HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Predators Off-Season 2012 Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2012, 10:51 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
It was said in the post season presser by poile that Suter was going to let Poile know his intentions in two weeks. This week is two weeks and it is Wed. He is not going to sign. If he was it would be coming out that he is working with management on a deal. Read all the tea leafs from the guys who are involved. They might not be confirmed but they usually end up being true. If you want to hold on that fine but i hope this board isnt filled with crying when he goes. The post was made weeks ago for that.
Do media outlets have wiretaps?

i don't think there will be crying on the board, as Suter has earned the UFA status.

Old
05-23-2012, 10:52 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
i've seen a philly beat guy mention it, as well as a vancouver beat guy mentioning it as the "buzz" around the hockey world. this was around the same time that it was rumored that suter had a list of teams he'd sign with after july 1, and nashville wasn't even on it.
Is this list in a word format or a pdf? Because if beatwriters have seen his list, it has to be out there somehwere.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:26 AM
flyerfanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
did he hit free agency? if so, that counts as 1
I remember LA being in the hunt for him, so yeah he did hit free agency.

On topic...
Well if I were in his shoes, I'd definatly wait untill 1st July even if I knew I'd sign with Nashville. Trolling all the GMs, getting some of those videos from the cities wanting you and all that.. And ofc the fact that everyone in Nashville will love him if he signs with you after 1st July.

That said, most people probably wouldn't do that.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:56 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
did he hit free agency? if so, that counts as 1
Patrick Elias is another.

You are talking about a very small sampling if you limit to star players.

Of the top 30 scorers in the NHL this year, only 4 have made it July 1 UFA-- Kovalchuk, Elias, Hossa, Gaborik. 2 of the 4 stayed with their original team after July 1. Hossa was close to re-signing in Pittsburgh but money was an issue.

Not that I think Suter has a 50% chance of staying, but there is a chance. But Poile needs to know if it's a no, so we can trade his rights.

Old
05-23-2012, 02:34 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

things that looked like a good idea at the time
Quote:
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.150m) / David Legwand ($4.500m) / Martin Erat ($4.500m)
Sergei Kostitsyn ($2.700m) / Mike Fisher ($4.200m) / Alexander Radulov ($3.180m)
Patric Hornqvist ($3.083m) / Colin Wilson ($1.127m) / Craig Smith ($0.900m)
Jordin Tootoo ($1.150m) / Nick Spaling ($1.050m) / Matt Halischuk ($0.713m)
DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($6.500m) / Shea Weber ($7.500m)
Ryan Ellis ($1.440m) / Dennis Wideman ($3.889m)
Jonathon Blum ($1.227m) / Roman Josi ($1.000m)
Kevin Klein ($1.350m) /
GOALTENDERS
Pekka Rinne ($7.000m)
Anders Lindback ($0.915m)
BUYOUTS
J.P. Dumont ($1.333m) / Brett Lebda ($0.467m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,873,093; BONUSES: $885,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $1,426,907
I would probably trade Klein if I could.

Old
05-23-2012, 02:55 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend View Post

Ellis\Wideman would get absolutely torched, and on no planet does Jon Blum push Klein out of the lineup.

Old
05-23-2012, 05:23 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend View Post

Klein is an absolute bargain at 1.35 mil.

even if Suter and Weber stay and Josi and Blum and Ellis all rocketed upwards in their development he would be a steal at that price as a thrid pair defenseman.

Old
05-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Gotta wonder where AK and Rads stand in Poile's eyes.

Weber doesn't seem too impressed.

Old
05-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Everlong
-

I wish we could acquire Jordan Staal. We need more talent down the middle and Pittsburgh needs wingers. I say anyone is on the table with the exception of Erat (NMC anyways) to get it done. I think we make very good trading partners.

Old
05-23-2012, 08:24 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Ellis\Wideman would get absolutely torched, and on no planet does Jon Blum push Klein out of the lineup.
The 2011 earthling Jon Blum pushes Klein out of the lineup.

Now is the best time to trade Klien. He's value is inflated because he had a good series vs Detroit. We know he can't sustain that level of play. He's also UFA in a year. Trade him now while his value is high-- or let him rot into UFA like Hamhuis, Timonen, (Suter). This guy can not sustain top 4 minutes on a contending team.

Sign Jason Garrison. Also, SOB or Zanon.

Old
05-23-2012, 08:26 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
I wish we could acquire Jordan Staal. We need more talent down the middle and Pittsburgh needs wingers. I say anyone is on the table with the exception of Erat (NMC anyways) to get it done. I think we make very good trading partners.
It's tempted. But Staal is UFA in a one year. I get the feeling that he's a big hockey market type of guy. So it'd be an extremely risky pick-up assuming it costs a lot (which it will).

Old
05-23-2012, 10:28 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Not to mention, on our team he's a 25 goal guy, tops.

We gripe about the lack of offensive production from our other defensive centers--Fisher and Legwand--Staal would be no different.

