HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thanks to Dustin Brown.

Old
05-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Blackhawksgrl65

vCash: 500
As a Hawks fan, gotta say Brown is such an amazing player. I remember when the trade rumors were going on, and that was about the time LA was playing the Hawks. Brown came out and played like a man on fire. He had a hat-trick in that game, and I was amazed. Best of luck to Brown and Quick and the boys the rest of the series and in the finals!

Blackhawksgrl65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Dave33
Still smiling

I'm getting a big laugh at how Phx fans are attempting to characterize him as cheap. Yeah, he may embellish every now and then, but otherwise he is as clean as it gets. Considering how much he hits, that's saying something. Brown > Doan, AINEC!

Dave33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

HA ! Hammond ...

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/05/16...-robo-captain/

new Hollywood Playoff Avatar Idea

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Pharseer

vCash: 50
Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Dude, you are one tough son of a *****. Regardless of what happens on the rest of this wild ride, I just want to say thanks. You have been a pleasure to watch.
Brown is one tough warrior, that's our Captain!

No matter what happens from here on out, you are to be respected. Thanks for all you do, whether it's hitting, scoring or drawing penalties, or scoring shorties!

Pharseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 09:45 PM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil227 View Post

Awesome

Dooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 09:51 PM
Scottkmlps

Brown has the taste for the Cup like a shark smells blood in the water. He really has turned into a great captain and you can see how he's got the whole team believing and following his lead.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2012, 10:07 PM
riznat

Wanted him traded all season long, hes been incredible since the trade deadline. I can't think of anyone I would trade Brown for during these playoffs. Hes been pretty much perfect.

riznat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 12:45 PM
SLang

Come on, after last night, this thread HAS TO get bumped.

For posterity, and whether or not you think the game 5 hit on Roszival was clean or borderline, there is NO denying that it basically led to the Kings OT goal by Penner.

It's clear Brown was in their heads. From the first drop of the puck after the hit, Phoenix's lack of composure was evident, they were out of position, and the Kings made them pay by sending them home.

Dustin Brown: 29 teams (and their fans) hate him - 30 teams (and their fans) want him.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
To have watched this kid go from his first rookie camp to where he is now has been a real privilege.
He really has come such a long way. I was at his first NHL game in Detroit, which feels like a lifetime ago. I remember he had played really well in the pre-season and kind of forced the Kings to keep him on the roster, but he probably shouldn't have been in the NHL, you could see he was very talented but another year dominating in the OHL probably would have been much better for his career.

He has come such a long way not only as a player, but as a person and a leader. And I think the confidence he will have gained from this run will make him a much better player going forward. He turns 28 next season, still plenty of prime years left, hopefully as captain of the Kings.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Come on, after last night, this thread HAS TO get bumped.

For posterity, and whether or not you think the game 5 hit on Roszival was clean or borderline, there is NO denying that it basically led to the Kings OT goal by Penner.

It's clear Brown was in their heads. From the first drop of the puck after the hit, Phoenix's lack of composure was evident, they were out of position, and the Kings made them pay by sending them home.

Dustin Brown: 29 teams (and their fans) hate him - 30 teams (and their fans) want him.
SLang,

Your 1,000% correct. This is the reason teams need players like Brown. He plays on that edge he is a pest. After the hit the Yotes players stopped thinking about the game and wanted Brown or any King's head. Hanzel hits Voynov which leads to an out numbered attack which led to the goal. If the game goes into the 2nd overtime it would have given them time to cool down and remember the task at hand.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 01:13 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

games like these makes me love the anti-Brown arguments I always had to have. Such sweet sweet bliss.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by slang View Post
come on, after last night, this thread has to get bumped.

For posterity, and whether or not you think the game 5 hit on roszival was clean or borderline, there is no denying that it basically led to the kings ot goal by penner.

It's clear brown was in their heads. From the first drop of the puck after the hit, phoenix's lack of composure was evident, they were out of position, and the kings made them pay by sending them home.

dustin brown: 29 teams (and their fans) hate him - 30 teams (and their fans) want him.
QFT. Well said.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 01:21 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Dustin Brown= Claude Lemeiux.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
games like these makes me love the anti-Brown arguments I always had to have. Such sweet sweet bliss.
I hope some of people who trashed Brown for years have finally realized that he is never going to be an Adam Deadmarsh or Cam Neely type player and just appreciate him for what he is.

