HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECF | Game 5 | 5/23/12 | Devils @ Rangers | 8:00 PM | NBC SPORTS, CBC

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2012, 11:08 AM
EEDAWGZ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theJUMPER View Post

LGR

Old
05-23-2012, 11:11 AM
EEDAWGZ

Mitchell doesn't sit , IMO

Old
05-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I think Mitchell will be missed if he sits...IF the rest of the team sleepwalks their way through the first half of the game AGAIN. I know he's not the most skilled player in the world, but at least he was skating at the same level the Devils are skating at. Can't say that about too many Rangers right now.

Doesn't matter how skilled you are if you never have the puck.
I've got my concerns as well JG, but you've got to believe that Dubi is really 100% ready to go if Tortorella is going to sit someone that's already into the "rhythm" of the series, at 100% game shape and has not played poorly, albeit in a limited role.

I think you could actually make a better case for sitting someone like Anisimov. His strength this postseason has really been his work behind the net, but Brodeur isn't allowing anyone an opportunity to pick up the puck back there and Ani just isn't able to create the same quality if chances for his linemates. I have my concerns about that kind of move as well and I'm not sure I'd have the balls to sit a guy with 3 points in this series....just thinking about tweaks to the game strategy that address a specific need.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:12 AM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Leave Rupp in. Someone on the Devils will be dumb enough to go after him
Not so sure about retaliation. The Devils have been one of the most disciplined teams during the playoffs. They were especially composed near the latter portion of the Flyers series when things got a little chippy.

Can only see them getting nasty if there is a two or three goal lead and with this Rangers team that is kind of unlikely...

Old
05-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Riverdale

Dubi in ??

If so, i'm excited, hopefully he can bring some MUCH NEEDED energy and offense to the team. Even if he doesn't score for us, he can get everyone else going.

LETS ****ING GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
05-23-2012, 11:14 AM
frankthefrowner

Yea there will be no retaliation at this stage.. that'll be next year no doubt.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:15 AM
FOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I think Mitchell will be missed if he sits...IF the rest of the team sleepwalks their way through the first half of the game AGAIN. I know he's not the most skilled player in the world, but at least he was skating at the same level the Devils are skating at. Can't say that about too many Rangers right now.

Doesn't matter how skilled you are if you never have the puck.
Dubi brings exactly the same things Mitchell brings with hopefully some more scoring touch. Can also do more than Mitchell (PK)

Old
05-23-2012, 11:15 AM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEDAWGZ View Post
Mitchell doesn't sit when he pees
I fixed that for you, but yes he does. He's replaceable. He won a key faceoff in the Caps series and hasn't been a liability out there. Good job, but no way is he better than 85% of Dubinsky or Rupp if he skates like he did before the penalty in the third period of last game.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Seven Years

Devils: 8

Rangers: 5

Old
AKrangerfan

I think one of the keys to winning this game is to make some adjustments.

1)The main one is we have to beat their fore-check. That is what has been killing us. The amount of time spent in our zone defending. What has not been working is to send the puck out to the point where the Devils defense is waiting for it. That sets them up for a shot on net. Why don't we shoot it towards the middle of the ice. If we had a man waiting up high, could be a break away. One way or the other, we have to keep it away from the defense waiting at the point for a shot.

2) Dumping and chasing isn't working. Mary handles the puck too well. Why not shoot it off the boards for a big rebound instead of around the boards? The dump it in, dump it out, chase it down battle the fore-check in our zone, block 20 shots, get it out, dump it in reset, start over again is getting old. This routine is tiring them out and causing the mental mistakes. One of their strengths is how well Mary plays the puck. We have to not play into their strength.

3) Can they skate the puck into the offensive zone instead of dumping and chasing?

Of course they have to play harder and win more of the battles. At this point I think Dehoer is out-coaching Torts.

Old
EEDAWGZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortUWary View Post
Not so sure about retaliation. The Devils have been one of the most disciplined teams during the playoffs. They were especially composed near the latter portion of the Flyers series when things got a little chippy.

