HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Florida Panthers Prospect Thread 2013-2014

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 500
Well, doesn't look like Huby dominated like I hoped he would but the Sea Dogs are champs nonetheless. Congrats!

-ghoste

Old
05-11-2012, 06:23 AM
Bjindaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
Well, doesn't look like Huby dominated like I hoped he would but the Sea Dogs are champs nonetheless. Congrats!

-ghoste
Hoobadoo posted his 3rd consecutive double digit goal playoff. He had 10 and 11 in 15 games (when things got tough, the top two lines were pretty even points-wise. Huby just didn't beat up on the first two teams as much as Coyle, Phillips and Galiev.

Old
05-11-2012, 06:01 PM
WhalerPanther

Send a message via Yahoo to WhalerPanther
Not that the Rampage are going to come back from being down 3-1 in their current series but would it be possible if SA wins tonight for Hubs to join the team or would Tallon not even consider that.

Old
05-11-2012, 07:38 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerPanther View Post
Not that the Rampage are going to come back from being down 3-1 in their current series but would it be possible if SA wins tonight for Hubs to join the team or would Tallon not even consider that.
Hubs has a mem cup to win

Old
05-12-2012, 08:59 AM
LUUUUUIS
2mins for Panthering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
Hubs has a mem cup to win
No doubt. The force is strong with the Sea Dogs.

Old
05-12-2012, 01:53 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post

-ghoste
I would suspect the opposition coaches are telling guys to play huby tight. He's pretty much a marked man and he's still having a solid playoff run. Coyle, Phillips, and Galiev are all solid prospects enjoying career playoff numbers. I've heard sea dogs fans talk about huberdeau like he's the engine of the club. I think he's underrated in terms of character and leadership.

Old
05-12-2012, 02:08 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by LassieMaven View Post
I would suspect the opposition coaches are telling guys to play huby tight. He's pretty much a marked man and he's still having a solid playoff run. Coyle, Phillips, and Galiev are all solid prospects enjoying career playoff numbers. I've heard sea dogs fans talk about huberdeau like he's the engine of the club. I think he's underrated in terms of character and leadership.
I believe this is the case also, If you look at alot of the highlights there is always 2 guys near Huby watching him while leaving one man in a little bit of loose coverage. I can't remember which on, but I saw Huberdeau watched by 3 men while Philips just walked in free.

Old
05-18-2012, 10:20 AM
LUUUUUIS
2mins for Panthering

3 seadogs in this top 10, and you could easily add Zach Philips and a few others to it.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/junio...ayer_rankings/

Old
05-18-2012, 11:16 AM
Brian Fogarty
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LassieMaven View Post
There's an interview with the Saint John coach up at the Pipeline Show, where he discusses Huberdeau's production in these playoffs. It's an interesting point of view.

Show #38:

http://www.thepipelineshow.com/media...343707200&sn=7

05-18-2012, 11:48 AM
LUUUUUIS
2mins for Panthering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fogarty View Post
There's an interview with the Saint John coach up at the Pipeline Show, where he discusses Huberdeau's production in these playoffs. It's an interesting point of view.

Show #38:

http://www.thepipelineshow.com/media...343707200&sn=7
As an IT guy, the ad before the interview made me cringe. Ugh.

Old
05-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

if anyone doesn't know yet, Huby and the Sea Dogs will start their quest for a second straight Memorial Cup tomorrow night at 7. Can be seen on NHl network. Actually, the tourney starts tonight at 7 with Edmonton vs. shawinigan.

Old
05-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
if anyone doesn't know yet, Huby and the Sea Dogs will start their quest for a second straight Memorial Cup tomorrow night at 7. Can be seen on NHl network. Actually, the tourney starts tonight at 7 with Edmonton vs. shawinigan.
Jonathan Racine plays for Shawinigan so would be a chance for people to see him play.

Old
05-19-2012, 01:21 AM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers are Red View Post
Jonathan Racine plays for Shawinigan so would be a chance for people to see him play.
Yeah, I forgot he played for Shawinigan. He was OK, normal game for him, nothing outstanding. Would be funny if he and Huby fought again lol.

Old
05-19-2012, 01:31 AM
Knightmare

noooooo. huber needs to keep that pretty french-canadian face of his clean for next year! can not wait to see this kid in the big league

Last edited by Knightmare: 05-19-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old
05-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Lucky Luke

Huberdeau wasn't very disciplined last night against the Knights.
His coach, Gerard Gallant, was not very pleased and with good reason.

