HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Min-Chi

Old
05-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Min-Chi

To Hawks
G Niklas Backstrom (1 yr at 6M cap hit)
Caps 2nd round pick (Acq in Zidlicky trade)

To Wild
Hawks 1st (I believe it is 18th at this point now with Kings to finals)

Hawks get 1 yr upgrade in net at cost of moving down in draft , Wild jump a pick from mid/late 2nd to mid 1st

Hawks can then move Craw or Emery and Wild can re-sign Harding to platoon with Hackett and save on cap

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:22 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

vCash: 500
No thanks.

usernam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns4Norris View Post
No thanks.
Ok ,, Just thought Harding/Hackett could be cheaper as effective 1-2 duo and that Wild could like jumping back into mid 1st

Old
05-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
To Hawks
G Niklas Backstrom (1 yr at 6M cap hit)
Devils 2nd round pick in 2012 (Still to be determined its spot)

To Wild
Hawks 1st (I believe it is 18th at this point now with Kings to finals)

Hawks get 1 yr upgrade in net at cost of moving down in draft , Wild jump a pick from mid/late 2nd to mid 1st

Hawks can then move Craw or Emery and Wild can re-sign Harding to platoon with Hackett and save on cap

I think Backstrom would waive his NMC to go to Hawks since the Wild still look at least a year or two away from being playoff team IMO
I'm not sure the value is quite there.

Consider that Paul Gaustad garnered what turned out to be the 21st OA as a three-month rental. I don't see why a starting goaltender would return less than that for the full year.

First reaction--it would be closer without the 2nd going back to Chicago.

EDIT: Why does Minnesota even need the cap space, or are we solely talking about owner greed here?

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:25 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Hate to dump Backstrom like that, but I'd think long and hard about this.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:25 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

If that's all we can get for Backstrom, I'd rather keep him for one more year and let Hackett get better in the AHL. Harding has durability/injury concers, and I'm not comfortable throwing Hackett into a starting job for most of the season. It's not like we're strapped for cap space either, we don't need to dump his contract.

Old
05-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
I'm not sure the value is quite there.

Consider that Paul Gaustad garnered what turned out to be the 21st OA as a three-month rental. I don't see why a starting goaltender would return less than that for the full year.

First reaction--it would be closer without the 2nd going back to Chicago.

EDIT: Why does Minnesota even need the cap space, or are we solely talking about owner greed here?
Why do Wild need a 6M #1 goalie when they have a solid 1A option in Harding and a good young goalie who can play 1B role

And Gaustad was traded at deadline ,, Prices are always inflated at deadline

As for the 2nd going Hawks way ,, Giving up 18th overall for a 1 yr goalie in 30's with hip injury history and 6M cap hit isn't fair value

Quote:
If that's all we can get for Backstrom, I'd rather keep him for one more year and let Hackett get better in the AHL. Harding has durability/injury concers, and I'm not comfortable throwing Hackett into a starting job for most of the season. It's not like we're strapped for cap space either, we don't need to dump his contract.
Harding IMO could be solid for 40-45 games as 1A with Harding as 1B ,, I see no reason to keep Harding in AHL as he has shown his game is NHL ready

I just dont see Wild as playoff team next year and think this trade helps all involved

-Hawks get G upgrade
-Wild move an expensive non critical part of team and move a mid 2nd into a mid 1st round
-Backstrom moves on to a contender as he enters the twilight of his career

Old
05-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 404
I'd think about it.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

To Minnesota
Crawford, 18th overall, Holl/Lalonde

To Chicago
Backstrom, 2nd rounder

Minnesota gets a goalie who could split time with Harding and allow Hackett to stay in the AHL for another year or two, 18th overall, and a decent prospect.

Hawks get Backstrom for 1 year in an attempt to make a run at the cup, and a 2nd rounder.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:36 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Done.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:37 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Why do Wild need a 6M #1 goalie when they have a solid 1A option in Harding and a good young goalie who can play 1B role

And Gaustad was traded at deadline ,, Prices are always inflated at deadline

As for the 2nd going Hawks way ,, Giving up 18th overall for a 1 yr goalie in 30's with hip injury history and 6M cap hit isn't fair value

Harding IMO could be solid for 40-45 games as 1A with Harding as 1B ,, I see no reason to keep Harding in AHL as he has shown his game is NHL ready

I just dont see Wild as playoff team next year and think this trade helps all involved

-Hawks get G upgrade
-Wild move an expensive non critical part of team and move a mid 2nd into a mid 1st round
-Backstrom moves on to a contender as he enters the twilight of his career
You keep bringing up price as a sticking point for why we should trade Backstrom, but you don't understand that we don't care. We don't need cap space this year.

And while Harding could be a viable option for starter when he's healthy, he really has problems staying healthy. If he got injured, throwing Hackett into the starting position every night, not only would that leave us with an inexperienced young player as a starting goalie, but our backup would be Kuemper.

We have absolutely no reason to trade Backstrom this year, and moving up 20 spots in a weak draft is not enticing enough.

Old
05-23-2012, 03:38 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski View Post
To Minnesota

To Chicago
Backstrom, 2nd rounder

Minnesota gets a goalie who could split time with Harding and allow Hackett to stay in the AHL for another year or two, 18th overall, and a decent prospect.

Hawks get Backstrom for 1 year in an attempt to make a run at the cup, and a 2nd rounder.
This, I'd do.

Old
05-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 404
Quote:
To Minnesota

To Chicago
Backstrom, 2nd rounder

Yes, please. Are you sure that's not overpayment?

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Where do I sign?

