HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ozolinsh Is A Maniac

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2006, 01:12 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot
I'm getting me a new Jersey #24
You may want to wait a few weeks. I suspect he could be a buyout candidate after this season.

Old
03-25-2006, 01:21 PM
bk3nj

wasn't the buyout just a one-time option available to teams before this season?

Old
03-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk3nj
wasn't the buyout just a one-time option available to teams before this season?
it would count on the cap now. it would cost 900K over two season in cap space. I think re-entry waivers is a better option.

Old
03-25-2006, 01:44 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
his defensive inability doesn't make up for his offensive ability. And he's not creating a heck of a lot out there, unless you count that great pass to Sykora for the slapshot goal last night. Pretty elementary.
The only reason his defensive inability is even exploited is because Renney has all of a sudden become ****ing braindead and is pairing him with Poti.

Old
03-25-2006, 04:16 PM
Sakaarnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
The only reason his defensive inability is even exploited is because Renney has all of a sudden become ****ing braindead and is pairing him with Poti.
i agree. i would like to see how he gets along kasper. the baltic connection might work out fine. But as was stated earlier, why to brake up pairing that were working out fine? Well in that case, why on erath did Rangers signed OZO?

Old
03-25-2006, 04:17 PM
robertch

He's been scoring a point per game since he got here. That is no small thing. His defensive game needs work, but that's true of our whole team. Henke's outstanding play used to mask the defensive lapses that would occur. Now they're more obvious.

Old
03-26-2006, 09:19 AM
dedalus

Quote:
That's not accurate. The guy's defensive shortcomings have been exploited his whole career. They can be mitigated by a good partner, but the fact of the matter is that when Ozo is on the ice, the other team's chances get better.

I didn't much like the trade when it went down, and there's been little since to convince me to change my initial opinion.

Old
03-26-2006, 09:21 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
That's not accurate. The guy's defensive shortcomings have been exploited his whole career. They can be mitigated by a good partner, but the fact of the matter is that when Ozo is on the ice, the other team's chances get better.

I didn't much like the trade when it went down, and there's been little since to convince me to change my initial opinion.
You know what I mean, though. My wording might not have been THE best choice, but you know what I mean.

When paired with someone with an ounce of defensive responsibility he is a great asset.

Old
03-26-2006, 09:28 AM
dedalus

Quote:
When paired with someone with an ounce of defensive responsibility he is a great asset.
I know what you mean but I don't see him as a great asset at all - even with a solid defense partner. I see him as a poor man's Paul Coffey. When he's putting up monster points (as he did in Colorado and as Coffey did in Edmonton), he's well worth his shortcomings and is a great asset. Now that he's older and producing significantly fewer points, like Coffey in Philly, he's more detriment than asset.

It's safe to say the PP is better with him, but IMO the team isn't.

Old
03-26-2006, 10:32 AM
natureboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011
ozolinsh is border line pitiful. i'd rather have a free turkey sub and have to start purinton than having him in the line up
Ozolinsh has been pitiful and he and Poti should not be in the same lineup no less the same pairing. Ozolinsh has been sooo bad that we have now suggested too bring back purinton.

Old
03-26-2006, 12:20 PM
broadwayblue

guys, as others have pointed out, including Sam & JD, Ozo is still getting in game shape. he's not quite there yet. i do wonder why you would pair him with Poti though...doesn't make much sense to me. but we'll see what happens once Kaspar gets back in the lineup.

Old
03-26-2006, 09:35 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

He looked exhausted at the end of the game the other night, BUT played with heart imo....

I think your right about him getting in game shape...Renny sure plays him a lot, seems like he's on the ice half the time. Maybe thats the plan.

He did make some nice defensive plays against Tampa, which is encouraging.

Old
03-27-2006, 07:39 AM
True Blue

I think Dedalus is right in what he says about Ozo. Whether by coincidence or not, since he has arrived, the PP has been very, very good and the defensive game overall has been very, very bad.
Someone like Ozolinsh needs to be handled in a very specific way. His PK time needs to be zero, keep whatever PP time he has and he has to have the least ES minutes of all the defensemen. That way you can maximize his strength (PP) and minimize his issues (every other situation besides the PP). At even-strength, the defense has been absolutely atrocious since he has arrived on the scene. I do not think that to be a coincidence.

Old
03-27-2006, 08:22 AM
chosen

He might get better defensively but if he doesn't he is the biggest single negative on the team.

Old
03-27-2006, 08:49 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen
He might get better defensively but if he doesn't he is the biggest single negative on the team.

He averages like a point a game since his arrival...

give the guy a chance...he's working it out.

Old
03-27-2006, 08:50 AM
Fletch

Tb...

I actually think both are a coincidence. The entire team defense has not looked good. The entire team offense hasn't looked great either (not just talking about goals - I'm talking the breakout, play in the neutral zone, cycling, generating chances, etc.). The PP has looked better, but I cannot honestly say that his passes are creating all the goals. He looks good when moving around, and can make the pass, but those aren't what's been getting the goals (except for one really sweet pass to Rucchin). Aside from one game, he's not taking a heck of a lot of point shots - as he's learned how the PP works here. A lot of the goals has been the usual passing back and forth at the point and then to Jagr. Where he's been really disappointing is bringing the puck up ice. I don't see him doing that a lot.

Old
03-27-2006, 09:12 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85
yeah ok dude....have you watched poti for the past 4 years? Ozolinsh is the best offensive D we have. People blow Tyutin....but I think he's insanely overrated...he may be young and have upside...but people act like he's great already...he's an average D...flat out. Ozolinsh is sick......but yes I do agree he needs to take care of his zone more. But he's a maverick...and I LOVE those types.

Yeah, Ok, we're finished here.

Closed Thread