HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zuccarello

Old
05-22-2012, 09:34 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
Zooks has said multiple times he plans on being in the NHL not the KHL, Not Sweden, Not the AHL. Slats says he wants him back. Zooks wants to be here. He will be a Ranger.
But he don`t wanna be a Whale.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 09:48 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post
Dude. It was a joke. Calm down. Also, if you missed the media attention hockey got during Worlds and after Thoresens allstar award, I don't know where you've been.

FYI, after Zuke came back and played well this spring, I happily admited to being wrong about him being finished with the Rangers.

Now if you want to get personal in the future, feel free to pm me. I'm sure the rest of the boards are quite uninterested.
I just want to support you on this one. I took it as a joke too,and I can confirm your happiness for Zucc playing for Rangers.

And yes. Thoresen and The national team has gained a LOT of media interess. A lot more than we are used to in Norway. And I`m happy for it.

That said,I don`t hope they rush Zucc back in the game. I think the best for him is to wait for next year.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Nosferatos

vCash: 500
Any updates on Zukes condition/team standing?

I don't like how silent they're about him.

Nosferatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 01:12 PM
NYRKindms

he is currently on the ice practicing with the full squad.

Dubi on ice as well

NYRKindms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Nosferatos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKindms View Post
he is currently on the ice practicing with the full squad.

Dubi on ice as well
thanks, are there any links and/or tweets?

Nosferatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Vitto79

enough is enough already , throw some new blood into the lineup as it seems they are healthy. Zuke for Mitchell, play him on the PP. The guy has vision and passing skills.

Would love for both he and Dubi to get the call next game. Atleast one

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 03:09 PM
Guffawstev

"Both Brandon Dubinsky and Mats Zuccarello took part in the full practice---neither wearing a non-contact jersey---as both inch closer to a possible return to the lineup. After practice Dubinsky proclaimed that he had "no breaking news" and "no update" on his playing status, but that taking part in a series of practices continues to be "encouraging". Zuccarello was unavailable for comment after practice."

Guffawstev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 03:13 PM
KenGuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatos View Post
thanks, are there any links and/or tweets?

http://twitter.com/#!/stevezipay

Looks like both Dubinsky and Zucca are ready now. They both practised for full today

KenGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Riverdale

If anything Dubi and Zucc are fresh legs, most of our forwards look completely gassed.

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 03:42 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Several players needs to sit out a game or 2...

Not saying that zuke is going to replace any of these but the following hasn't stepped up in the play of's yet;

- Hagelin
- Stepan

They just skate around looking to avoid attention it seems..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Zucc should have been on this team all year, took too long to give him a shot...the guy puts points up. Im hoping both him and dubi are in the lineup tomorrow night. And i really hope hes back with us next year....slats should make it work, hope they can agree on something

Giglio NYR15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 03:56 PM
XLJ

Obviously when Dubi is healthy he will be in the lineup. I think Zuc should also be in the lineup.

I cant remember the last time Rupp and Mitchell scored. We are getting outplayed for most of the game we need to shakeup the lineup a little.

Boyle, Feds and Prust have been awful, but they do a good job on the penalty kill.

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Cally
Dubi-Anisimov-Zuccarello
Prust-Boyle-Feds

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 03:58 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Obviously when Dubi is healthy he will be in the lineup. I think Zuc should also be in the lineup.

I cant remember the last time Rupp and Mitchell scored. We are getting outplayed for most of the game we need to shakeup the lineup a little.

Boyle, Feds and Prust have been awful, but they do a good job on the penalty kill.

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Cally
Dubi-Anisimov-Zuccarello
Prust-Boyle-Feds
Whats that? 3 lines that can score?

Sign me up!

LordsCup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 04:01 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Cally
Dubi-Anisimov-Zuccarello
Prust-Boyle-Feds
Instantly makes the team better than what we've been seeing over the past few weeks.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
Several players needs to sit out a game or 2...