Can only see them getting nasty if there is a two or three goal lead and with this Rangers team that is kind of unlikely...
Agreed , plus I don't see who on that team could handle Rupp ,aside from Camilla Jannssen an mike Boulton

Old
05-23-2012, 11:17 AM
EEDAWGZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortUWary View Post
I fixed that for you, but yes he does. He's replaceable. He won a key faceoff in the Caps series and hasn't been a liability out there. Good job, but no way is he better than 85% of Dubinsky or Rupp if he skates like he did before the penalty in the third period of last game.
Okay , go back and watch the last Krieder goal

Anisimov who has done ****

Last edited by Homeland Security: 05-23-2012 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Edit
Old
05-23-2012, 11:18 AM
FOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I've got my concerns as well JG, but you've got to believe that Dubi is really 100% ready to go if Tortorella is going to sit someone that's already into the "rhythm" of the series, at 100% game shape and has not played poorly, albeit in a limited role.

I think you could actually make a better case for sitting someone like Anisimov. His strength this postseason has really been his work behind the net, but Brodeur isn't allowing anyone an opportunity to pick up the puck back there and Ani just isn't able to create the same quality if chances for his linemates. I have my concerns about that kind of move as well and I'm not sure I'd have the balls to sit a guy with 3 points in this series....just thinking about tweaks to the game strategy that address a specific need.
Here's why you don't sit Anisimov regardless of how inconsistent he is. 3 g 6a for 9p (5th leading scorer). Mitchell 0g 1a.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:19 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Thankfully, sanity prevails. Obviously, Rupp is playing over Mitchell. Hey, with any luck, no one else gets hurt this playoffs, we keep winning, and Mitchell never suits up for this team again!

As for Anisimov, granted this hasn't happened often, but he's one of the few guys on the team capable of doing something with the puck in the middle of the ice off the rush. The pass to Kreider comes to mind. Maybe the nicest play any Ranger has made in this series.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:20 AM
nyrleetch

No chance you sit Anisimov.

I'd like Zuccarello over Rupp as well.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:20 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
No chance you sit Anisimov.

I'd like Zuccarello over Rupp as well.
If AA is going to play six minutes again, i'd rather have Mitch play it

Old
05-23-2012, 11:26 AM
EEDAWGZ

Its hilarious that most of you don't remember Mitch totally helping Mcd set up Krieder

Old
05-23-2012, 11:28 AM
SkinneeJ

4 weeks is a pretty big chunk of time. Hopefully this is a new season for Dubi and he can get back to putting the puck in the net.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:34 AM
corduroyg

Quote:
Its hilarious that most of you don't remember Mitch totally helping Mcd set up Krieder

plus he won the faceoff that directly led to staal's ot winner in game 5 against caps. mitchell aint as bad as people say he is. but you definitely want dubi over him.

sounds like bickel over eminger, i dont get it.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
lol...ooo i remember it, and if he made more plays consistently like that then id have no problem with it, but he's not...first time its a fluke, do it a few more and ill want him in the lineup...

sure sounds like mitchell and eminger are both sitting tonight and we will see dubi, bickel, and prust back in the lineup...per all the twitter reports of who is skating after practice

Old
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Quote:
I'm sorry for not immediately recalling the "Johnny Malkin" playoff highlight reel, consisting of two plays on offense and a few of him overplaying the puck in the offensive zone

Old
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

I thought Mitchell was one of the few bright spots last game. Still, Dubinsky > Mitchell no matter what. I would've rested Boyle, the guy is obviously hurt.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:37 AM
toastbag

Yeah to those who expect a retaliation by the Devils, I think you are definitely mistaken as they have been very disciplined so far so I don't see them changing now. Rangers need to come out and play hard from the start like we've been saying all along. If so, they will win tonight.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:37 AM
EEDAWGZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroyg View Post
plus he won the faceoff that directly led to staal's ot winner in game 5 against caps. mitchell aint as bad as people say he is. but you definitely want dubi over him.

sounds like bickel over eminger, i dont get it.
Absolutely , not sure who to sit , but Arty has been irrelevant for a while now

As for Mitchell's consistency your right but he is capable.

Oh well looks like he s sitting. Which most of you probably already knew before posting. Lol

Old
05-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Tundra

Quote:
Mitchell did the Gretzky turnaround inside the blueline. How are Zuccarello and Dubinsky on faceoffs? They aren't as good as Mitchell?

Closed Thread