HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

CLB - Col

Old
05-17-2012, 11:28 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54roughing View Post
Id do Nash for Duchene and a conditional 1st

the first being conditional on if duchene doesnt score within 20 points of Nash, I could see Rick getting 80-to 90 with Stasny to be honest
Avs wouldn't.

And I could as well. Nash with Stastny should be a frequent 35+ goal scorer.

He is the perfect compliment to Stastny and Stastny to Nash, being that Staz works best with big powerful wingers who can skate and prefer to shoot, he'll find them anywhere on the ice. Nash needs a center who can distribute the puck to him and handle the line's defensive loads so he can focus on scoring.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 01:31 AM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54roughing View Post
Id do Nash for Duchene and a conditional 1st

the first being conditional on if duchene doesnt score within 20 points of Nash, I could see Rick getting 80-to 90 with Stasny to be honest
You people really can't see that Duchene has more value than Nash?

Both of them are stars but Duchene is 6 years younger and put up 67 points as a 20 year old. I don't think anyone will look at Duchene and devalue him to much based on last season considering the circumstances. It was not as if he just failed to put up points. He played 58 games and 20 of those he played injured and in a 3rd line role while working on his two-way game. Both injuries were also minor and random while having one to each leg.

He is 21 and will cost little more than HALF of what Nash does per year. While also playing at a more valuable position.

No way in hell would Colorado have to add to Nash. It's the other way around and I know how good Nash is but age and contract come into play vs value in a trade involving two players of this caliber.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 02:13 AM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
We're not trading Stastny for lesser pieces, if he gets moved it will be for a 1st pairing LH D-man.
2nd overall + Letestu?

Then you draft Ryan Murray who is a stud LH D-man ready to play next year.

Either way, for Nash I think either Stastny or Duchene have to be coming back. I didn't bother mentioning O'Reilly or Landeskog because one of them going at this point in time is beyond unlikely, If it's not possible to get either Stastny or Duchene back for Nash, then Colorado isn't a good fit.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:20 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
2nd overall + Letestu?

Either way, for Nash I think either Stastny or Duchene have to be coming back. I didn't bother mentioning O'Reilly or Landeskog because one of them going at this point in time is beyond unlikely, If it's not possible to get either Stastny or Duchene back for Nash, then Colorado isn't a good fit.
I would say it would be possible to get Duchene but pieces would need to be added to Nash. Maybe even then added to Duchene depending on what it is.

I would be willing to add quite a bit to Duchene to get Nash & JJ. There are just other guys out there that we could trade Duchene for that are younger and have better cap hits than Nash. Like Ryan or E. Kane..

It's hard to imagine it happening but how much would we need to add to Duchene to get Nash & JJ?

Old
05-18-2012, 03:42 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
2nd overall + Letestu?

Jackets won't do this.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 07:26 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
I would say it would be possible to get Duchene but pieces would need to be added to Nash. Maybe even then added to Duchene depending on what it is.

I would be willing to add quite a bit to Duchene to get Nash & JJ. There are just other guys out there that we could trade Duchene for that are younger and have better cap hits than Nash. Like Ryan or E. Kane..

It's hard to imagine it happening but how much would we need to add to Duchene to get Nash & JJ?
Too much to make it worth Avs' while, honestly. When JJ arrived in Columbus, he was both a stabilizing presence in a broken locker room and an energizing presence on a sub-par blueline. For myself, I've not "anointed" him to the same level as some other CBJ fans, but it just doesn't make sense for the CBJ organization to trade him. Not only did he do good things, but he represents value out of the Jeff Carter debacle.

Something around Nash for Duchene makes sense for CBJ, but not adding to Nash to get it done. That said, if I'm the Avs I'd rather keep Duchene, much as the idea of adding a top-flight scoring wing is appealing.

Old
05-18-2012, 07:33 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Too much to make it worth Avs' while, honestly. When JJ arrived in Columbus, he was both a stabilizing presence in a broken locker room and an energizing presence on a sub-par blueline. For myself, I've not "anointed" him to the same level as some other CBJ fans, but it just doesn't make sense for the CBJ organization to trade him. Not only did he do good things, but he represents value out of the Jeff Carter debacle.

Something around Nash for Duchene makes sense for CBJ, but not adding to Nash to get it done. That said, if I'm the Avs I'd rather keep Duchene, much as the idea of adding a top-flight scoring wing is appealing.
Good level headed post.

PS

As much as I would like to see Nash in Colorado I can't see a deal that would make sense for Avs and Jackets. Avs can't afford to move Stastny before they know what future holds for O'Reilly and Duchene, they can't afford to move Duchene before they now what he's trully capable of, if his head cathes up with his feet and hands he could be a perennial 80+ points two way center and that is something that you don't trade away easily. O'Reilly is apsolutely of the table because of his two-way play, leadership, work ethic and his percived value for the teams around the league, or in other words he's worth more to Colorado than to other teams.

The only deal that makes sense for Colorado is a deal based around one of their wingers already on the team that could play a top 6 role(with the exception of Landeskog) and a slew of picks and top end prospects and I don't see why Columbus would accept that kind of an offer.

Last edited by Ivan13: 05-18-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old
05-18-2012, 08:13 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
I could see Nash + JJ for Duchene + Mueller + 1st
Yeah.... As a CBJ fan, I'd say no....

JJ is probably one of the few things thats off the table for Columbus....

Keep in mind that in 12 years, we've never had a defenseman that could be potentially be called a top pairing defenseman, and we've only had him for less than half a season.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Kington87

Would avs fans do Duchene, 2012 first round pick, 2013 2nd round conditional on Nash's statistics next year (75+ points or something)

For Rick Nash and Marc Methot

Kington87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kington87 View Post
Would avs fans do Duchene, 2012 first round pick, 2013 2nd round conditional on Nash's statistics next year (75+ points or something)

Avs don't have their 1st round pick and I'm not sure what to think about Methot.

