HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

WCF Gm #5 5/22/12: KINGS Defeat COYOTES in OT 4-3, Win Series 4-1, WE WANT THE CUP !!

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Kingurentai

vCash: 500
So happy for Penner. Glad I kept believing in him. I knew something was off and he was a good player and he'd come through eventually.

Anyway, something just ain't right.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:41 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Bob Cole's call of the goal is so uninspiring. He really needs to hang 'em up.
Agreed, I still don't understand why we got Gary Galley and Bob Cole. No offense to those guys, but CBC should stick with them covering the East and the West getting Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson. I loved Hughson's call on Stoll's goal, you can tell he was into it. Bob Cole doesn't cover the Kings, it's kind of stupid for him & Galley to cover our series, well the end of it anyways

Old
05-23-2012, 11:50 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
I criticized Quick after last game, but he was ****ing amazing tonight. He made an unreal amount of quality saves. Best game he played all series. Even better than the shutout.

The Kings are in the Stanley Cup Finals? What the ****???
Quick's at his best when he gets in the game and faces a decent quantity of shots. Otherwise he gets a little tin man out there. A 1.54GAA and a .946 SV% are no fluke. He's damn good.

and WHAT THE **** indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Agreed, I still don't understand why we got Gary Galley and Bob Cole. No offense to those guys, but CBC should stick with them covering the East and the West getting Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson. I loved Hughson's call on Stoll's goal, you can tell he was into it. Bob Cole doesn't cover the Kings, it's kind of stupid for him & Galley to cover our series, well the end of it anyways
Strader's call on the GWG was terrific. Short and sweet. He was genuinely excited.

CBC will have Simpson, Hughson and Friedman calling the final. NBC will have Emrick, Olczyk and McGuire.

AND NO MORE DAY GAMES! Hallelujah! No freebie to NY/NJ.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:56 AM
caz16

vCash: 664
Congratulations Kings' fans!!

Old
05-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Oogie Boogie

So glad to see the Kings in the Finals.

Makes up for my Canes not making the playoffs.

Old
05-23-2012, 12:00 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

What pisses me off is that I just can't shake the "old Kings" feeling I get when watching these games, when clearly the Kings have demonstrated every reason to believe those days are history.

When the game got to OT, I figured the Kings would lose - particularly after another woeful power play, and then they had to kill a (ridiculous) penalty. Figured game 6 for sure.

That’s what the old Kings would have done. Not the new Kings. Hell of a win. Didn't score first. Gave up the lead in the 2nd. Didn't matter. Still won. ****ing-A.

Old
05-23-2012, 12:06 PM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Quick's at his best when he gets in the game and faces a decent quantity of shots. Otherwise he gets a little tin man out there. A 1.54GAA and a .946 SV% are no fluke. He's damn good.
Agree, Tony. It's to the point where in an overtime period like last night, where the Kings are dominating with all sorts of offense but not scoring, and Quick's just back there all by his lonesome, I get more and more nervous as the game wears on that he's going to let one in. He seems so much more confident when he's getting worked.

Old
05-23-2012, 12:07 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Wow. I TOTALLY disagree. Bob Cole is amazing and still 1000X better than Jim Hughson. Hughson is a HUGE Canucks homer and Simpson is the worst colour man in all of hockey besides John Garrett. I'm SO glad we got Bob Cole this round, it's just too bad he's old and they'll use terrible Hughson for the finals.

Old
05-23-2012, 12:07 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Good to know other LA sports stars are supporting the Kings!

Chris Paul ‏@CP3
This @LAKings game has my nerves bad...these guys are playing hard!!! #GoKings

Chris Paul ‏@CP3
CONGRATS to the @LAKings!!! #StanleyCupFinals

He was also talking some smack with Larry Fitzgerald:

@CP3 Haha u got it man the Kings were a little better 2night. That was a tough L. Hope u and the little man r well he is growing up fast.

Chris Paul ‏@CP3
@LarryFitzgerald lol lemme know if you wanna come to Game 3 with me of the finals!!!

Last edited by Vamos Rafa: 05-23-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old
05-23-2012, 12:15 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

there just isn't enough material to read about the kings... How many times do I have to reload this stuff?

Old
05-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
What pisses me off is that I just can't shake the "old Kings" feeling I get when watching these games, when clearly the Kings have demonstrated every reason to believe those days are history.
Well said. Even with the Kings being up 3-0 I still got those feelings that something terrible might happen.