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:44 PM
forthewild

Quote:
To Minnesota

To Chicago
Backstrom, 2nd rounder

don't want a goalie coming back as we can fill the hole with endrass if Hackett isn't ready.

but i'll take holl

how about

Hawks 1st and Holl

BAckstrom and our 3rd

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Pheasant the peasant
Lupul Fan

Quote:
You keep bringing up price as a sticking point for why we should trade Backstrom, but you don't understand that we don't care. We don't need cap space this year.

This is true. Minny would pretty much be the lowest spending team if they moved Backstrom's 6Million for just a pick. They have no need to open up cap space, at all.

But if Backstrom is not going to be around much longer anyway, then it would make sense to see what he would bring back in a trade. Similar situation to Kipper in Calgary, a difference being that Backs is younger.

A mid 1st is probably a decent offer, but I can't imagine they would send a pick the other way too. Remove the 2nd from Minesota, and maybe toss a reclamation contract to the wild.

To Hawks
G Niklas Backstrom

To Wild
Hawks 1st (18 OA)
Michael Frolik (2 yrs, 2.3M)

Pheasant the peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:51 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
To Minnesota

To Chicago
Backstrom, 2nd rounder

I'd do this trade. Equal value for both, although the Chicago prospect pool is a bit thin...

Harding/Crawford as a 1a/1b tandem with Bob Mason at the helm?

Yeah, I'd be fine with that. Edit; and I don't care for Crawford.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:53 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
I'd do this trade. Equal value for both, although the Chicago prospect pool is a bit thin...

Harding/Crawford as a 1a/1b tandem with Bob Mason at the helm?

Yeah, I'd be fine with that.
I'd do the Crawford/1st/Holl for Backstrom/pick trade.

As to the bolded.. What?

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:56 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

It might be a bit of an overpayment, but IMO the Hawks can't go into next year with Crawford/Emery as our goalies.

Crawford had a bad year, so Minnesota is gambling that he can either do better playing in less games and as a safety net for Harding or that he'll rebound and return to how he looked in 10-11 season.

Lalonde has a lot of promise and talent, but he also kind of took a step back this past year in Rockford. He's blazing fast, good passing and a good offensive-minded player... but his point totals took a hit last year. He might need a change of scenery.

Holl is another puck-moving type defenseman who still needs more time. Could develop into a solid NHLer, but with Leddy and Clendening in front of him as PMD, he might not get a chance with us at all.

The 18th overall swap for Minny's 2nd rounder is a hit for us, but in the end we pay to get a much better goalie and for you to take Crawford's contract for the next couple years in hopes that the Hawks can re-sign Backstrom. Holl or Lalonde is just a bit of a sweetener as there's not a huge reason for Minnesota to do it otherwise.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:56 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I would probably do Backstrom+2nd for 1st+4th or something like that. I'd want a second pick, even if it's mid or lower.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 04:00 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Crawford would have to be part of it or moved before the trade. Ideally Emery as well, then we can just start from scratch. The 6M cap hit is a lot though. It would be hard to fix other major problems with the team after bringing it on.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 04:03 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
don't want a goalie coming back as we can fill the hole with endrass if Hackett isn't ready.

but i'll take holl

how about

Hawks 1st and Holl

BAckstrom and our 3rd
Please, do recall Endras, he is the light of my life and I hardly ever get to see him play outside of Team Germany duty.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Pheasant the peasant
Lupul Fan

Quote:
It might be a bit of an overpayment, but IMO the Hawks can't go into next year with Crawford/Emery as our goalies.

Crawford had a bad year, so Minnesota is gambling that he can either do better playing in less games and as a safety net for Harding or that he'll rebound and return to how he looked in 10-11 season.

Lalonde has a lot of promise and talent, but he also kind of took a step back this past year in Rockford. He's blazing fast, good passing and a good offensive-minded player... but his point totals took a hit last year. He might need a change of scenery.

Holl is another puck-moving type defenseman who still needs more time. Could develop into a solid NHLer, but with Leddy and Clendening in front of him as PMD, he might not get a chance with us at all.

The 18th overall swap for Minny's 2nd rounder is a hit for us, but in the end we pay to get a much better goalie and for you to take Crawford's contract for the next couple years in hopes that the Hawks can re-sign Backstrom. Holl or Lalonde is just a bit of a sweetener as there's not a huge reason for Minnesota to do it otherwise.
I'd say thats too much to give up. It's not like Chicago has lots of prospects coming up the pipeline. Leddy doesn't make every other young prospect expendable. There is no D prospect that is a sure thing, at the moment. Thats including Olsen and Vishnevskiy.

I can't imagine too many Hawks fans will be OK giving up Lalonde and this years 1st. Holl, maybe. Isn't he a Minesota boy?

Pheasant the peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 04:05 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I'd do the Crawford/1st/Holl for Backstrom/pick trade.

As to the bolded.. What?
I've probably been to about the same number of IceHogs games as Wild games. In-laws have season tickets and the still refuse to call it the BMO Harris Bank Center...

I don't have a very high opinion of the IceHogs roster and Saad was about the only Junior player not eligible for the AHL last season.

Hey, last season the Aeros sucked as all of our good prospects were not A eligible...

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 04:26 PM
grN1g

most fans here are going to agree this is probably a good deal for both teams, but i think GMCF has alot of respect for players like backstrom and wouldn't dump him in a trade like that. UNLESS of course hes what stands in your way of signing the better free agents this summer.

gotta look at that kind of stuff from a players perspective, probably doesn't look good to dump our more legit goalie who can be very good for long stretches for cap space. i dont think our captain and certain other players would be very happy with that, the Schultz trade already caused some shocks within the locker room.

grN1g is offline   Reply With Quote