HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Min-Chi

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-23-2012, 04:26 PM
  #26
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
 
Jeffrey Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Side
Country: United States
Posts: 5,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheasant the peasant View Post
I'd say thats too much to give up. It's not like Chicago has lots of prospects coming up the pipeline. Leddy doesn't make every other young prospect expendable. There is no D prospect that is a sure thing, at the moment. Thats including Olsen and Vishnevskiy.

I can't imagine too many Hawks fans will be OK giving up Lalonde and this years 1st. Holl, maybe. Isn't he a Minesota boy?
It might slightly be overpayment but it's the kind that's necessary to get a better goalie.

We already have Keith/Seabrook until they retire, essentially. Hjalmarsson is here for another couple of years if we choose to keep him here. Leddy is already a 2nd pairing defenseman. Montador has another 3 years on his contract, and Olsen has shown flashes of being a good defenseman.

So we have 6 NHL defenseman right now. FA is also an option if we need to fill in a spot. Clenny and Johns look promising, and we still have a couple Rockford guys who might be alright to fill in the bottom pairing if need be. I like Paliotta too. Holl and Lalonde probably won't push Leddy or Clendening out of the line-up. And if they ever do turn out to be as good, then you can call it even for trading us Leddy for Barker

I'm not sure about other Hawks fans, but I'm okay with risking that deal. It's not like Holl/Lalonde project to be 1st pairing kinda guys... they're likely depth defensemen who can move the puck. If the Hawks can re-sign Backstrom after that 1 year, it would be worth it. If he walks and tests the market, then yeah, it would've been a lot for 1 year of Backstrom and a 2nd rounder but that's the risk we have to take.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 04:42 PM
  #27
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,237
vCash: 50
Wild don't need to worry about creating cap space so don't even worry about Backstrom's cap hit being a burden to us because it's not. The original proposal I say no to but a couple of the counter proposals by Hawk fans I would do in a heartbeat. A lot of this goes out the window though if we can't re-sign Harding.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 04:47 PM
  #28
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 20,915
vCash: 1625
Crow and Lalonde for Backstrom?

No picks involved?

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 04:48 PM
  #29
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 9,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Crow and Lalonde for Backstrom?

No picks involved?
The picks are the key to the deal from our end.

Didn't know Crawford had 2 more years remaining; 2nd proposal not as appealing anymore...

Dr Jan Itor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 04:57 PM
  #30
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 20,915
vCash: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
The picks are the key to the deal from our end.

Didn't know Crawford had 2 more years remaining; 2nd proposal not as appealing anymore...
Crawford and Morin?

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 05:15 PM
  #31
D U M B A
The Disaster March
 
D U M B A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,171
vCash: 523
If the Wild take on Crawford or Frolik, I'd rather give up a lower round pick than a second rounder. Is that okay?

D U M B A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 05:38 PM
  #32
Generic User
Dynamic as they come
 
Generic User's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 6,570
vCash: 500
I would take the OP's proposal. Rather let Harding and Hackett compete for time and move on from Backstrom. Wild aren't going to be compete for the Cup next year, so it'd be nice to give Backstrom that opportunity.

And who knows, with #18 and #7 maybe we can flood the trade forums for those picks in exchange for #1 overall.. Fair value afterall, right?

Generic User is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 05:53 PM
  #33
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 101,059
vCash: 340
Maybe using Backstrom's cap hit wasn't right argument

But if the Wild could trim payroll while rolling with solid 1-2 duo in Harding/Hackett and getting a 1st I think the Wild's owner would do it

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 06:06 PM
  #34
usernam*
#TeamSuccess
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 4,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Maybe using Backstrom's cap hit wasn't right argument

But if the Wild could trim payroll while rolling with solid 1-2 duo in Harding/Hackett and getting a 1st I think the Wild's owner would do it
Maybe if it was just Backstrom for the 1st straight up. But again, you keep talking about opening up cap space, which is literally the last thing you should be mentioning for reasons from a Wild POV.

usernam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 06:09 PM
  #35
Pheasant the peasant
Lupul Fan
 
Pheasant the peasant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Greater Toronto Area
Country: Canada
Posts: 979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski View Post
It might slightly be overpayment but it's the kind that's necessary to get a better goalie.

We already have Keith/Seabrook until they retire, essentially. Hjalmarsson is here for another couple of years if we choose to keep him here. Leddy is already a 2nd pairing defenseman. Montador has another 3 years on his contract, and Olsen has shown flashes of being a good defenseman.

So we have 6 NHL defenseman right now. FA is also an option if we need to fill in a spot. Clenny and Johns look promising, and we still have a couple Rockford guys who might be alright to fill in the bottom pairing if need be. I like Paliotta too. Holl and Lalonde probably won't push Leddy or Clendening out of the line-up. And if they ever do turn out to be as good, then you can call it even for trading us Leddy for Barker

I'm not sure about other Hawks fans, but I'm okay with risking that deal. It's not like Holl/Lalonde project to be 1st pairing kinda guys... they're likely depth defensemen who can move the puck. If the Hawks can re-sign Backstrom after that 1 year, it would be worth it. If he walks and tests the market, then yeah, it would've been a lot for 1 year of Backstrom and a 2nd rounder but that's the risk we have to take.
I agree, it would be far better if !acks would be around past that one year.

I just think Chicago needs their D prospects more than Minny does. I do like the premise, though. Chicago would look incredible with Backstrom.

Pheasant the peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 06:11 PM
  #36
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 9,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheasant the peasant View Post
I agree, it would be far better if !acks would be around past that one year.

I just think Chicago needs their D prospects more than Minny does. I do like the premise, though. Chicago would look incredible with Backstrom.
That's the opposite of what I think.

Dr Jan Itor is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.