft and Backman have made decent stides towards becoming NHLers.

Closed Thread