HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - Bos

Closed Thread

Old
05-22-2012, 07:05 PM
CDJ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Hamilton is different. I like Hamilton. I hated Seguin. It started in junior.

Because I compared Hamiltons STYLE OF PLAY to Cody Franson and said I don't think he will be a top 5 D in the NHL I apparently hate him? Okay?
Except Franson never had anywhere close to the same production as Hamilton did in this past season...

Old
05-22-2012, 07:05 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
Never said he couldn't. A LOT of red flags with him though. Lazy, etc. Could be Fedorov, more likely to be Semin.

That comment was more so an indictment on how Kadri was called a potential 90 point guy by many leafs fans as recently as two years ago. I'd also like to point out that he didn't have NEARLY as many red flags as Grigs does.

PS- My uncle is a scout. I feel as if I have some sort of talent evaluation prowess in my bloodlines. Please don't ruin my dreams, Mr. Kulemon and your almighty hockey wisdom.
Kadri only ever had 65 point potential. Even with my homer goggles I couldn't see him getting passed 70.

Old
05-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaskY View Post
Lol, Leafs would never do this. They need a center, but at the very least they need another forward who can potentially develop into a first liner.

One of Galchenyuk, Grigorenko, or Forsberg is way more valuable to the Leafs than Dougie Hamilton.
Teams have won without an allstar defense (Carolina comes to mind).

Old
05-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Except Franson never had anywhere close to the same production as Hamilton did in this past season...
Hurrr durrr durrr fuuurrrrrr on a cat.

PLAYSTYLES.

Old
05-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Quote:
Don't feed the

Old
05-22-2012, 07:21 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Hamilton is different. I like Hamilton. I hated Seguin. It started in junior.

Because I compared Hamiltons STYLE OF PLAY to Cody Franson and said I don't think he will be a top 5 D in the NHL I apparently hate him? Okay?
Hamilton oozes potential. I think a conservative projection would be top 4.

Old
05-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Hamilton oozes potential. I think a conservative projection would be top 4.
I was talking about league wide lol. I don't think he will be a top 5 D in the league and people think I hate him and trash him lol.

Old
05-22-2012, 07:28 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
I was talking about league wide lol. I don't think he will be a top 5 D in the league and people think I hate him and trash him lol.
Ohhhhh. Yeah top 5 in the league is quite the bold prediction for a player who hasn't even played his first pro game.

Old
05-22-2012, 07:39 PM
javier

This years draft is supposed to be much better than last years, which was by most accounts a down year, so why in the world would last year's #9 be so much better than this year's #5? Smells like a troll thread.

Old
05-22-2012, 07:43 PM
javier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobby View Post
Leafs will not make a trade with Boston for a long time. And if they do, Boston will be the ones pissing into the wind.
The last Leaf-Bruin deal was the Kaberle deal, which was a complete face plant for Boston.

Old
05-22-2012, 07:44 PM
frankthetank91

I'd rather not.

Looking forward to Kessel vs Seguin and Gardiner vs Hamilton battles in the future.

Old
05-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Quote:
Originally Posted by javier View Post
The last Leaf-Bruin deal was the Kaberle deal, which was a complete face plant for Boston.
Hmm.. Getting rid of a prospect that didn't made the Bruins and hasn't made the Maple Leafs and the 30th overall pick in exchange for a defenseman who's offensive totals tied with Chara for first among defenseman, on the way to the Stanley Cup... Face plant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
I'd rather not.

Looking forward to Kessel vs Seguin and Gardiner vs Hamilton battles in the future.
Gardiner vs Hamilton? Why?

Old
05-22-2012, 07:49 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
Because there isn't a more laughable overrating in sports right now than Jake Gardiner by Leafs fans.

Old
05-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Ya...if we're going by Boston TO trades it's Liles vs Hamilton.....eeewww.

Old
05-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Because there isn't a more laughable overrating in sports right now than Jake Gardiner by Leafs fans.
No I'm just saying, why Gardiner vs. Hamilton? What do they have to do with eachother? Seguin and Kessel were part of the same trade, (as picks,) but Hamilton was just traded via a pick with the #2 overall. Gardiner was traded to them from another team, IIRC.

Old
05-22-2012, 07:56 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
No I'm just saying, why Gardiner vs. Hamilton? What do they have to do with eachother? Seguin and Kessel were part of the same trade, (as picks,) but Hamilton was just traded via a pick with the #2 overall. Gardiner was traded to them from another team, IIRC.
Yeha...nothing

They just bring him into the discussion becuase Kessel and Gardiner vs. Seguin and Hamilton looks better than Kessel vs. Seguin and Hamilton.

Old
05-22-2012, 08:00 PM
javier

Quote:
Hmm.. Getting rid of a prospect that didn't made the Bruins and hasn't made the Maple Leafs and the 30th overall pick in exchange for a defenseman who's offensive totals tied with Chara for first among defenseman, on the way to the Stanley Cup... Face plant.

