HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2014 - Sweden Roster Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Dosing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlamov71 View Post
Their failure in the olympics is very overblown, we had one bad game in the tournament and unfortunately it was the most important one. They could probably have done better but so could most of the players on that team. Daniel had 3 points in 4 games and Henrik 2, perhaps not great stats but their play in the last olympics is not a reason for not inviting them to the next one. Their replacements would be a massive downgrade.
They were the go to guys in the most important game and it was their one bad game? Kinda the sedins lifestory wouldn't you agree? That alone is definitely a reason to not bring them, you can be as much of an allstar as you want but if you dont use that skill when it matters then what good are you? Players who gets better when it matters are better then "regular-season-stars" even if they are less skilled.... downgrade?

Old
04-18-2012, 11:43 PM
thephillyflu

The Sedin's played with Weinhandl every minute of every game. That's the absolute worst fit I could think of them playing with.

A) The worst forward on the team.
B) A soft dangler-passer-scorer. Meaning exactly the same type of player like the Sedins but 10000 times worse.

If they'd played with... Eriksson, Hörnqvist, Franzén, whoever, I think Sweden's tourney would have gone way different. Bengt-Åke was a useless coach that waaay overstayed his welcome.

And them being bad in the playoffs is so untrue it borders on a myth. They weren't that good the last few games against Boston and that's all most people ever saw of them in the playoffs. They have been the best players on every Vancouver team in the playoffs since 2008. Them not coming through has not been the reason that Vancouver hasn't won, they just haven't had good enough secondary scoring and goaltending.

Edit: They have been absolutely dominating LA tonight. Absolutely dominating. And that's with Daniel coming back from a loooong injury break.

Old
04-21-2012, 11:29 PM
LeX4cavalier

Sedin-Sedin-Landeskog
Zetterberg-Backstrom-Eriksson
Steen-Berglund-Franzen
Hornqvist-Johansson-Hagelin

Karlsson-Edler
OEL-Hedman
Enstrom-Larsson
Kronwall

Lundqvist
Lindback
Enroth

Sweden probably has the best D core, and the best goalie in net. Good luck trying to score.

Old
04-22-2012, 02:07 AM
joe89

Here you have it, the official Swedish stat sheet for 2010. http://stats.iihf.com/og2010/IHM400011_83_4_0.pdf
And here's the Slovakia game. http://stats.iihf.com/og2010/IHM400304_74_3_0.pdf

First line with Eriksson, Backstrom, Alfredsson was getting more ice time and that was the only line really working. Forsberg, Zetterberg and Franzen had a combined 4 points.. Sedins and Weinhandl had 7 points and a healthy +/- getting less ice time.

Whatever. Sedins are always the scapegoats.

Old
05-22-2012, 02:07 PM
NuxFan09

I have a question for all you Swedes out there. Do you guys hate or disrespect the Sedins as much as people from other countries do? All I see around these parts is people trashing on them non-stop. What's their status in their native country?

Old
05-22-2012, 02:48 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezzator View Post
I have a question for all you Swedes out there. Do you guys hate or disrespect the Sedins as much as people from other countries do? All I see around these parts is people trashing on them non-stop. What's their status in their native country?
They are not very popular in this country, mainly because they never play for the national team, sometimes vancouver goes far in the playoffs but many years it's a "no thanks" due to "family reasons" or one of them wants to go but the other doesn't and they're ****ed up and have to do things together all the time so the other one declines.

And then stuff like marchand punches sedin 4-5 times and he doesn't do anything, that angers people, they are like little girls in many swedes' eyes.

Old
05-22-2012, 03:35 PM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeX4cavalier View Post
Sedin-Sedin-Landeskog
Steen-Berglund-Franzen
Hornqvist-Johansson-Hagelin

Karlsson-Edler
OEL-Hedman
Enstrom-Larsson
Kronwall

Lundqvist
Lindback
Enroth

Sweden probably has the best D core, and the best goalie in net. Good luck trying to score.
This is a good line-up. I'd do some minor changes though:
Sedin-Sedin-Hagelin
Johansson-Berglund-Landeskog
Steen-Pahlsson-Franzen

Karlsson-OEL
Edler-Hedman
Enstrom-Larsson
Kronwall

The wingers can be changed depending on chemistry but this is what I'd start with. 1st line I think is perfect. 2nd, we'll see but the speed and forechecking abilities of Hagelin are second to none (just look at him with Gaborik and Richards) and I think that may be perfect for the Sedins as his job is to give them space and time. 3rd line can provide secondary scoring and all of them are good defensively. 4th line is what it is becasue I think these players would have no problem taking on a 4th line role (and they are very good at it); they are veterans and knows exactly what it takes to play 4th line.