Old
05-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Kington87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Avs don't have their 1st round pick and I'm not sure what to think about Methot.
Ahh I see I forgot about that. Make that 2013 then, and I think that evens out the trade a bit more in avs favor. Or I'd want Aittokallio instead.

Methot is a pretty good defenseman. Young, leader, and a good skater. If he really puts it together he will be a nice find. If not then he is still a good guy to have. Just a thought.

Kington87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 06:09 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Ahh I see I forgot about that. Make that 2013 then, and I think that evens out the trade a bit more in avs favor. Or I'd want Aittokallio instead.

Methot is a pretty good defenseman. Young, leader, and a good skater. If he really puts it together he will be a nice find. If not then he is still a good guy to have. Just a thought.
We don't need 3-6 defense. We need a guy that can play on the top pairing with EJ. We have Hejda, O'Bryne, & Wilson that are all shutdown/physical types. With Elliott, Barrie, Gaunce & Siemens all pushing for roster spots as well. So no way in hell would Colorado add a 1st round pick to get you to add Methot..

There is just not much after Nash that CBJ has to get excited about beyond JJ & your 2nd over all. Obviously two very expensive pieces. Nothing else really fits a need for Colorado.

If CBJ asked Colorado to add to Duchene they would just hang up the phone and call Anaheim about Ryan. If we were forced to find a winger to trade for straight across there are players who are younger and on way better contracts.

So you can see that there are better options out there if we are willing to move a virtually untouchable young center. Hence CBJ adding to Nash but it all depends on how badly you want an actual young star to sell the franchise with.

I have no doubt you would get a good package for Nash but it would be prospects and picks and no single player coming back would have anywhere close to the value Duchene would. Especially considering your forced to deal with teams who are contending or close to it making them a attractive option for Nash.

Old
05-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Boondock

Quote:

Adding almost 11 Million in cap and loosing an excellent young asset and 2 high picks isn't something I can see the Avs doing.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 09:30 AM
cgf

I don't really see the fit for these two teams unless turning Duchene into Nash and the 2nd overall pick would only cost the avs one of the defensive prospects and a 2nd round pick, say Duchene, Barrie/Elliott and 2nd round pick for Nash and Murray. But the Blue Jackets would probably not be too excited about that...

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 09:45 AM
Westville92

Stats,Elliot,Pickard,Pick. For. Nash,Brassard

Westville92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westville92 View Post
Stats,Elliot,Pickard,Pick. For. Nash,Brassard
We don't need more young PMDs. We have plenty. And for what reason would Brassard be thrown in? It's not as though Colorado is short on centers, and he's less than great at wing.

(And, of course, there's all the Stastny-with-Nash-not-for-Nash stuff that's already been discussed, but, meh )

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Westville92

Ok then Wilson.. Brassard can compete for 3rd C.. Duchene Nash Mcginn

Westville92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Assuming this is "Wilson, McGinn, Duchene for Nash, Brassard" (it's hard to read)...

Better, but I worry about the state of our top-6 forwards after that. We're essentially likely upgrading at C (assuming this last season of Duchene's was a fluke), but downgrading severely on the wing, and we've already got winger trouble.

We don't really need more defensemen unless they're #1s, but if we're going to get one back, a defensive guy is where we lack, so Wilson's more or less fine.

Fits needs better, but I still don't like it. We really need wingers back, and I'm aware Colorado has issues there too (I presume that's why Nash is of interest to begin with ).

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 06:23 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
We don't need Brassard, we'd re-sign McClement and use one of Hishon, Sgarbossa, Olver or Malone at center.

Nash for Duchene is what the Avs would do if they felt Duchene should be moved, which I'm near 100% certain they don't.

Much to my dismay because I think as a fan I could handle that trade (even though I bought a Duchy jersey this year... haha).

Old
05-19-2012, 08:20 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
We don't need Brassard, we'd re-sign McClement and use one of Hishon, Sgarbossa, Olver or Malone at center.

Nash for Duchene is what the Avs would do if they felt Duchene should be moved, which I'm near 100% certain they don't.

Much to my dismay because I think as a fan I could handle that trade (even though I bought a Duchy jersey this year... haha).
I think If we were going to trade Duchene straight up to a team it would be to Anaheim for Ryan. Hes younger, on a better contract and just as good as Nash. Avs fans would be outraged if they traded Duchene for Nash straight across for obvious reasons.

Old
05-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
I think If we were going to trade Duchene straight up to a team it would be to Anaheim for Ryan. Hes younger, on a better contract and just as good as Nash. Avs fans would be outraged if they traded Duchene for Nash straight across for obvious reasons.
Just another example of how misguided the masses are when it comes to Nash.

Old
05-19-2012, 10:31 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
I was talking more about age and contract/cap hit than anything. And there isn't anyone who is misguided if they are less than excited about Nash making 7.8 million. Especially if your talking about trading a young star center for that kind of cap hit. Duchene has the potential to put up just as good or better numbers after putting up 67 points @ 20. Along with being 6 years younger Duchene is also most likely going to sign for between 4.5-5.5M.

I think most people realize how good Nash is, but not 7.8M good. If Stastny is over paid by about 1.6M then Nash is over paid by about a million a the very least.

Like I said, there are just better younger options out there if your trading Duchene straight across.

Old
05-22-2012, 06:24 PM
outoftune

Quote:
agreed

outoftune is offline   Reply With Quote