Yeah right keep spinning that crap, Kaberle did nothing while a Bruin, the last game he played for Boston he didn't even get 10 minutes of icetime lol and after the season Boston didn't even bother to re-sign him, not even giving an offer. Answer me this question, if Kaberle was so good with Boston, why did they give him so few minutes, why when Kaberle returned to Boston in a Carolina uniform did he get booed everytime he touched the puck?

Old
05-22-2012, 08:01 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Yeah right keep spinning that crap, Kaberle did nothing while a Bruin, the last game he played for Boston he didn't even get 10 minutes of icetime lol and after the season Boston didn't even bother to re-sign him, not even getting an offer. Answer me this question, if Kaberle was so good with Boston, why did they give so few minutes, why when he returned to Boston in a Carolina uniform he did get booed everytime he touched the puck?
Kaberle was tied for the team lead in points for d-men on the Bruins and he won the Stanley Cup.

Old
05-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Quote:
Yeah right keep spinning that crap, Kaberle did nothing while a Bruin, the last game he played for Boston he didn't even get 10 minutes of icetime lol and after the season Boston didn't even bother to re-sign him, not even giving an offer. Answer me this question, if Kaberle was so good with Boston, why did they give him so few minutes, why when Kaberle returned to Boston in a Carolina uniform did he get booed everytime he touched the puck?
He did more than Joe Colborne and a 30th selection would do.

If we didn't have Kaberle, we would be dealing with Kampfer or Bartkowski in the playoffs. Both during Chara's injury. Let me restate that, Kampfer and Bartkowski.

Still don't get it? KAMPFER AND BARTKOWSKI. They make Joe Corvo look like Chara.

Old
05-22-2012, 08:06 PM
jayball75

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Schenn + Tor 1st might be something Boston atleast looks at.
They way Boston made the leafs look like a peewee team this year I think they could be a little nicer to them and let them have something as a consolation prize. Gaining all that talent over one trade is crazy. Send over Thomas and seidenberg for schenn, kulemin and scrivens.

Old
05-22-2012, 08:08 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayball75 View Post
They way Boston made the leafs look like a peewee team this year I think they could be a little nicer to them and let them have something as a consolation prize. Gaining all that talent over one trade is crazy. Send over Thomas and seidenberg for schenn, kulemin and scrivens.
And send Gardiner over for Pouliot and Hutchinson.

The chance that you get Thomas, a goalie that would give you the extra step to get into the playoffs, is zero. Unless it's unrefuseable.
Quote:
The only thing that is laughable here is your post.
I think Gardiner will be a great defenseman, but come on. I've seen him compared to Lidstrom's equivalent and a step below Orr. Followed by about 6 agreeing.

Old
05-22-2012, 08:10 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
And send Gardiner over for Pouliot and Hutchinson.

The chance that you get Thomas, a goalie that would give you the extra step to get into the playoffs, is zero. Unless it's unrefuseable.

I think Gardiner will be a great defenseman, but come on. I've seen him compared to Lidstrom's equivalent and a step below Orr. Followed by about 6 agreeing.
Proof on that last part would be great.

Old
05-22-2012, 08:11 PM
javier

Quote:
He did more than Joe Colborne and a 30th selection would do.

If we didn't have Kaberle, we would be dealing with Kampfer or Bartkowski in the playoffs. Both during Chara's injury. Let me restate that, Kampfer and Bartkowski.

Still don't get it? KAMPFER AND BARTKOWSKI. They make Joe Corvo look like Chara.
Less than ten minutes in a game? If that's not the definition of hiding a defenseman I don't know what is. And maybe if Chiarelli didn't deal for Kaberle maybe he would have opted for another defenseman in the trade market, you know for someone who would be able to play more than ten minutes in a game, maybe even someone who would still be on the roster.

Old
05-22-2012, 08:11 PM
TCDaniels
Legen... Wait for it

Quote:
Why does Z get boo'ed every time he touches the puck in Ottawa? Is it because he sucks?

Or - maybe... just maybe - is it because almost ALL players get boo'ed when they return to their former team's rink sporting another uniform... No, wait - it certainly cam't be that.

And did Lucic mention... Kaberle vs Kampfer and/or Bartkowski. Don't you worry your pretty little head. Kaberle did just fine during the Cup run, thank you very much

Old
05-22-2012, 08:12 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Less than ten minutes in a game? If that's not the definition of hiding a defenseman I don't know what is. And maybe if Chiarelli didn't deal for Kaberle maybe he would have opted for another defenseman in the trade market, you know for someone who would be able to play more than ten minutes in a game, maybe even someone who would still be on the roster.
Or someone who would be tied for the lead for points by a d-man for the cup winning team?

Someone like that?

Closed Thread