Not saying that zuke is going to replace any of these but the following hasn't stepped up in the play of's yet;

- Hagelin
- Stepan

They just skate around looking to avoid attention it seems..
Stepan:game 6 vs the Sens says hello.

considering it could have been our elimination game,i'd consider that stepping up

can we freaking stop with the Zuc love already?the Devils would eat him alive if he played.

lets play a guy whos been out for the past 7 weeks in a grinding,physical series because he can give us 2 minutes of PP time!

sounds logical

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
Stepan:game 6 vs the Sens says hello.

considering it could have been our elimination game,i'd consider that stepping up

can we freaking stop with the Zuc love already?the Devils would eat him alive if he played.

lets play a guy whos been out for the past 7 weeks in a grinding,physical series because he can give us 2 minutes of PP time!

sounds logical
Zucc isn't our savior, but lets be real here. Neither is Rupp/Prust/Mitchell. If someone has to sit to bring Zucc in im perfectly fine with it.

Old
05-22-2012, 04:18 PM
92hatchattack

we HAVE to get Zucca in the lineup. I dont understand why some people cant see what he brings. His vision is great and even if he is not scoring, players around him will be because with him shifting around it opens up shooting lanes. I love this kid and I think if he is ready to go he needs to be put in.

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
Zucc isn't our savior, but lets be real here. Neither is Rupp/Prust/Mitchell. If someone has to sit to bring Zucc in im perfectly fine with it.
he wont make a difference.

so basically folks want to bring in a non difference maker who will get destroyed in this type of series to replace another non difference maker.Prust is a valueable penalty killer.Mitchell and Rupp cant score but they play the boards well and are physical.Zuc does neither of those things,at all.

so in reality,its really not a upgrade bringing him in all for pp time

Old
05-22-2012, 04:23 PM
Riverdale

Quote:
he wont make a difference.

so basically folks want to bring in a non difference maker who will get destroyed in this type of series to replace another non difference maker.Prust is a valueable penalty killer.Mitchell and Rupp cant score but they play the boards well and are physical.Zuc does neither of those things,at all.

so in reality,its really not a upgrade bringing him in all for pp time
But we NEED scoring. We have arguably the best goaltender in the world and a world class D as well. Zucc needs to improve on his defensive play but his offensive abilities, however small would be a great asset to us. I wouldn't be saying this if we were averaging 3-4 goals a game, but we aren't we need something to happen. Nothing is.

Old
05-22-2012, 04:26 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
But we NEED scoring. We have arguably the best goaltender in the world and a world class D as well. Zucc needs to improve on his defensive play but his offensive abilities, however small would be a great asset to us. I wouldn't be saying this if we were averaging 3-4 goals a game, but we aren't we need something to happen. Nothing is.
of course we need scoring,but you want to replace a 4th line player for Zuc who will only play 8 minutes a game?there is no logic in that.

if he isnt going to be used in a top 6 role,its practically useless to even put him in the lineup.

why is that so hard to understand?

Old
05-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes

vCash: 400
Quote:
of course we need scoring,but you want to replace a 4th line player for Zuc who will only play 8 minutes a game?there is no logic in that.

if he isnt going to be used in a top 6 role,its practically useless to even put him in the lineup.

why is that so hard to understand?
That's eight more minutes where we have a legitimate scoring threat on the ice as opposed to Rupp or Mitchell. We can't score goals right now, we need more offense. Why is that so hard to understand?

Krams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 04:31 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
That's eight more minutes where we have a legitimate scoring threat on the ice as opposed to Rupp or Mitchell. We can't score goals right now, we need more offense. Why is that so hard to understand?
so you're going to play him 8 minutes a game with 2 4th line grinders.brilliant,that will certainly improve our offense.

now i see why so many people blast some Ranger fans

Old
05-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
so you're going to play him 8 minutes a game with 2 4th line grinders.brilliant,that will certainly improve our offense.

No play him on the third line with Dubinsky and either Hagelin or anisimov and they could generate some offense. We know our current two 4th lines will not score. It's worth a try.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:

Zuccarello's ES point production was lower than Bickel's this year. I sincerely doubt he plays on anything but the 4th line at even strength.

Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Zuccarello's ES point production was lower than Bickel's this year. I sincerely doubt he plays on anything but the 4th line at even strength.
thats my point,why bother even putting him into the lineup?people here want to thrust him right back into the lineup and hope he produces playing in a bottom 6 role.and thats just foolish