It's like I tell my buddies here in Chicago, being a Kings fan is kind of like being a Cubs fan. I've been waiting now for that Bartman moment to happen with the Kings being up 3-0 in all these series. It's hard not to shake those feelings, it's part of being a Kings fan.

I think having eight days off will hopefully let things sink in just how amazing a run this has been for the team and us fans.

Old
05-23-2012, 12:18 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Wow. I TOTALLY disagree. Bob Cole is amazing and still 1000X better than Jim Hughson. Hughson is a HUGE Canucks homer and Simpson is the worst colour man in all of hockey besides John Garrett. I'm SO glad we got Bob Cole this round, it's just too bad he's old and they'll use terrible Hughson for the finals.
I'm not hating on Bob Cole, all I'm saying is commentators should stick to what they know best. I don't remember the last time Galley or Cole covered us. Hughson and Simpson did us in a bunch of late night CBC games, also the Canucks series 2 years ago and the first round this year. Maybe I'm just not the biggest Cole fan cuz he's a Maple Leaf homer and I can't stand them lol, regardless, should be a great finals

Old
05-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
there just isn't enough material to read about the kings... How many times do I have to reload this stuff?
This...my heads going to explode!

Old
05-23-2012, 12:20 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
Or videos, this is ridiculous. The best was 2 years ago, when it was Flyers-Blackhawks and Cabbie on the Street was still airing on the Score (In Canada). He would go into the lockerooms after every game, he even got to drink out of the cup and stuff, that's pretty cool. I know he's close with Carter, Richards, Stoll and Penner, hopefully he does another segment with those boys or gets locker room access

Old
05-23-2012, 12:24 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
I'm not hating on Bob Cole, all I'm saying is commentators should stick to what they know best. I don't remember the last time Galley or Cole covered us. Hughson and Simpson did us in a bunch of late night CBC games, also the Canucks series 2 years ago and the first round this year. Maybe I'm just not the biggest Cole fan cuz he's a Maple Leaf homer and I can't stand them lol, regardless, should be a great finals
Ya, and I also have a huge bias towards Cole because I've listened to him call the most memorable and historic games in NHL history for the past 30 years. KInd of like how my dad and all his friends say Foster Hewitt was the best ever. It's only because he was a huge part of their childhood and everything great they've ever known and seen in the NHL, just like Cole was to me.

Old
05-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Good to know other LA sports stars are supporting the Kings!

Chris Paul ‏@CP3
This @LAKings game has my nerves bad...these guys are playing hard!!! #GoKings

Chris Paul ‏@CP3
CONGRATS to the @LAKings!!! #StanleyCupFinals

He was also talking some smack with Larry Fitzgerald:

@CP3 Haha u got it man the Kings were a little better 2night. That was a tough L. Hope u and the little man r well he is growing up fast.

Chris Paul ‏@CP3
@LarryFitzgerald lol lemme know if you wanna come to Game 3 with me of the finals!!!
Not much of a basketball fan anymore but I have always liked Chris Paul, he seems humble and down to Earth, which you can't really say about most NBA players.

Happy he is supporting the Kings.

Old
05-23-2012, 12:29 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I love that Brown is cheap but Hanzal boards him and that is what exactly? Morris knees Scuder and that is what? Rosival takes a dive on a weak ass slash and the Kings are the divers? It is amazing that people can see things so one sided. I think the refs missed a lot of calls during those games. There were some calls were questionable but they went both ways. The Phoenix players should quit making excuses because everything they are blaming the Kings for, they are guilty of themselves. They were diving all over the place. They were making what could be deemed as dirty plays and they have the nerve to call the kettle black. I hate to say it but you can put some blame on their coach for going on his reffing tirade after game 2 or 3 (whatever it was). That is just your players following your lead, Dave.

Last edited by Buddy The Elf: 05-23-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old
05-23-2012, 12:31 PM
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

The Kings going on this amazing playoff run has severely ruined my school productivity! Oh well back to studying I go.

Old
05-23-2012, 12:34 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I love that Brown is cheap but Hanzal boards him and that is what exactly? Morris knees Scuder and that is what? Rosival takes a dive on a weak ass slash and the Kings are the divers? It is amazing that people can see things so one sided. I think the refs missed a lot of calls during those games. The some calls were questionable but they went both ways.
What else do you expect from a team and group of players that has Shane Doan as their leader. Tells you about all you need to know about that group.

The post game comments by Doan and Yandle sound like something you would hear from a couple of 17 year old kids after a high school football game, not from two professional hockey players with letters on their jerseys. What a disgrace those two are.