Last edited by LaGu: 05-22-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old
05-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Harikkerk

Well, guess Hedman may be a better player with the small rink...

Old
05-22-2012, 04:12 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Silfverberg and Zibanejad will be on the team, especially with the big ice.

Old
05-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Lugaid
Hajlajtreelmål!

Send a message via Skype™ to Lugaid
Franzén-Zetterberg-Eriksson
Landeskog-Bäckström-Berglund
Sedin-Sedin-Hörnqvist
Steen-Johansson-Hagelin

Karlsson-OEL
Edler-Larsson
Kronwall-Hedman
Enström

Lundqvist
Markström
Lindbäck

I'm still not entirely happy with this team, it feels like we have a lot of players with the same kind of playstyle, but not many roleplayers/complement players. The D looks alright, and hopefully especially in 2 years, but a lot of our young defensemen are defensive liabilities at the moment. I pushed up Kronwall from a 7th D-spot because I think he'll still be very useful by 2014 (even though he had a bad WC) and his experience and leadership will be worth it. I'm also in for trading out Enström for a big pylon defenseman like Ericsson, someone big who can clean up in front of our net.

I definitely liked what I saw from Franzén-Zetterberg-Eriksson, so if possible I'd like to keep that line. Berglund can also be moved to a centre position when needed. Preferably the Sedins won't play on the first line as they seem to shrink with increased responsibility.

Old
05-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Harikkerk

Yeah, why hasn't anyone mentioned Ericsson? he's pretty decent isn't he? I haven't really studied the guy so i'm not sure, but definitively thought he was a decent player.

Or is his job to punch the crap out of people?

Old
05-23-2012, 04:10 AM
Lugaid
Hajlajtreelmål!

Send a message via Skype™ to Lugaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harikkerk View Post
Yeah, why hasn't anyone mentioned Ericsson? he's pretty decent isn't he? I haven't really studied the guy so i'm not sure, but definitively thought he was a decent player.

Or is his job to punch the crap out of people?
The good thing about Ericsson is that he's big, good at cleaning around the net, and a good penaltykiller. The downside is that he's a turnover machine light, and that he's quite slow.

Old
05-23-2012, 07:05 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Enström, Karlsson, Kronwall and OEL should all get regular icetime.. Then add some of Edler, Ericsson, Larsson and Hedman

Old
05-24-2012, 01:53 PM
wings5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
Enström, Karlsson, Kronwall and OEL should all get regular icetime.. Then add some of Edler, Ericsson, Larsson and Hedman
OEL on big ice will be scary same with alot of the Swedes.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:37 PM
dan1el

Sedin (A) -Sedin (A)-Eriksson
Zetterberg (C) -Backstrom-Franzen
Landeskog-Berglund-Hornqvist
Steen-Zibanejad-Silfverberg
Johanssen

Karlsson - Ekman-Larsson
Kronwall (A) -Larsson
Enstrom-Hedman
Edler

Lundqvist
Lindback
Enroth

Silver medal to Canada IMO, beating Slovakia in the Semi.

Old
07-08-2012, 05:03 AM
Mr Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1el View Post
Johanssen

Karlsson - Ekman-Larsson
Kronwall (A) -Larsson
Enstrom-Hedman
Edler

Lundqvist
Lindback
Enroth

Possible. I've been saying for more than a year now, that it could very easily be a US-Sweden final. Or it could be a Canada-USA/Sweden final. or it could be a Canada v Russia gold medal game. Clash of the Titans. I wouldn't be surprised if the fix was in for a Canada-Russia final on Russian soil... the hype machine would go into overdrive. Or it could be a Canada v Finland bronze medal game... really guys, the competition is so close, one lucky or unlucky bounce and it's play on or go home. Either way it will come down to Canada Sweden USA or Russia. One of these teams will win gold or finish without a medal.

