HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marian Gaborik - ByE HiM OOUtT!

Old
05-22-2012, 10:02 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

vCash: 500
That's where i disagree. If we trade for anyone it has to be a guy who can score 30-35, we dont' need another defensive forward, we need an OFFENSIVE forward for once. We can hold on to the puck for 60 minutes, if we don't score what good is it? Look at the Kings tonight, Phoenix had the puck all game and bang Kings make it 1-0, without holding onto the puck. And if we had bergeron instead of Gaborik we wouldn't have been the 1st seed, guaranteed. Bergeron puts up Callahan-like numbers, we need scorers not defensive forwards who score 18-22 goals and hold onto the puck for a long time.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Is this thread for real?

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 10:07 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

yes it is RangerForLife, sadly it is real

Old
05-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
That's where i disagree. If we trade for anyone it has to be a guy who can score 30-35, we dont' need another defensive forward, we need an OFFENSIVE forward for once. We can hold on to the puck for 60 minutes, if we don't score what good is it? Look at the Kings tonight, Phoenix had the puck all game and bang Kings make it 1-0, without holding onto the puck. And if we had bergeron instead of Gaborik we wouldn't have been the 1st seed, guaranteed. Bergeron puts up Callahan-like numbers, we need scorers not defensive forwards who score 18-22 goals and hold onto the puck for a long time.
Bergeron is being utilized as a defense first type player in Claude Julien's system, yet he still puts up respectable numbers and point totals. If Torts were to use Bergeron like Gaborik, he'd score a lot more points too. I'm talking strictly on zone starts. Gaborik gets pampered minutes in the team's offensive zone while Bergeron gets shifts away from the offensive zone.

If we had Bergeron instead of Gaborik, I think we'd be even better in the standings too be honest. Ask the Bruins fans on what they think of the deal, they'd laugh.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 10:16 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

@Kershaw

Why would i care what a Bruins fan has to say about a trade? I don't care for the Bruins enough to pay attention to their players the way you do. Bergeron will NEVER score like Gaborik no matter what system he plays in, Gaborik is a natural scorer and you can't replace that with a guy like Bergeron. Bergeron would put up Callahan type numbers if he ever came here, how long has he been in the NHL? 8-9 years? And you think he would start to break out in a different system? You should really go root for the Bruins, you know the system, players and fan reactions to certain trades.

We can't be much better than 1st in the standings....only reason we didn't win the presidents trophy is because Holtby came out of nowhere and shut us down.

Old
05-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Kershaw

Of course Bergeron won't score like Gaborik, that's not his game. That's like expecting Gaborik to hustle for loose pucks and generate offense on his own.......

You don't need snipers to win 1st in the conference. The St. Louis Blues almost won the Presidents Trophy with zero snipers, but a strong team game. He brings much more to the table than Gaborik ever has or ever will.

Would you trade Callahan for Heatley or Marleau?

Old
05-22-2012, 10:25 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Disagree completely. Now you are just trying to bring other things into this and it won't work.

St. Louis got knocked out tho, right? You have to have at least one guy who can score if you want to be a top team in this league.

Callahan straight up? Or would it be a package deal? I wouldn't trade him either way since we are losing something if we get rid of Callahan. We get a 35 goal scorer back in Heatley and lose one of the best players on our team.

Old
05-22-2012, 10:26 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

And plus you said Bergeron would score ALOT more in Torts system, so your the one who said that not me.

Old
05-22-2012, 10:27 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Of course Bergeron won't score like Gaborik, that's not his game. That's like expecting Gaborik to hustle for loose pucks and generate offense on his own.......

You don't need snipers to win 1st in the conference. The St. Louis Blues almost won the Presidents Trophy with zero snipers, but a strong team game. He brings much more to the table than Gaborik ever has or ever will.

Would you trade Callahan for Heatley or Marleau?
And then they got embarrassed by the Kings.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 10:29 PM
Kershaw

St. Louis still averaged more GPG than the Rangers these playoffs.

That's right, I wouldn't even think about trading Callahan for an overpaid, one-dimensional sniper. Now look at it from a Bruins perspective, Bergeron is much better than Callahan and they would hang up the phone laughing at the offer if Gaborik, an overpaid, one-dimensional scorer was offered for their elite defensive 2-way forward.

My suggestion is to stop reading the stat sheet. Hockey is not all about goals and points.

Old
05-22-2012, 10:32 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
And then they got embarrassed by the Kings.
Pietrangel,Halak were injured and Elliot was a sieve. Kings would've won either way, but those were big factors on why Blues got embarrassed.

Old
05-22-2012, 10:35 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

St. Louis went home tho, we didn't, who is the winner in that situation? The team who is eliminated or the team who still has a chance? Oh ok.

Elite 2 way player?? You have a man crush for Bergeron bro it's scary. You actually think we would be better with Bergeron instead of Gaborik, wow.

And i know that, i'm one who doesn't look at stats too much especially in the playoffs. And Bergeron isn't better than Callahan. Go root for the Bruins.

Old
05-22-2012, 10:36 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

And If Gaborik is overpaid, what are half of the players in this league, underpaid??

Old
05-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

I'm sorry, but Bergeron is a lot better than Callahan. This isn't me being a Bruins fan. This is me being a hockey observer.

Winning the Selke this year.
Actually looks BEFORE he passes.
Makes his linemates better.