It will make me sick having to cheer for Keith Yandle in Sochi. Why couldn't he be Canadian.

Old
05-23-2012, 12:41 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
What else do you expect from a team and group of players that has Shane Doan as their leader. Tells you about all you need to know about that group.

The post game comments by Doan and Yandle sound like something you would hear from a couple of 17 year old kids after a high school football game, not from two professional hockey players with letters on their jerseys. What a disgrace those two are.

It will make me sick having to cheer for Keith Yandle in Sochi. Why couldn't he be Canadian.
I honestly didn't expect that but like I said in my editted post, they are just following their coaches lead. They don't honestly believe they lost 4 games because the refs do they? Well, I think Gann answered that question in his article. They all backed off those statements a bit later on and gave credit to the Kings. I don't believe for a second that you would hear that type of nonsense from the Kings players had they lost or should they lose in the finals.

It is just a joke to me that Tippett brings up diving. Did he see Rosival (i dont' give a **** how you spell his name) flopping around? He first slashes Penner, then Penner gives him a soft one back and you'd think he stepped in a bear trap. I really though Rosival was acting after that Brown hit but once he tried to get up, it was clear he was in pain (knee or charlie horse).

Old
05-23-2012, 12:44 PM
William H Bonney

No hearing for Brown per Kevin Allen. Only will surprise the classless Yotes.

Old
05-23-2012, 12:50 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
The morning after, and all that stuff about the Kings being whining divers is that much more obviously not about the Kings at all, but about other teams' frustration. The Kings are a focal point for those frustrations, with good reason. They've become a screen onto which people project their anger and disappointment about their own performance. This is what success looks like.

Old
05-23-2012, 12:59 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovacro View Post
I am gonna miss the chick with the nice rack behind the Yotes bench but it is well worth it.
Oh man, me too. I think Sutter was on camera a dozen times each game and I have no clue what color suit he's wearing until the post game pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
This is the best early birthday present ever. (birthday is tomorrow) oh my gosh.. i'm just in awe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I just said that! Mines in a week. Happy early bday we got you a banner I hope it fits.
Happy birthday both of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
You guys watching this dumbass Craig Button whining about Brown's hit? He's calling for a penalty and saying it was unnecessary. Can't stand this tool.
Anyone have a clip of what Mittens is saying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
I don't know, I felt like Richards did the right thing be touching it that year. That team went through a lot to make it to the finals and it did feel like a big achievement to make it. That said, I think Brown was right in not touching it because the Kings have steamrolled through the Western Conference and you can see in their eyes that they really have no interest in anything besides the Cup.
I think, considering the way the game ended with the Roszival hit and the littering of garbage, it could have caused another scene potentially if Brown picked it up and celebrated IMO. I still wish he had, but I'm cool with him not too, for whatever reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I refuse to buy a Western Conf Championship T-Shirt.

If the Kings were to lose in the Finals I would buy one to honor the amazing run, but at this point the next Kings shirt I want to buy will say Stanley Cup Champions.
I want both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorJeep View Post
Come PSP, even you've got to be loving this!!
I doubt we see PSP, etc. They are always away at 'work' or something when we have success. PSP should be a friggin millionaire with all the OT he's likely putting in right now to keep him away from these boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenRoyalty View Post
Love it Gann. Absolutely love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Good to hear.

I'm disappointed in the post-game stuff from the Coyotes, especially in the line up, as well as what Yandle said. I can understand what Doan said to the cameras, but not in the line up. Smith meanwhile should get a lengthy tongue lashing from the Yotes in the off-season, telling him to extract his head from his rearend and stop acting like an assclown. The guy was a disgrace all series, hacking and slashing anyone even looking at his crease. If anyone should be suspended for his actions this series, it was him (even more than Hanzal). Smith was a disgrace and an embarrassment and it's shocking to think that someone playing like that represented the NHL on a premier level.

Old
05-23-2012, 01:02 PM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
The morning after, and all that stuff about the Kings being whining divers is that much more obviously not about the Kings at all, but about other teams' frustration. The Kings are a focal point for those frustrations, with good reason. They've become a screen onto which people project their anger and disappointment about their own performance. This is what success looks like.
Exactly. Everyone loves you until you threaten them by winning. This is the case in every sport. And probably most aspects of life, as well.

Old
05-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Yea I still can't get over how the Phoenix players reacted.

I know it's an emotional game and all, but conduct yourself a little better will ya?

The refs EASILY missed as many calls against us as they did against them. In the end it's a wash, and we beat them outright in four games.

Closed Thread