HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

This Teams inability to grab hold of a series

Old
05-22-2012, 10:16 AM
Crease

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
What I find ironic is that most fans are saying that we have been totally outplayed this series yet we won 2 games by 3 goals each and were a goal away in game 2.
Why is it ironic?

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 10:17 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
What I find ironic is that most fans are saying that we have been totally outplayed this series yet we won 2 games by 3 goals each and were a goal away in game 2.
They have been outplayed. It's clear. You can be outplayed and still win especially when you have Lundqvist in net. The two 3 goal wins you mentioned, all six of those goals came in third periods and two of them were empty netters.

05-22-2012, 10:23 AM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
They have been outplayed. It's clear. You can be outplayed and still win especially when you have Lundqvist in net. The two 3 goal wins you mentioned, all six of those goals came in third periods and two of them were empty netters.
And if not for Hank in the first two periods of those two games this really could have been a clean sweep for the Devils, but at least 3 games to 1.

bubba5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 10:39 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
And if not for Hank in the first two periods of those two games this really could have been a clean sweep for the Devils, but at least 3 games to 1.
True, but I don't think it's that simple. The Rangers had a lead in Game 2.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 10:52 AM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastly115 View Post
Gotta imagine that the stats will eventually turn in our favor at some point. I wonder what the longest losing streak is for teams given a chance to take a 2-game lead.
How nice would it be the grab a two game lead in this series?

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 10:56 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
It's trouble. If you can't capitalize on opportunities to in essence put teams away, the other team is eventually going to take you down. Going up 3-1 is different (and more meaningful) than going up 2-0--and now we have let three series in a row go to best of three, rather than put one away. It's mentally and physically a huge challenge for the guys yet again.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDL8981 View Post
Its clear that we arent good enough to grab hold of a series. Three series of evidence are enough to see that.

Combination of our lack of offense, and the fact that I think we're running of fumes now. Dont think we have the energy level to play a full 60 minutes of good hockey anymore. Its like "we can play well in spurts, then hold on and hope Hank becomes a wall".
That's exactly how I see it as well. I feel like the sword of Damacles is hanging over our heads (I heard this
expression on an old Three Stooges episode) and that we are fighting an uphill battle.
At this stage, I believe that Hank is going to have to steal the series for us because I have no confidence whatsoever in Gaborik, Stepan and to a lesser extent Richards suddenly breaking out and carrying us.
Shouldn't be any mystery why I have always been a "glass half empty" fan all these years!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote