HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marian Gaborik - ByE HiM OOUtT!

Old
05-22-2012, 10:55 PM
trilobyte

vCash: 500
The last thing I want to see is Gaborik bought out, or traded. Remember the idea about strengthening the team up front by adding another major piece? That's the kind of thing that max out Gaborik's value.

That doesn't mean I am not let down by his play in this series, but Richards is under-achieving too, and even the grinder inspirational players aren't doing it. Kreider has been a silver bullet, thank the lord for his arrival.

Still, regardless of the outcome of this series, I am nowhere near giving up on Gaborik, quite the opposite. The entire team needs to pick it up, and watch Gabby improve along with them.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 11:01 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 561
Watch Gabby net a hat trick tomorrow rendering this thread null and void.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 11:01 PM
jskramer83

Normally in the game of hockey when you have the amount of shots we have been getting with no goals the issue is we don't have players grinding in front of the net, or setting screens.

I think this i a bigger issue then Gaborik, he needs someone to screen brodeur for him, and neither hagelin nor Richards are that type of player. Maybe try a guy like Callahan or Dubinsky, they would happily park there ass in front, and I'd be happy to keep them from controlling the puck in the offensive zone.

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 11:49 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I sure hope so just so I don't have to read this bs bashing of him.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 12:06 AM
Pizza

Quote:
That would be wonderful.

Going into these last three games there are so many guys that need to step up big, but Gabby probably the most.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 12:10 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
And when he doesn't?

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
And when he doesn't?
THEN **** THAT LAZY ENIGMATIC EUROPEAN FLOATER!!!!11!1!!!

We need you Gabby.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 12:16 AM
PromNite
This is awkward...

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
And when he doesn't?
If he doesn't, I'm willing to bet that no forward stands out and we are pinned in our own zone for the majority of the game. And Gaborik will still somehow be grilled by you and a few other "special" posters.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:34 AM
TKG
Registered Excuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
No, I just don't think it is fair for Gaborik to get his criticism, or the amount that he has been getting (which I think is unjustified) when there are OTHER pieces of the team, VERY IMPORTANT PIECES (Callahan) whom get the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not here to bash Callahan. I'm pointing out his flaws in comparison and contrast to Gaborik. I was not one to criticize Gaborik last season, and I'm not doing it now. I know he has to produce more. We all do. But the same can be said for a multitude of players on this team.

I feel like there is a notion that since Callahan blocks shots, typically tries hard, is American, etc, he "cares" more then anyone else. He might care more then Gaborik. But I can't buy into the "heartless" arguments that Gaborik receives. I think if Callahan has earned the benefit of the doubt, as you claim, for his consistent play for the New York Rangers club and fan base, so too has Gaborik for scoring 40+ goals two of the last three seasons. Gaborik has been a BIG piece of this teams success.

Bottom line, collectively, Gaborik, Callahan, Richards, Hagelin, etc, need to produce more and play more consistently against the Devils.

Callahan has earned the benefit of the doubt. Richards earned the benefit of the doubt after a lackluster season, hot March, and a solid first two rounds (currently invisible against the Devils), and Gaborik still hasn't earned his "benefit of the doubt" after being on the team for three seasons and scoring over 100 goals in that short time frame (as well as being an integral piece in beating the Capitals in a 7 game set). Do you think the amount of criticism Gaborik receives, next to the other big pieces on the team, is truly justified?

Like I said before, no matter how we classify Callahan, his role on the team is to be a top two-way forward who can score ~30 goals / 55-60 points. He's a big part of our teams success. Whether we forced him into that role or not, he's taken on the role, and for the most part the past two seasons he has succeeded at it. When he isn't doing the job, we brush it under the rug. We can't do that for Gaborik. And I think a lot of that has to do with (a) his cap hit, (b) being European, and (c) strictly offensive nature.

Isn't that because it CAN be brushed under a rug if Callahan is being a two way forward? Doesn't he help in other areas?

You can't brush it under a rug because Gaborik is paid to SCORE. Not because where he's from. His cap hit is fine.

His offensive nature is to do what try to beat three guys and lose the puck?

TKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:48 AM
TKG
Registered Excuser

[QUOTE=Kershaw;50018417]Bergeron is being utilized as a defense first type player in Claude Julien's system, yet he still puts up respectable numbers and point totals. If Torts were to use Bergeron like Gaborik, he'd score a lot more points too. I'm talking strictly on zone starts. Gaborik gets pampered minutes in the team's offensive zone while Bergeron gets shifts away from the offensive zone.

If we had Bergeron instead of Gaborik, I think we'd be even better in the standings too be honest. Ask the Bruins fans on what they think of the deal, they'd laugh.[/
QUOTE]

Are these the side effects of eating pubes?

Old
05-23-2012, 10:58 AM
TKG
Registered Excuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Players have different abilities, Stamkos is better than Callahan at scoring, but Callahan is better than him at blocking shots. How is Bergeron better than Callahan, other than a cup and a selke? He makes his linemates better? Ok and Callahan hits anything that moves. Callahan scores more goals but puts less assists up but i still rather have Callahan, he is one of those players you don't want to get rid of IMO, i'm a big Callahan fan.

Wow. What a homer.

I'll take Stamkos over Callahan even if Stamkos didn't block a single shot all year long.AINEC. At all.

And usually when you make your linemates better, it makes you better as a hockey player. Plus having a Selke and a Cup makes you accomplished.

Didn't notice you were such a huge Callahan fan......You justified it by mentioning how he blocks shots and hits.... Over a STAMKOS and a Selke winner.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:00 AM
pwoz

Quote:
It's not a regular season game against Toronto.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
That's why he was brought to this team. Make a difference, Marian!!!

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:03 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
And when he doesn't?
He'll still be a player with multiple 40 goal seasons under his belt and numbers that approach Hall of Fame levels?

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:05 AM
TKG
Registered Excuser

[QUOTE=NewYorkRangers89;50021453]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Did I say to get rid of Callahan? No. I said that Bergeron is a better player. Bergeron plays defense just like Callahan. Only thing is, they go about it differently. Callahan hits. Bergeron is closer to Datsyuk in the sense that he's all about positioning with his stick.

Bergeron IS better offensively. He knows what he's doing on the rush. Callahan looked like a lost puppy on the 3 on 2 yesterday. Killed a good chance by taking a low percentage shot. And Bergeron will forecheck too. Plus, with a playmaker like Bergeron, maybe they'd actually get some chances from their forecheck. It's a while bunch of board play. Not a whole bunch of quality shots. This team refuses to go to the middle of the ice.

I swear, I'm going to break something if I see Callahan make one more blind backhand pass from the corner to the slot. It's annoying, it's useless, and it causes a turnover.[/QUOTEH

How is Bergeron better offensively? He is good on the rush? And Callahan had a bad 3 on 2 yesterday, i guess that was the worst part of the game then? I guess it's Callahans fault right.

WE HAVE a PLAYMAKER, Brad Richards, why add another one?? Bergeron will cure our scoring problems right? I can think of 5 other players i would want before him.
It's OK to have more than one of same type of player on your team though. We have A Playmaker Brad Richards thats it.

And this game is easy to about the 5 players I can think of,too before Bergeron.

Ready. Count to 3.

Malkin.Crosby.Stamkos.Datsyuk.Zetterberg.Kane.Toew s.Weber.

I did that by 3. And gave you extra.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:09 AM
TKG
Registered Excuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
If he doesn't, I'm willing to bet that no forward stands out and we are pinned in our own zone for the majority of the game. And Gaborik will still somehow be grilled by you and a few other "special" posters.

I still LOL after reading this.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

What a dumb thread. Buyout a 40g scorer...

No, let's not trade an extremely valuable player for assets. Buy him out instead. That makes a whole lotta sense right there. OP is full of fail.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:34 AM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Fun Fact:

In the Rangers last run to the ECF, your very own Adam Graves scored a whopping 2 goals and 1 assist in 15 games after scoring 33 in the regular season.

Obviously, Graves brings quite a bit more to the table than Gaborik does in terms of toughness and checking, but this should be a bit of an eye opener for some of you.

haohmaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Deathdealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Fun Fact:

In the Rangers last run to the ECF, your very own Adam Graves scored a whopping 2 goals and 1 assist in 15 games after scoring 33 in the regular season.

Obviously, Graves brings quite a bit more to the table than Gaborik does in terms of toughness and checking, but this should be a bit of an eye opener for some of you.
fun fact, they arnt even close in talent. gabby has 31 more points in 430 less games played

Deathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:43 AM
FOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
Normally in the game of hockey when you have the amount of shots we have been getting with no goals the issue is we don't have players grinding in front of the net, or setting screens.

I think this i a bigger issue then Gaborik, he needs someone to screen brodeur for him, and neither hagelin nor Richards are that type of player. Maybe try a guy like Callahan or Dubinsky, they would happily park there ass in front, and I'd be happy to keep them from controlling the puck in the offensive zone.
That is what gets frustrating with this team. When they get players to the front of the net they score. When they play on the perimeter or even behind the net, much more difficult to score.

FOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:59 AM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathdealer View Post
fun fact, they arnt even close in talent. gabby has 31 more points in 430 less games played
And Gabby has 10 points to Graves' 3.

haohmaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 12:07 PM
evilllempire*

Send a message via AIM to evilllempire*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
What a dumb thread. Buyout a 40g scorer...

No, let's not trade an extremely valuable player for assets. Buy him out instead. That makes a whole lotta sense right there. OP is full of fail.
LOL.....relax buddy. It's obviously not an option......just Team talk amongst fans. Super Gullible if you feel it is even serious

evilllempire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 12:13 PM
evilllempire*

Send a message via AIM to evilllempire*
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
And Gabby has 10 points to Graves' 3.
so whats the point there? sure Gravy had only 2 goals in the post season (though one of them was a Mateauesque wraparound in 2 OT vs Marty).

There were OTHER guys who stepped up huge.. "Playoff Type Performers" like Tikkanen who scored 9 GOALS in 15 games!!! And Gretzky was Greatzky in that season that counted.

Our team is not scoring......it starts at the top with Gaborik. Sure the rest of the forwards have to play better.....but your best players have to be your best players right now right? Gabby needs to STEP UP!!!

evilllempire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Gaborik a hat trick? In the playoffs?? I didn't know we were playing the Oilers or Maple Leafs!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Quote:
If that happens I'll eat a whole buffett of crow

Hollywood Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote