HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you trade Kane for

Old
05-20-2012, 08:57 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey36 View Post
Awww, whats the matter, skippy. Cant take it when someone doesnt agree with your hero worship of Kaner? Get over yourself. Im not the only one who has questioned just how serious and dedicated Kane is to winning. Stop talking about 2010 like it matters anymore. How about you step into 2012 with the rest of us instead of living in the past. Since they won the cup, Kane has gotten lazy and has stopped being the playmaker that he used to be. I know, I know. The truth hurts. Just sayin'!
As for Kaner going out and getting hammered in May, Im not worried about that. What I am worried about is him not showing up day in a day out from October-June.
Sure, Kaner has game. The problem is that those moments are too few and far between. If he wants to be this star that you seem to think he still is, he need to start playing like said star.
If any of what you said was the truth, it may.. but it's not, so it doesn't.

Those moments of "game" are so far-and-in-between for Kaner that he still managed to put up 65 points, despite playing a majority of the season in a position he had never played and with the Hawks having an absolutely awful PP.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:01 PM
Badger36

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post

Those moments of "game" are so far-and-in-between for Kaner that he still managed to put up 65 points, despite playing a majority of the season in a position he had never played and with the Hawks having an absolutely awful PP.
Denial aint just a river in Egypt, friend. About Kaner and supposedly never playing center, get real. He was a center all when he was growing up and playing junior hockey. Sounds like someone is a Kaner apologist.
Kaner was 35th in points this season. Thats pathetic. Even Ovi had more points than Kane. Heck, Sharpie and Hossa had more points than Kaner this season. Like I said, Im not worried about Kane burning the Hawks if he were to get traded. Hes a good player, yes but not a great player. Unless he seriously steps up his game, I dont see him making the HOF.

Last edited by Badger36: 05-20-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Badger36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:07 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Denial aint just a river in Egypt, friend. About Kaner and supposedly never playing center, get real. He was a center all when he was growing up and playing junior hockey. Sounds like someone is a Kaner apologist.
Kane didn't play any centre in the USNTDP or in London. He may have played some centre when he was 12-14, but he's been a RW throughout his entire Junior and Professional career.

Sounds like someone doesn't have a clue what they're talking about. Hard to believe.

Old
05-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Hawks82

Quote:

Not to mention he stepped up just about every game Toews was down. This team doesn't make the playoffs without Kane.

Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:11 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Kaner was 35th in points this season. Thats pathetic. Even Ovi had more points than Kane. Heck, Sharpie and Hossa had more points than Kaner this season. Like I said, Im not worried about Kane burning the Hawks if he were to get traded. Hes a good player, yes but not a great player. Unless he seriously steps up his game, I dont see him making the HOF.
Are you even a Hawks fan? Your comments suggest otherwise.

The Hawks PP was awful, there was nothing wrong with Kane's 5-on-5 scoring. There were alot of nights this year where Kane came away with no points, despite creating numerous chances and being the best player on the ice, for either team. He is a great player, his accomplishments speak for themselves. One down season doesn't take away from that.

Old
05-20-2012, 09:17 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Hawks Offseason WOAT

Quote:
Are you even a Hawks fan? Your comments suggest otherwise.

The Hawks PP was awful, there was nothing wrong with Kane's 5-on-5 scoring. There were alot of nights this year where Kane came away with no points, despite creating numerous chances and being the best player on the ice, for either team. He is a great player, his accomplishments speak for themselves. One down season doesn't take away from that.
I agree with this. I thought this was just an off year for Kane...and as "off years" go, it wasn't a horrible year...it just wasn't up to his standards.

I think he'll be better next year, but he needs the right linemates. He's a play maker and needs someone who can finish...

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 10:36 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Do just so we're all clear, every Hawks fan on this board still appreciated Kane for what he is except for this Hawkey dude?

Ok. Just want to make sure I'm not going crazy

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 10:40 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Do just so we're all clear, every Hawks fan on this board still appreciated Kane for what he is except for this Hawkey dude?

Yeah, it seems as if he's alone on this one, as he should be.

A lot can be said about Kane. But the guy has proven to have a very strong work ethic off the ice... I understand that people are drawn to his "incidents" (can they even be called that?) but by all accounts he is a workout freak that does all he can to be in great shape for the beginning of the season (did our dear Hawkey miss this past offseason and what Kane did during it? Hm).

The guy drank in May, so let's all ignore how hard he has worked to be in shape and how successful he has helped make this once-dead organization. Sound fair?

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 10:47 PM
xX Hot Fuss

If Bowman trades Kane it would be a sign to me that the Hawks organization is floundering and might not have my loyalty ($$$) for very much longer

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 10:57 PM
DayNah
Ship it donk!

vCash: 561
Quote:
If Bowman trades Kane it would be a sign to me that the Hawks organization is floundering and might not have my loyalty ($$$) for very much longer
I hope they don't plan on trading him, but if the right offer comes along I wouldn't lose a whole lotta sleep. Again it has to be the right deal. Kane is elite but he's not the best player in the league.

DayNah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 11:07 PM
Nothingman
I Got ID

I cannot imagine he is on the trading block. The return would be excellent, that is for sure. Hopefully he develops another move in the off season other than the turn over at the blue line like he mastered this past year

Nothingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 11:17 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Hawks Offseason WOAT

Quote:

yeah. he definitely shouldn't be traded. i only like talking about what a good trade for him would be b/c there's nothing else to talk about right now. if someone started a "Value of Toews" thread, I'd contribute to that, too.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 11:21 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by giza View Post
Lucic, Hamilton and Caron. Thoughts???????
haha im sorry but this is seriously a terrible proposal

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 01:04 AM
Pepe Silvia

vCash: 1344
who would you rather have, kane or parise? tough choice

Pepe Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 02:51 AM
ndgt10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayNah View Post
Kane is elite but he's not the best player in the league.
Wouldn't believe it with the way Kane is loved around here.

ndgt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 02:55 AM
Pepe Silvia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
Wouldn't believe it with the way Kane is loved around here.
i don't think anyone really believes kane is the best player in the league

Old
05-21-2012, 02:57 AM
Rexy

Quote:
denial was never a river in egypt. You must be thinking of "The Nile"

And Kane didn't play Center in London. Unless by juniors you mean, before juniors.

Rexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:48 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Kane gets too much hate. Guy is great and played 5 years already. He will only get better

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 03:40 PM
H a w k s

Basically, Evander Kane, Bogosian and the jets and Hawks switch 1sts.

Not happening on either sides but that's what I'd need to move Kaner. A young 6 six forward, a young D with top pairing potential.

H a w k s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Pepe Silvia

Quote:
Originally Posted by H a w k s View Post
Basically, Evander Kane, Bogosian and the jets and Hawks switch 1sts.

Not happening on either sides but that's what I'd need to move Kaner. A young 6 six forward, a young D with top pairing potential.
interesting....

i can't imagine pat kane in winnipeg though lol, nor do i really want him to be traded

Old
05-23-2012, 12:38 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

can't we just stop all this trade Kane talk?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote