HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ducks sign Viktor Fasth

Old
05-22-2012, 02:58 AM
XO
Valar Morghulis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loscar View Post
Not seen those Swiss guys, but i could imagine that they are better, it dont take that much.

Here is only some guys i've seen playing. Arguably all better than fasth.
From KHL: Barulin, Ahonen, Rämö, Stepanek, Vehanen, Biryukov.
From SM-Liiga: Hovinen, Helenius even Endras. + Some young guys are better soon enough.
Elitserien: Andersen, Gustafsson, Larsson, even Norrena + Young guys.
You obviously dont have a clue. Are you from europe? because if you arent, how the hell have you been able to watch all those goalies play a proper amount of games to give a judgement like that?

XO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 03:31 AM
billy piton

so it will be quick vs. fast l.a. derby

billy piton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 04:13 AM
Zam Boni

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
It's a better fit than Gus because they have a starter.
By far the most consistent goalie in the SEL the last two years. Lundqvisting AIK to the semifinals twice.

$1M will be a decent salary upgrade for him too..
People seem to have forgotten Gustavsson played on one of the best teams in the SEL before heading to NA whereas Fasth's AIK was supposed to be the laughing stock of the SEL last season.

Fasth was shaky at the WC this year, and a mess in the final last year, but as a backup in Anaheim I think he has every chance in the world to be just fine.

And no, there were no goalie CLEARLY better than him in the SEL lasts season. A couple of them are fairly close though.

Zam Boni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 04:33 AM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
Low risk High reward.

Even if he sucks, its not like Hiller cant play 70 games. He did it this year.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 04:44 AM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loscar View Post
Lol. Ducks will regret this, i just cant understand this deal. Fasth is the most overrated goalie... So shaky when there are real games being played, easy goals too often. Well, 1 year and then back to Sweden/KHL.
I have seen Fasth at almost every home game for the last two seasons and you obviously have no clue what you are talking about.

Good move for the Ducks

05-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Gudbranson44

good signing! he is a great goalie, and it really wasnt his fault sweden failed in the wc´s. it was our injured and crappy defense. hedman blew, as did brodin and at times even the kronwalls played bad. mix this with passive backchecking and it wont end well, no matter how many nhl forwards we get.

fasth will be a good fit in anaheim! it will be a lot of fun to see him play at this level

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:05 PM
FlutteringSaucer

This could be good signing but one-way?? Why?

Fasth has never played in NA. It usually takes a little time and games for European goalies to get accustomed in smaller rink etc. I feel like 2-way would have been better for Fasth too if he really wanted to break in the NHL.

Now they can't send him to AHL to get some games under his belt or am I missing something?

FlutteringSaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:13 PM
Force951

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPena View Post

Fasth has never played in NA. It usually takes a little time and games for European goalies to get accustomed in smaller rink etc. I feel like 2-way would have been better for Fasth too if he really wanted to break in the NHL.

Now they can't send him to AHL to get some games under his belt or am I missing something?
1-Way just means they get paid the same amount in the AHL as they do in the NHL. Now the rules on sending up and down have to do with age and games played i believe. So i am not sure on where he stands.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:20 PM
FlutteringSaucer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
1-Way just means they get paid the same amount in the AHL as they do in the NHL. Now the rules on sending up and down have to do with age and games played i believe. So i am not sure on where he stands.
So he doesn't have to pass waivers if we presume that there are no changes in the next CBA? Because if he has to pass waivers I think he's too tempting for some teams struggling with goaltenders mid-season with that price...

FlutteringSaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Dosing

Are there any amusement parks in annaheim? If so they could hire fasth to guard the entrance, he would let everyone in free of charge, and if he isnt fired in time you should bring your family for an all day. Get up close to him and you might even get some free carousel tickets.

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:27 PM
DisneyDucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosing View Post
Are there any amusement parks in annaheim? If so they could hire fasth to guard the entrance, he would let everyone in free of charge, and if he isnt fired in time you should bring your family for an all day. Get up close to him and you might even get some free carousel tickets.
So funny. You could get a job at selännes comedian club.

DisneyDucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Force951

vCash: 50
Quote:
So he doesn't have to pass waivers if we presume that there are no changes in the next CBA? Because if he has to pass waivers I think he's too tempting for some teams struggling with goaltenders mid-season with that price...
I believe there is an age rule on if they have to pass waivers. So i am assuming he is old enough to have to pass waivers. However if they start him in the AHL, and have JDD backup and call him up later in the year im sure he would pass. Since teams would have no idea how he will handle the NHL.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Gudbranson44

Quote:

he wouldnt go if he didnt get a 1way deal, mainly because he will bring his family with him and he doesnt want to have to go from ahl to nhl and just jump around like that. thats why he didnt go last year because no on e met his demands.

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 06:47 PM
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter

vCash: 685
God, I wish EA sports would change their own definition of one-way/two-way contracts.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Hampe
The Hampster

Can't hurt, right? Seems like a good goalie, and if he busts for us, he's gone at the end of the year.

Don't see how we're going to regret this deal. If it was a three year deal, sure, but this could turn out quite nicely if Fasth pans out. And if not, oh well.

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote