HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Rupp

Old
05-22-2012, 02:22 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Rupp has been better than almost every Ranger forward not named Chris Kreider this series.

HORRIBLE performance by the rest of this club.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 02:27 PM
varanger94

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHaggis View Post
Rupp's hit to marty was best in whole game
The question is. Was that push by Rupp harder than the Punch his ex-wife hit him with, when see found out he was ****ing her sister.

varanger94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 02:34 PM
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Brodeur is a ***** and took a nice flop. Not like Rupp pushed him hard at all. He's a baby even at 40 years of age
I'm surprised he didn't throw his back out after that.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 02:42 PM
TankLarkin

I like the idea of Deveaux on the fourth line next year. He played well filling in earlier this year.

TankLarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 02:47 PM
I Am Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankLarkin View Post
I like the idea of Deveaux on the fourth line next year. He played well filling in earlier this year.
Deveaux was good when he was here, yeah. The hit he was suspended for was terrible, though. Needs to cut that **** out.

I Am Classless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 02:58 PM
NikC

Rupp was great yesterday, and the penalty on the initial hit was total BS. Hopefully he was one of the few vets that will shake up this room.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Crease

Rupper was our second best forward last night after Kreider. And he showed the most want. He deserves to stay in the lineup. Kudos for him to trying to stir the hornets nest. Too bad he didn't do on the first shift of the game. Maybe the rest of the team would have showed a pulse.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 03:09 PM
DutchShamrock

The penalties was typical nhl official mismanagement of the game. We puck Bickle and Rupp out, they immediately started with the Devils in the faceoff circle, Rupp threw a punch at the drop, so when he hit the defenseman behind the net, the arm went up. They wanted to establish control of a game that had the potential to get out of hand. Apparently they saw no need to keep Marty's mouth shut, no need to get control of the game when Kovalchuk speared Cally. It's fine though, I got as much satisfaction from Marty's rockette kick as i did with his reaction to Avery's shove.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Unpredictable1

I think Rupp's play on ice has been subpar but, I think what he did last game is show a veteran presence to me.

I might get laughed at but I saw someone who the knew the game was away from them and decided to get in their kitchen because far too many devils are playing in a comfort zone. I hope it's a war next game.

Unpredictable1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 04:11 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Deveaux is garbage, an AHL enforcer. If you want to ice Deveaux, ice Scott, he fights better and that's about all Deveaux can do at the NHL level. At least Rupp isn't a complete liability on the ice. And although in the POs is when role players step up and win games for you, you also can't expect your 4th line goon to be the guy winning games for you.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Kershaw

Rupp has underperformed greatly, however I'm willing to give him another year to redeem himself.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 04:17 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

pretty sure rupp didn't leave his feet til contact was made. if he did it was extremely minimal. it was an incredibly soft call. #5 always calls our games terribly. (i don't think i've ever seen a game where he reffed for any team that was done well).he does extremely sneaky things generally in the last 10 minutes of play. he waved a few goals off.. pretty sure he's the one that ignored the interference on the neil kick-in in round 1 as well.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 04:21 PM
HagsSwag

Rupp should have put a smackdown on Kovy, not go after Marty. (I understand it was heat of moment)

HagsSwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 07:00 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagsSwag View Post
Rupp should have put a smackdown on Kovy, not go after Marty. (I understand it was heat of moment)
Unbiased fan here guys, just curious if a Devil did to King Henrik what Rupp did to Marty, what would you guys be thinking? Just curious here...no trolling, just curious...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 07:02 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Unbiased fan here guys, just curious if a Devil did to King Henrik what Rupp did to Marty, what would you guys be thinking? Just curious here...no trolling, just curious...
You know the answer to that.

Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Zuuuuc

Rupp wasnt brought in to score goals, he was brought in for his veteran leadership. He showed at the winter classic that he can score from time to time when the stars align, he also scored the game winner in our first win of the season (4-0 over Canucks when they should have been up 5-0 if not for Hank)

What I saw from Rupp last night was him channeling the inner Sean Avery that resonates in MSG and also in New Jersey. Avery was always able to get Brodeur off his game, and I've seen it twice this series. Prust's excuse me elbow and Rupp's excuse me punch, I think if we can get him off his game a bit more we can win this series

Zuuuuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Blueshirt67

Quote:
We would probably be laughing about how Rupp pummelled the Devil that punched Henrik.

Blueshirt67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 07:51 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

its hilarious how Marty flops back into the goal post after rupp gives me a little shove as if he was just ran into at full force

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Leetch66

Hopefully we have a 3 goal lead late in the next game...but on the other hand...will they pull the same stuff on the King ? I was kind of hoping that Bickel would have started throwing them at somebody on that play . I hope Bernier was not whiplashed too bad...man he went down hard when pushed back by Rupp...that was hilarious !!! The officials certainly target the Rangers over the Devils...does everybody outside of us fans really hate this team ??? Some days it seems like that .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 09:20 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

I like Rupp, i would like to see him get some PP time and actually start a fight. I loved it when he punched Broduer.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 09:33 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Henrik may try to sell it a little bit when a player comes crashing into him but he certainly doesnt not FLOP the way Marty did back into the post; he made it look like Colton Orr was throwing a punch to the face and Marty was Todd Fedoruk. It was a shove to the chest with all that equipment on. Thats what bothers me. Of course I'd be mad if a Devil shoved Henrik but Henrik would absolutely not go down like he did.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 09:35 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Henrik would probably go after the guy lol, remember that game in Montreal i think it was where Hank jumped on top of the guy who skated into him?

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 10:22 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Yeah, Marty's flop was ****ing pathetic. I hate that arrogant piece of garbage.

Hank would've did what he did to MaxPac if somebody did that to him.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 10:25 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Here's an example of Hank saying something to somebody, like Marty.

What you don't see is Hank flopping to the ground like he got shot once the other guy hits him.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 05:50 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post

Here's an example of Hank saying something to somebody, like Marty.

What you don't see is Hank flopping to the ground like he got shot once the other guy hits him.
worst part is it ended up being a 5 on 3 didn't it?

but yeah this is a perfect response video. dislikes something, let's crosby know. getting run and embellishing is one thing, getting shoved in the chest and flopping like a fish is another... i mean did marty really need to kick his leg up to the sky?

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote