HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > IIHF World Championship
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
IIHF World Championship Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Bronze Medal Game • Finland 2, Czech Republic 3

View Poll Results: Who claims bronze?
FIN 21 70.00%
CZE 9 30.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Mestaruus

vCash: 500
In Canal+ 'Leijonauutiset' program apparently David Krejci is David Gretzky , at least that's how it sounded when the news announcer said it.

Old
05-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestaruus View Post
In Canal+ 'Leijonauutiset' program apparently David Krejci is David Gretzky , at least that's how it sounded when the news announcer said it.
Wow.

I am Boston Strong

Old
05-20-2012, 03:41 PM
primus
Rookie User

Congrats to CZ.

I must say I didnt expext us to be in top4 before the tournament and I'm happy that we didnt win the bronze with such an effort. Defending sucked big time, goaltending was shaky and forwards couldnt score. That's not the way to win hockey games. Ok, there was bright moments... but the amount of mistakes we did... with those we shouldnt get any medals.

Old
05-22-2012, 04:25 AM
zorz

ROFL, check the skaters on the Czech roster

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...Czech_Republic
Quote:
00 R Bulanov, Vyacheslav IIHF Referee
00 R Kurmann, Danny IIHF Referee
somebody can't bear the loss...

Old
05-22-2012, 07:56 AM
LOFIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post

made my day!

Old
05-22-2012, 10:18 AM
Zolik37
No.1 Guenin Fan

vCash: 67
Quote:

C'mon it's just a joke, everyone knows R Bulanov wears #8 in NT not #00.

Old
05-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
Hello all you Czech fans

How was Frolik's play thru tourney? Did his defensive improvements over past year show well?

I may be one of the few Hawk fans that haven't given up on the kid and think he still has good potential

Old
05-22-2012, 12:22 PM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Hello all you Czech fans

How was Frolik's play thru tourney? Did his defensive improvements over past year show well?

I may be one of the few Hawk fans that haven't given up on the kid and think he still has good potential
I'm his big fan, he's all over the ice and everything, he also seems like a nice modest hardworking kid in the interviews etc., but his scoring is problem. He's earning so many chances all the time, but he couldn't bury it. I felt really sorry for him at times during this tournament. He defensive play was likeable though, liek I said, he's all over the ice.

Old
05-22-2012, 01:02 PM
DrunkElkCZ

Quote:
I'm his big fan, he's all over the ice and everything, he also seems like a nice modest hardworking kid in the interviews etc., but his scoring is problem. He's earning so many chances all the time, but he couldn't bury it. I felt really sorry for him at times during this tournament. He defensive play was likeable though, liek I said, he's all over the ice.
+1 I can sing below zorz's reply.
He really needs to improve his finishing. He has good positioning, movement, everything but when he is about to shoot, he hits a goalkeeper into middle of his chest.

Old
05-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Skm

I'll also drop you Czech fans a line (congrats on Bronze!), how did Hemsky look in the tournament? Hoping he can be healthy for an entire season next year and live up to his new contract.

Old
05-22-2012, 02:30 PM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmingswerth View Post
I'll also drop you Czech fans a line (congrats on Bronze!), how did Hemsky look in the tournament? Hoping he can be healthy for an entire season next year and live up to his new contract.
well, he was our best scorer and very entertaining to watch, but caused some turnovers and overall lost a couple of more pucks against good teams then I would like. But he was valuable for sure. He said his health is good right now and he believes to have no more of the same problems in the future.

Old
05-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Skm

Quote:
well, he was our best scorer and very entertaining to watch, but caused some turnovers and overall lost a couple of more pucks against good teams then I would like. But he was valuable for sure. He said his health is good right now and he believes to have no more of the same problems in the future.
Awesome, thanks for the info zorz!

Old
05-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkElkCZ View Post
+1 I can sing below zorz's reply.
He really needs to improve his finishing. He has good positioning, movement, everything but when he is about to shoot, he hits a goalkeeper into middle of his chest.
Yeah that was his problem all year

Couldn't bury chances and has to have the weakest shot in NHL

Old
05-22-2012, 03:25 PM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

I'd just add something about Hemsky... I always loved the way he played but this year I had a tendency to compare him with how he played on WHC 2009 with Jagr. And I a bit disliked how often he kept the puck trying to deke one more guy back then. That's why I was a bit surprised since he semt to keep the puck even more this year.

On the other hand at least he tried to shoot a bit more and wasn't turning the puck over as much as he used to, but he really semt to me even more wanting to "deke and deke and deke." (cost me a bit of nerves when shouting on the TV)

As for Frolik, I believe zorz summed it up pretty well - he was hyperactive, in a few games by far the most active from our guys. Yet he was unable to bury it. If that's how bad luck he's had now for about 2 years, then I feel really sorry for him, b/c he really looked like trying hard and was just plain awesome.

Closed Thread