It makes me happy that Brown and Kopitar have been the best players on the Kings during this run, they kind of represent the old guard to me, they have been through a lot of bad years and criticism from the fan base and it's great to see them enjoying this and leading the team on the ice.

Old
05-23-2012, 01:43 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
I'm getting a big laugh at how Phx fans are attempting to characterize him as cheap. Yeah, he may embellish every now and then, but otherwise he is as clean as it gets. Considering how much he hits, that's saying something. Brown > Doan, AINEC!
QFT.

Brownie is playing the game the way it should be played. His game has advanced to a whole new level, I am still just so outrageously happy right now!

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 01:47 PM
nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Except Brown lives in a house and not a shell.

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 01:50 PM
SLang

Even though I have watched Brown his entire Kings career, I can't remember if he has ever been suspended or even faced supplemental discipline. I don't believe he has, has he? These things are not exactly easy to search for.

Last edited by SLang: 05-23-2012 at 02:08 PM.
SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 01:54 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I hope some of people who trashed Brown for years have finally realized that he is never going to be an Adam Deadmarsh or Cam Neely type player and just appreciate him for what he is.

It makes me happy that Brown and Kopitar have been the best players on the Kings during this run, they kind of represent the old guard to me, they have been through a lot of bad years and criticism from the fan base and it's great to see them enjoying this and leading the team on the ice.
I still remember to this day how happy I was that the NY Rangers drafted "Huge Specimen" (Hugh Jessiman) before us because I just knew DT was infatuated with him and his size.... forcing DT to pick Dustin Brown. Rangers single handedly changed the face of our franchise with their move.

Then there was Richards, a second favorite pick of mine. At the time I couldn't believe he had fallen so low and there was getting to be a good shot we would have a crack at him. But, of course, Philly picks him up 2 spots before us. Man, to have both of my favorite heart and soul players from the 2k3 draft is a dream. I really love this team.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 02:11 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
I still remember to this day how happy I was that the NY Rangers drafted "Huge Specimen" (Hugh Jessiman) before us because I just knew DT was infatuated with him and his size....
I was at the draft party with board member Ziggy Stardust. I remember neither one of us wanted Jessiman (I think I wanted Brown and he wanted Getzlaf) Bob mentioned Jessiman by name so I think you were right about DT going for him. Thank God we ended up with Brown, even though we struck out with the other two picks.

Amazing the Kings have three first rounders in a draft loaded with star players and only end up with Brown. Then two years later in a much weaker draft DT ends up drafting two franchise caliber star players.

2003 probably cost DT and Al Murray their jobs, but 2005 atleast salvaged their legacies.

Old
05-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Even though I have watched Brown his entire Kings career, I can't remember if he has ever been suspended or even faced supplemental discipline. I don't believe he has, has he? These things are not exactly easy to search for.
He's never had a hearing, and it looks like it will stay that way.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 02:20 PM
TheSlovenian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
He's never had a hearing, and it looks like it will stay that way.
Brown is such a dirty player .

TheSlovenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 02:21 PM
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
He really has come such a long way. I was at his first NHL game in Detroit, which feels like a lifetime ago. I remember he had played really well in the pre-season and kind of forced the Kings to keep him on the roster, but he probably shouldn't have been in the NHL, you could see he was very talented but another year dominating in the OHL probably would have been much better for his career. He has come such a long way not only as a player, but as a person and a leader. And I think the confidence he will have gained from this run will make him a much better player going forward. He turns 28 next season, still plenty of prime years left, hopefully as captain of the Kings.
Agreed. But thanks to the lockout of 2004-05 Brown got to spend an entire uninterupted second professional season in the AHL with Manchester. That helped make up for the injury shortened rookie season mentioned.

BallPointHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 02:32 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

The kid is just a warrior. Had his chance to take a shot at Doan and Hanzal in the postgame interview when he was asked about their comments in the handshake line and had no comment other than giving credit to the Phoenix players and their entire organization.

That is class my friends. That is the kind of MAN we want to have representing our team as the captain.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:12 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Not even close. Claude Lemiuex was just a somewhat more talented Steve Ott. Dustin Brown is not even close to Steve Ott.

Quote:
Not according to TSN: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=2289

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:34 PM
ZJames

He got suspended for a hit on Anti Miettinen a few years ago against the wild. I remember how mad i was, cause Anti put himself in a vulnerable position right before brown finished the check.

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote