HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - Bos

Closed Thread

Old
05-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by javier View Post
Less than ten minutes in a game? If that's not the definition of hiding a defenseman I don't know what is. And maybe if Chiarelli didn't deal for Kaberle maybe he would have opted for another defenseman in the trade market, you know for someone who would be able to play more than ten minutes in a game, maybe even someone who would still be on the roster.
You're missing the point.

We got Kaberle for virtually nothing. The last 1st round pick in the draft and a prospect that wouldn't have made the team. Sure, he got very few minutes, but he still had good offensive numbers. You said the trade was a face-plant. We did not lose the trade.

Old
05-22-2012, 08:20 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
This years draft is supposed to be much better than last years, which was by most accounts a down year, so why in the world would last year's #9 be so much better than this year's #5? Smells like a troll thread.
I dont think last year was a down year. And my understanding is that while this was hyped at one point to be a great draft, as they matured this class just isn't what was expected from them

The real point though is while Hamilton was #9 last year he has had another year to show his skill, and he really exploded this year. And the feeling is that he is thought of more highly today, really a good bit more highly today than he was 11 months ago

Old
05-22-2012, 08:21 PM
TCDaniels
Legen... Wait for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Or someone who would be tied for the lead for points by a d-man for the cup winning team?

Someone like that?
Or I have an even better idea.

Let's just go with this argument... Javier - you're a Leafs fan. Leafs now have Joe Colbourne.

Would you be willing to trade Joe Colbourne + #30 overall for NO ASSETS + a Stanley Cup?

Think about it that way and you'll see why the Bruins fans are perfectly content with the trade, and would make it 110 times out of 100.

Old
05-22-2012, 08:22 PM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Less than ten minutes in a game? If that's not the definition of hiding a defenseman I don't know what is. And maybe if Chiarelli didn't deal for Kaberle maybe he would have opted for another defenseman in the trade market, you know for someone who would be able to play more than ten minutes in a game, maybe even someone who would still be on the roster.
The Leafs helped make Colborne and the 30th overall expendable by so graciously giving us Seguin and the 9th. What's even funnier is that a couple of months before the Kessel deal at the draft Toronto could have had Kessel for Kabs and a pick.

Looking back on it, everytime someone tries and bring up the Kabs trade in a negative light, I suddenly just remember that our boys have these:

Old
05-22-2012, 08:22 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCDaniels View Post

Let's just go with this argument... Javier - you're a Leafs fan. Leafs now have Joe Colbourne.

Would you be willing to trade Joe Colbourne + #30 overall for NO ASSETS + a Stanley Cup?

Think about it that way and you'll see why the Bruins fans are perfectly content with the trade, and would make it 110 times out of 100.

Very nice.

He'll say he wouldn't be willing to trade that...but we'll know the truth

Old
05-22-2012, 08:29 PM
javier

Quote:
Why does Z get boo'ed every time he touches the puck in Ottawa? Is it because he sucks?

Or - maybe... just maybe - is it because almost ALL players get boo'ed when they return to their former team's rink sporting another uniform... No, wait - it certainly cam't be that.

And did Lucic mention... Kaberle vs Kampfer and/or Bartkowski. Don't you worry your pretty little head. Kaberle did just fine during the Cup run, thank you very much
Yeah right keep telling yourself that until you believe it, I remember Kaberle being ripped to shreds that post season, from fans to media, hell even Chiarelli threw him under the bus. Quote:

“Has he been a disappointment? He hasn’t played up to the level that we expected,” GM Peter Chiarelli Chiarelli told 98.5 The Sports Hub. “There have been parts of his game where he hasn’t played in the playoffs for a while and some of those [bad] habits have stuck with him. We expected better.”

Here's the link for the whole thing:
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...r-from-kaberle

That's from the mouth of your own GM, the very guy who made the trade. You Boston fans are hysterical. That trade was a bad trade, regardless of how the team did, it doesn't reflect on that trade, what do you think every trade Chiarelli or any GM for that matter makes is going to work out? Just admit that trade didn't work, that's all. Jesus.

Last edited by javier: 05-22-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old
05-22-2012, 08:30 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:

But Colborne is gonna be a key part of them winning cups for years to come

Old
05-22-2012, 08:31 PM
BudMovin*

vCash:
You realize you're trying to explain playoff success as a reason to why a trade wasn't bad to a Leafs fan.

Old
05-22-2012, 08:31 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

hey Javier, why don't you answer TCDaniels' question?

Old
05-22-2012, 08:33 PM
TCDaniels
Legen... Wait for it

Quote:
Yeah right keep telling yourself that until you believe it, I remember Kaberle being ripped to shreds that post season, from fans to media, hell even Chiarelli threw him under the bus. Quote:

“Has he been a disappointment? He hasn’t played up to the level that we expected,” GM Peter Chiarelli Chiarelli told 98.5 The Sports Hub. “There have been parts of his game where he hasn’t played in the playoffs for a while and some of those [bad] habits have stuck with him. We expected better.”

Here's the link for the whole thing:
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...r-from-kaberle

That's from the mouth of your own GM, the very guy who made the trade. You Boston fans are hysterical.
Answer my question, please

Old
CDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Hurrr durrr durrr fuuurrrrrr on a cat.

PLAYSTYLES.
I have a similar ****in play style to Paul Coffey, doesn't mean it will translate the same, because you know, the TALENT LEVEL is a bit different. Hamilton is FARRRRR more talented than Franson ever was.

Hurrrrr durrrr durrrrr furrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr on a bearrrrrr (Go B's)

Old
Liferleafer
Blow it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post

Very nice.

He'll say he wouldn't be willing to trade that...but we'll know the truth
Why are we arguing...Kaberle sucked but you got a cup so you didn't lose the trade. The Leafs shedded an aging player and got Colbourne, and what became Biggs and Liles so they didn't lose either. To the OP...for different reasons, neither team does it. Leafs need a center at #5. If Murray is still there, grab him as a defence prospect. Anyone saying Hamilton is overated is either jaded or doesn't watch hockey. He was voted defenceive player of the month multiple times and looks to be developing well.

Old
05-22-2012, 08:34 PM
CDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Proof on that last part would be great.
Need we forget Ian "Norris" White...

Old
05-22-2012, 08:37 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
The Leafs helped make Colborne and the 30th overall expendable by so graciously giving us Seguin and the 9th. What's even funnier is that a couple of months before the Kessel deal at the draft Toronto could have had Kessel for Kabs and a pick.

Looking back on it, everytime someone tries and bring up the Kabs trade in a negative light, I suddenly just remember that our boys have these:

Yup, looking back at that, I would gladly do that deal again.

I am more than happy with every deal the Bruins have made with the Leafs in the past 5 years or so.

Raycroft for Rask

Kessel for Seguin, Knight and Hamilton

Colborne, the 30th and 60th overall for Kaberle and most importantly, the Stanley Cup.

What's not to love? We really need to thank the Leafs as Bruins fans, not only did they give us so many high quality pieces, they made it possible for the Bruins to trade their 1st round pick and Dennis Wideman for Nathan Horton and Gregory Campbell, and their 2nd round pick for Chris Kelly.

In reality, the deals with the Leafs directly brought the Stanley Cup to the Bruins, so let's all give the Leafs a big thank you and heres hoping Joe Colborne works out well and maybe center Kessel someday.

Old
05-22-2012, 08:42 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
THE National Champs

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Thread turned into a pissing match - locked.

Closed Thread