Old
07-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Swedishhockeyfan

Sedin - Sedin - Landeskog
Zetterberg - Bäckström - Eriksson
Steen - Berglund - Hörnqvist
Zibanejad - Rakell - Forsberg

Karlsson - OEL
Brodin - Edler
Enström - Larsson

Klefbom / Hedman

Lundqvist
Markström

Läck / Fasth

Old
07-15-2012, 04:29 PM
pulverapa

No way in hell Zibanejad will be in Sochi. Forget about him, he will be a player in AHL for a long time, until he returns home to Sweden - probably playing for aik or some other ****** team. Forget Filip Forsberg for Sochi as well.

Silfverberg and Stålberg will be on the team.

Old
07-15-2012, 05:57 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulverapa View Post

Silfverberg and Stålberg will be on the team.

I lol'd.

Old
07-17-2012, 02:58 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1el View Post
Johanssen

Karlsson - Ekman-Larsson
Kronwall (A) -Larsson
Enstrom-Hedman
Edler

Lundqvist
Lindback
Enroth

yeah, we'll see. given the team i think canada will put together we're going to go feast or famine...i.e. we're going to dominate and win gold or we're going to get owned big time and miss the medal rounds altogether.

why do you have zibanejad in there? is he that good - or is this being optimistic?

any chance that niklas hjalmarsson makes the team? haha...i'm assuming viktor stalberg and marcus kruger don't (i'm just asking about hjalmarsson b/c i'm a hawks fan).

Old
07-19-2012, 08:04 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
yeah, we'll see. given the team i think canada will put together we're going to go feast or famine...i.e. we're going to dominate and win gold or we're going to get owned big time and miss the medal rounds altogether.

why do you have zibanejad in there? is he that good - or is this being optimistic?

any chance that niklas hjalmarsson makes the team? haha...i'm assuming viktor stalberg and marcus kruger don't (i'm just asking about hjalmarsson b/c i'm a hawks fan).
Yes, I'd say that Hjalmarsson has a strong chance. There's not that much time left, the likes of Larsson and Hedman can't make the team based on potential. Same goes for Zibanejad, Forsberg et al.

Old
08-28-2012, 06:38 AM
hockeywoot

Sedin-Sedin(A)-Franzen
Steen-Backstrom-Eriksson
Hagelin-Zetterberg(A)-Landeskog
Hornqvist-Berglund-Johanssen
Zibanejad

Karlsson-Kronwall (C)
Edler-OEL
Enstrom-Hedman
Hjalmarsson

Lundqvist
Markstrom
Enroth

Old
09-01-2012, 08:12 PM
MissingNo

what do you think about these players? tedenby, josefson, petersson, lander, erixon, rundblad, markström, nilsson, gustafsson, viktor fasth?

I know they have alot to prove in NHL to get a chance but maybe in two years

Old
09-01-2012, 09:06 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingNo View Post
what do you think about these players? tedenby, josefson, petersson, lander, erixon, rundblad, markström, nilsson, gustafsson, viktor fasth?

I know they have alot to prove in NHL to get a chance but maybe in two years
As of today Fasth and Markström got good chances to make the team, the other are long shots.

Personally I think Josefson will have the best chances if he can finally stay healthy. He's versatile and can play just about anywhere. Tedenby, Erixon, Lander and Petersson have to become NHL regulars and then some just to be in the mix. I can't really see any of them bring something to the table other more establish guys already are. Rundblad is too one-dimensional right now to be on an Olympic defense. Seeing as Nilsson and Gustafsson won't be in the NHL this season, they won't make it. We got too many goalies behind Lundqvist that are ahead of them.

Old
09-11-2012, 07:04 AM
Rutkowski

Kronwall probably shouldn't be on the team at all and if he is he is a third pairing guy. Karlsson, OEL, Hedman, Edler, Enström are all better and Larsson and Brodin will probably surpass him by then. Kronwall can throw ugly hits and that's it; he is a role player in the D and should be a 7th defender if anything.

Closed Thread