I never said we should trade Gaborik for Bergeron. But to say that Callahan is better than him is just wrong.

If I say Stamkos is better than Callahan, does that make me a "Cally hater?" a Lightning fan?

No. That's me pointing out the truth.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 10:53 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Players have different abilities, Stamkos is better than Callahan at scoring, but Callahan is better than him at blocking shots. How is Bergeron better than Callahan, other than a cup and a selke? He makes his linemates better? Ok and Callahan hits anything that moves. Callahan scores more goals but puts less assists up but i still rather have Callahan, he is one of those players you don't want to get rid of IMO, i'm a big Callahan fan.

Old
05-22-2012, 10:55 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Every time I see Gaborik outmuscled or knocked down I think of the scene from Major League 2 with Bob Ueker: "And Cerrano's doing warm up exercises in right field, what a pansy"

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 10:58 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
Our fanbase always needs it's whipping boy, don't they?
Yup and its sickening.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 10:59 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kershaw View Post
l.

Would you trade callahan for heatley or marleau?
**** no!!!!!

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 11:01 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
I would entertain offers for him if they could do what Philly did with Richards and Carter, young player and prospect/1st rounder

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Players have different abilities, Stamkos is better than Callahan at scoring, but Callahan is better than him at blocking shots. How is Bergeron better than Callahan, other than a cup and a selke? He makes his linemates better? Ok and Callahan hits anything that moves. Callahan scores more goals but puts less assists up but i still rather have Callahan, he is one of those players you don't want to get rid of IMO, i'm a big Callahan fan.
Did I say to get rid of Callahan? No. I said that Bergeron is a better player. Bergeron plays defense just like Callahan. Only thing is, they go about it differently. Callahan hits. Bergeron is closer to Datsyuk in the sense that he's all about positioning with his stick.

Bergeron IS better offensively. He knows what he's doing on the rush. Callahan looked like a lost puppy on the 3 on 2 yesterday. Killed a good chance by taking a low percentage shot. And Bergeron will forecheck too. Plus, with a playmaker like Bergeron, maybe they'd actually get some chances from their forecheck. It's a while bunch of board play. Not a whole bunch of quality shots. This team refuses to go to the middle of the ice.

I swear, I'm going to break something if I see Callahan make one more blind backhand pass from the corner to the slot. It's annoying, it's useless, and it causes a turnover.

Old
05-22-2012, 11:05 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Every time I see Gaborik outmuscled or knocked down I think of the scene from Major League 2 with Bob Ueker: "And Cerrano's doing warm up exercises in right field, what a pansy"
Gaborik a pansy? Slight modification; he's a panty waste!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 11:07 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

[QUOTE=Henriks Broadway Hat;50021285]Did I say to get rid of Callahan? No. I said that Bergeron is a better player. Bergeron plays defense just like Callahan. Only thing is, they go about it differently. Callahan hits. Bergeron is closer to Datsyuk in the sense that he's all about positioning with his stick.

Bergeron IS better offensively. He knows what he's doing on the rush. Callahan looked like a lost puppy on the 3 on 2 yesterday. Killed a good chance by taking a low percentage shot. And Bergeron will forecheck too. Plus, with a playmaker like Bergeron, maybe they'd actually get some chances from their forecheck. It's a while bunch of board play. Not a whole bunch of quality shots. This team refuses to go to the middle of the ice.

I swear, I'm going to break something if I see Callahan make one more blind backhand pass from the corner to the slot. It's annoying, it's useless, and it causes a turnover.[/QUOTEH

How is Bergeron better offensively? He is good on the rush? And Callahan had a bad 3 on 2 yesterday, i guess that was the worst part of the game then? I guess it's Callahans fault right.

WE HAVE a PLAYMAKER, Brad Richards, why add another one?? Bergeron will cure our scoring problems right? I can think of 5 other players i would want before him.

Old
05-22-2012, 11:09 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
I would entertain offers for him if they could do what Philly did with Richards and Carter, young player and prospect/1st rounder
I'd drool all over myself if we could move Gaborik for young talent and a pick!

Old
05-22-2012, 11:12 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Umm..because you can't have a team full of snipers that can't pass, can't create shooting lanes. Rarely do you see Gaborik score a goal because he created space for himself. Anything offensively that Callahan pulls off, Bergeron can do the same, and more.

I'm not being a "Bruins fan" because I realize that Bergeron is better than Callahan. I'm being realistic. I can also say that Hank>Thomas. Does that make me a homer now? No, again, I'm saying what I'm seeing.

Do you not notice how many times Cally kills any offensive pressure by blindly passing the puck from the corner to the slot? It happens every game. Seems to have cought on to Stepan and Richards too, but Callahan has been pulling that crap for the entire season.

Old
05-22-2012, 11:12 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Bergeron is being utilized as a defense first type player in Claude Julien's system, yet he still puts up respectable numbers and point totals. If Torts were to use Bergeron like Gaborik, he'd score a lot more points too. I'm talking strictly on zone starts. Gaborik gets pampered minutes in the team's offensive zone while Bergeron gets shifts away from the offensive zone.

If we had Bergeron instead of Gaborik, I think we'd be even better in the standings too be honest. Ask the Bruins fans on what they think of the deal, they'd laugh.
Love Bergeron as a player; guy is a terrific all around player! Gotta admit though that Gaborik would look good in the Bruins gold and black and they could add a yellow stripe down Gabby's back!