Old
05-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Anod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Luke View Post
Huberdeau wasn't very disciplined last night against the Knights.
His coach, Gerard Gallant, was not very pleased and with good reason.
That was a stupid penalty by huberdeau with 2 minutes left, down by a goal. Don't know what he was thinking. Also I wouldn't be surprised if he is suspended for the elbow to the head, earlier on in the game.

Old
05-20-2012, 03:20 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Huberdeau was certainly wasn't at his best last night. Still scored on a weird knuckle-puck goal that he didn't get a lot on.

And seriously Huber, get a haircut and do something about those sideburns. It looks beyond awful.

Last edited by AwesomePanthers: 05-20-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old
05-22-2012, 05:15 PM
jfb392

Apparently your 4th round pick from 2010 Ben Gallacher will be transferring from Ohio State.
I haven't seen anything confirming that he will be, but he was just selected 5th overall by Green Bay in the USHL Draft.
They normally wouldn't pick a kid that was already in college, so he's likely going to play a year there before he transfers.

Old
05-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Apparently your 4th round pick from 2010 Ben Gallacher will be transferring from Ohio State.
I haven't seen anything confirming that he will be, but he was just selected 5th overall by Green Bay in the USHL Draft.
They normally wouldn't pick a kid that was already in college, so he's likely going to play a year there before he transfers.
That seems like a mistake by Gallacher IMO. He had a fairly solid freshman yr at OSU and thats a young team so he would fit well there. He was already a long shot as a prospect so I guess it doesnt really matter that much.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
That seems like a mistake by Gallacher IMO. He had a fairly solid freshman yr at OSU and thats a young team so he would fit well there. He was already a long shot as a prospect so I guess it doesnt really matter that much.
I actually thought he looked decent when I saw him at prospect camp... Mike Weaver type of defenseman. Smallish, more stay at home, good stick.. Jury is out though, I too thought he should have stayed at OSU..

Old
05-31-2012, 01:52 PM
TimHortons
Gud Night

MickOlax(or any other poster with insider knowledge), what's the deal with Joonas Donskoi? Is he going to sign with FLA before tomorrow's deadline?

Old
05-31-2012, 02:04 PM
SoupyFIN
#freePirri

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHortons View Post
MickOlax(or any other poster with insider knowledge), what's the deal with Joonas Donskoi? Is he going to sign with FLA before tomorrow's deadline?
Tried to look on jatkoaika.com (sort of Finnish HF, I don't post there thou), but they were as clueless as the rest of us.

But I think he'll sign by tomorrow.

Old
05-31-2012, 03:29 PM
Brian Fogarty
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Tried to look on jatkoaika.com (sort of Finnish HF, I don't post there thou), but they were as clueless as the rest of us.

But I think he'll sign by tomorrow.
It would be a huge mistake for the Panthers to not get this guy under contract. Tallon doesn't typically make that kind of mistake. The only way this doesn't get done is if Donskoi doesn't want it to happen.

Old
06-01-2012, 04:53 AM
MickOlax

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHortons View Post
The situation with Joonas and the Panthers took a sudden turn to worse yesterday. First there was a little misunderstanding on the Panthers end, who thought that the deadline is 15th June. Don't know how this is possible. Donskois agent on the North America side made an offer to the Panthers which they declined, and they are/were waiting for the Panthers to make a new offer.

The problem is that Donskoi is all but sure to play in Finland next season where he is making ~over 100K € per year, and the Panthers don't seem to be willing to pay him that much while playing in Finland. (I think they have offered around 40K-50K in US dollars, which isn't even half of what he is making here)

There is actually a possibility now that he's re-entering the draft. I should hear more today or at least tomorrow about the situation. It's not totally Donskois fault though. It's currently just up to his agent and mainly the Panthers to get it done.

I'll try to keep you posted.

-L-

Old
06-01-2012, 05:04 AM
MickOlax

Now I heard that they didn't get an agreement done. Donskois agent lowered his initial offer, but it was apparently still too much for the Panthers. They didn't want to pay him much more than the basic AHL salary.

So sadly he's now draft eligible again and re-enters the draft. I'm kind of dissapointed how this turned out, since that kind of money should be pretty small thing for a NHL team. Apparently not.

-L-

Closed Thread