Old
05-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Predsboro

Latest from Eklund on Suter:

Quote:
On Ryan Suter

One source put it this way..."There are going to be a whole lot of disappointed teams when it comes to Suter. The places he wants to go are very limited." It appears that the Canadian teams, as well as the Eastern Conference big teams won't be able to just throw money at Suter after all. From various sources I have heard that he wants to either stay in Nashville or sign with either Colorado, Detroit, or Minnesota. When the playoffs began I would have put the chances of Suter signing in Nashville about 70%, however now I would say 45% that Suter returns....which, while it is a higher percentage than I would give to him signing with any other specific team, means I now feel the chances are slightly greater he is leaving Nashville.
(if you don't like Eklund ... don't *****, just skip the post)

Old
05-24-2012, 02:29 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsboro View Post
Latest from Eklund on Suter:

(if you don't like Eklund ... don't *****, just skip the post)
if Suter leaves here for colorado or minnesota(and that culture of success that Leipold is so famous for) I will be happy to just laugh my ass of at him(since I wont be able to piss in his ear) every time he visits and is out of playoff contention

Old
05-24-2012, 02:52 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
if Suter leaves here for colorado or minnesota(and that culture of success that Leipold is so famous for) I will be happy to just laugh my ass of at him(since I wont be able to piss in his ear) every time he visits and is out of playoff contention

You just want to piss in his ear so you can have a new famous patient and take his money.

Old
05-24-2012, 05:45 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
this post makes me laugh my ass off... very much needed after a long day at work and some horrible news

Old
05-24-2012, 08:04 PM
BoxOfChocolates

Quote:
You do realize that the Avs have been rebuilding the past couple of years right? I highly doubt they miss next year, especially if they add Suter.

Old
05-24-2012, 08:10 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
You do realize that the Avs have been rebuilding the past couple of years right? I highly doubt they miss next year, especially if they add Suter.
detroit, vancouver, st louis, nashville, la, phoenix, chicago, anaheim, san jose all look like they could make the playoffs. dallas could too. edmonton got another 1st pick. the west is beyond competitive. much tougher than the east.

detroit, vancouver, la, st louis are all locks for playoffs imo (early I know)... then there is nashville, chicago, phoenix, la, san jose, anaheim, dallas.

colorado won't make the playoffs. neither will minnesota. going off right now. free agency could change it. colorado with suter would still be a fringe playoff team. plus, eklund is the source. don't see him going to mile high..

Old
05-24-2012, 08:21 PM
Emppu

Joonas Järvinen signed as a free agent with Predators: 2 years / 625 000 $ avg (2 way)

Really nice signing here.

Old
05-24-2012, 08:50 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Adding Suter will fix the 8th-worst offense in the NHL?

Suter doesn't have a better chance of winning a Cup in Denver or St. Paul than he does in Nashville. If he leaves for one of those cities, it's not because he wants to win trophies, it's because of his ego, in which case, screw him.

Old
05-24-2012, 09:29 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
I have to agree with the rest. If winning is what matters to him, leaving a team who has gotten to the 2nd round two years in a row for a team who hasn't been in a few years doesn't make sense.

Old
05-24-2012, 10:06 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Best case scenario the Avs are at least three years behind us on the development curve. If suter wants to spend the prime years of his career on a rebuilding team then he's an idiot

Old
05-24-2012, 10:50 PM
BoxOfChocolates

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Adding Suter will fix the 8th-worst offense in the NHL?

Suter doesn't have a better chance of winning a Cup in Denver or St. Paul than he does in Nashville. If he leaves for one of those cities, it's not because he wants to win trophies, it's because of his ego, in which case, screw him.
Having a healthy Duchene and Mueller should hopefully improve our offence, but it was an issue this season.

I agree with this though a 100%. At the current moment, Nashville is a true contender and should stay that way for the next while, while the Avs are still a couple years away.

Old
05-24-2012, 10:55 PM
BoxOfChocolates

Quote:
detroit, vancouver, st louis, nashville, la, phoenix, chicago, anaheim, san jose all look like they could make the playoffs. dallas could too. edmonton got another 1st pick. the west is beyond competitive. much tougher than the east.

detroit, vancouver, la, st louis are all locks for playoffs imo (early I know)... then there is nashville, chicago, phoenix, la, san jose, anaheim, dallas.

colorado won't make the playoffs. neither will minnesota. going off right now. free agency could change it. colorado with suter would still be a fringe playoff team. plus, eklund is the source. don't see him going to mile high..
Nashville is also a lock imo, however the Avs can definitely compete with the other teams, seeing as they did it this year and just barely missed after choking those last 8 or so games

Old
05-25-2012, 01:13 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I have to agree with the rest. If winning is what matters to him, leaving a team who has gotten to the 2nd round two years in a row for a team who hasn't been in a few years doesn't make sense.
I don't think you guys are considering the influence of his family in this decision. If his wife loves the Denver area, that may weigh heavily on his decision. Same with Minny.

Closed Thread