HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCF Gm #5 5/22/12: KINGS Defeat COYOTES in OT 4-3, Win Series 4-1, WE WANT THE CUP !!

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Seeing how the Moreau and Hunter signings turned out, I hope Lombardi has learned his lessen when looking to bring in veteran players who are on their last legs. He struck gold with guys like Scuderi and Mitchell though, but they're players who have a lot of hockey left in them, unlike those others.

Now it'll be interesting to see how many of the UFAs of the current squad will be retained.

Old
05-23-2012, 04:20 PM
mbar

Any way to hear nick's call of the OT winner from the radio last night?

Old
05-23-2012, 04:21 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
It's really sad you continue to champion these cheap shots at people. Do you really think Kurri was "sick" when Stoll scored the OT goal in Vancouver? We already know you think anyone who has been critical of the team (myself, Ziggy, Zad etc) don't deserve to be enjoying this, we know that much. Guess you feel the need to pick on him now too.

Stoll SUCKED the entire season while collecting a pretty large paycheck, any criticism directed his way this season was completely justified. He was terrible offensively, terrible defensively, took awful penalties all season and for most of the season looked like he didn't want to be here because of his demotion. He has certainly picked up his play in the playoffs, but he stunk this year and has been pretty bad for most his tenure as a King (granted, he was woefully miscast as a 2nd line center for three seasons).

The same can be said of Penner and for large stretches of the year Richards and Doughty. Thankfully Quick played at an MVP level to enable these guys to even have a chance to redeem themselves in the playoffs.
Not at all Herby, in fact I applaud you for hanging around here during this playoff run. You were critical, but you didn't duck and hide when the Kings succeeded. I also don't recall saying anything about or against Zad. Wish he'd post here again honestly. Found him to be very insightful.

Me and Ziggy, well we don't see eye to eye, but I have nothing but positive things to say about him as a fan. I know he's a diehard like you and me, and though I've been critical of the things he's said at times, that can be said for many posters on here. We all have posters we like and don't like. Overall, I think Ziggy is likely as passionate as a fan as they come (haven't met him, but hope to someday).

As for Kurri, PSP, tomd, etc. that's par for the course. There's a reason those posters (and it's not just me doing it Herby) get called out. They are constantly here, berating the team or, in Kurri's case, a particular player, yet when the going gets good, they can't be found. Why shouldn't they have the odd jab tossed their way? They have no problem arguing with anyone who would dare be positive about the Kings, yet when the Kings validate that positive emotion, they disappear and don't bother coming on the boards.

I know Stoll sucked this year. As a huge Stoll supporter, even i at one point said the Kings should deal him away for Brad Boyes, just to get him out of here because he clearly wasn't fitting on the third line. I was wrong, and I can admit that. Heck, I just brought it up without someone having to dig around in my past posts to find it. There are other things I'm wrong about and will admit too, just look in the thread Ziggy started to look back on our comments regarding the Sutter hiring. I was also arguably the most critical of the Penner deal, and right now I'd be fine with someone telling me so. I took a stand, as we all do, I'm willing to stand by my position, even if I was wrong. Same goes with Doughty and Richards and all other Kings.

I don't expect people to dig up old posts and say "hey, see how wrong I was" but if you're going to constantly come on here and state repeatedly how bad, terrible or whatever the Kings are or a player is, you should have the balls to poke your face around here when things go good. It's why I respect posters like you and like Axl Rhoadz (who had more reason than anyone to go hide after his famous thread), and why I don't with guys like PSP, etc.

Old
05-23-2012, 04:22 PM
outofrange

Yotes tears taste great for breakfast and for lunch. Babies.

My voice is shot and I slept for a few hours last night, too pumped to really doze off. I can't believe it.

Old
05-23-2012, 04:24 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Seeing how the Moreau and Hunter signings turned out, I hope Lombardi has learned his lessen when looking to bring in veteran players who are on their last legs. He struck gold with guys like Scuderi and Mitchell though, but they're players who have a lot of hockey left in them, unlike those others.

Now it'll be interesting to see how many of the UFAs of the current squad will be retained.
I still wonder if Moreau/Hunter was in reaction to Holloway going to Europe unexpectedly.

Old
05-23-2012, 04:26 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:

The Moreau signing was an abomination. He is on the all-time most useless team for the Kings. And he is a real jack ass too. Please tell me if we get 4 more wins this guy doesn't get any kind of recognition for the abysmal 25 or so games he "played" here this season. I know he won't get his name on the cup, but if this guy gets a dime of any kind of championship bonus it's a dime to much.

The Carolina Hurricanes have over time become one of my favorite teams of all time. We should all thank these guys for preventing the likes of Moreau, Smyth, Torres, Peca and Pronger from having their names on the Cup (sadly Pronger did win a year later).

Atleast give Hunter some credit for being a pro and reporting to Manchester and working with the kids. Moreau sulked and went home with a supposed injury (funny he was fine before the demotion) Hopefully this pathetic POS never plays again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I still wonder if Moreau/Hunter was in reaction to Holloway going to Europe unexpectedly.
Moreau was one of the worst players in the NHL in 2010-2011 and Hunter was just ravaged by injury. They were terrible signings when they happened and they look even worse with how Nolan and King have played.

Just more fuel to the fire on how bad a coach TM was, I mean how could the coaching staff have possibly thought Ethan Moreau was a better fit than King or Nolan. It's mind boggling.

Last edited by Herby: 05-23-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old
05-23-2012, 04:26 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
I would bet that is exactly what happened. I wonder how Bud feels now.

Yes you made about what ? 100,000 dollars more........But you are also not in the future plans for a Cup team(ATM).....

I have way a new found respect for Slava, That kid's DAD was dying in Russia. But Slava stuck it out.

Old
05-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Awesome.

Old
05-23-2012, 04:29 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruel11 View Post
awesome. :d

lmao

Old
05-23-2012, 04:32 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

I wonder if the Coyotes attendance would be better if they got rid of the stupid howling. You would have to be pretty far in the tank to find that a tad bit amusing. Even the Ducks dont quack after every goal. I dont think I could sit through a season of that.

Old
05-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
When the season started, the Kings lines were:

Gagne-Kopitar-Williams
Penner-Richards-Brown
Richardson-Stoll-Hunter
Clifford-Lewis-Moreau

Seeing how Hunter earned a spot on the roster after a camp tryout, it is very likely that his signing could have been a spot that Holloway and/or Moller would have competed for.

I think Moreau was signed as a veteran replacement for the loss of Smyth. Not sure why they elected to go with another LW though considering how loaded the team was on the left side and they had no other choice but to play Moreau on his wrong side.

Thankfully Fraser became a revelation and cemented himself as a fourth line center and Nolan and King both emerged as big bodied forwards who can handle the puck, something Moreau and Hunter were both expected to do.

Old
05-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
I think Moreau was signed as a veteran replacement for the loss of Smyth. .
Well that worked out perfectly then. Moreau played about as well in his 28 games as a King as Smyth did in his final 28 games as a King!

Seriously, I think people forget just how awful our bottom 6 was at the beginning of the year.

God Bless King, Nolan and Fraser and what they added to this team.

Old
05-23-2012, 04:44 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Awesome.

Old
05-23-2012, 04:47 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Well that worked out perfectly then. Moreau played about as well in his 28 games as a King as Smyth did in his final 28 games as a King!

Seriously, I think people forget just how awful our bottom 6 was at the beginning of the year.

God Bless King, Nolan and Fraser and what they added to this team.
I know I was angry at the bottom six pretty much all year. Until Nolan and King came in, the bottom six (minus Fraser) was just awful..... Fraser was the only guy(bottom six) showing any kind of passion. Hell Cliffy looked like he slept walked through half the season(that is tough for that kid).

Lots of work to do ahead, but I am very interested in seeing how Sutter handles Cliffy next year. Cliffy needs to play a game like Brown does.

Old
05-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Lets not forget about the contributions of Brad Richardson.

He has played excellent on the 4th line as well, after not playing much in the second half of the season.

Who knows what happens if he doesn't get that huge goal in Game 5 vs. Vancouver.

Old
05-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Clifford is a Sutter-brand player. He'll do well under Darryl's watch. Not sure where he will fit in next season though if most of the roster stays intact.

Old
05-23-2012, 04:56 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Awesome.

Guy could at least spelled his name right.

Old
05-23-2012, 05:06 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrange View Post
Yotes tears taste great for breakfast and for lunch. Babies.
They're the biggest bunch of whiners I ever seen. Ever. They had no accountability for themselves. None.

Old
05-23-2012, 05:11 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
They're the biggest bunch of whiners I ever seen. Ever. They had no accountability for themselves. None.
Quisp summed it up well:

"I think what we’re seeing here is a window into the Coyotes’ actual team psychology. They have been feeding for so long on the fact that they have been on the verge of bankruptcy, legal troubles, one foot out the door to other cities, playing in empty arenas — using all of that as a rallying cry — that their sense of persecution has become an ingrained and defining part of their collective identity.

“Everyone is out to get us” — in its various iterations — has been their team motto, and they’ve used it to their advantage, until now. And their psychotic reaction to actually losing is the flip side of believing their own internal narrative."

http://www.mcsorleys-stick.com/expla...tic-breakdown/

Last edited by TonySCV: 05-23-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old
05-23-2012, 05:11 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
lol @ dude in clown outfit in the second pic.
There is another guy giving the middle fingers!

Old
05-23-2012, 05:20 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
This is going to be a long week.

Old
05-23-2012, 05:22 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Quisp summed it up well:

"I think what we’re seeing here is a window into the Coyotes’ actual team psychology. They have been feeding for so long on the fact that they have been on the verge of bankruptcy, legal troubles, one foot out the door to other cities, playing in empty arenas — using all of that as a rallying cry — that their sense of persecution has become an ingrained and defining part of their collective identity.

“Everyone is out to get us” — in its various iterations — has been their team motto, and they’ve used it to their advantage, until now. And their psychotic reaction to actually losing is the flip side of believing their own internal narrative."

Ah, positive energy into negative energy. Perfectly summed up. Gotta learn where to draw the line. It wasn't there.

Old
05-23-2012, 05:23 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbar View Post
Any way to hear nick's call of the OT winner from the radio last night?
Ask KingsVision and you shall (sometimes) receive. They do take requests in the stickied thread ya know

http://video.kings.nhl.com/videocent...8948&catid=731

Old
05-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Happy B-Day Shellz I hope you get another present in 2 weeks

Thanks, puck! GOOO KINGSSSSSS

Old
05-23-2012, 05:30 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Quisp summed it up well:

It's that, and they didn't have Bryzgalov to throw under the bus this time. Bryz may have come up short in the playoffs, but at least he knew it.

Closed Thread