HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Shane Doan and Mike Smith: Game 5 Antics

Old
05-23-2012, 01:40 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
I don't think I would want him after the way he acted anyway

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:03 PM
VFL615*

How did he act? Because he showed some emotion and feeling unlike some other NHL players do with the stone face one line corporate answers to everything now he is a bad apple?
Shane Doan has been nothing but a great leader and player for that team since he has been in PHX. Sorry but throwing stones at a guy who was obviously very frusterated after a intense battle is not accurate.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:06 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

I'd take him in a heartbeat, but I agree that he's staying in Phoenix.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I don't think I would want him after the way he acted anyway
ding ding ... he came off as a classless ****** in the handshake line

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:52 PM
VFL615*

Not everyone is a robot and he has every right to show what he is feeling. He stood in the line and shook Browns hand. Brown is dirty and probably deserved everything that is said to him.

Old
05-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

I'm with Roenick on this one ... Brown didn't extend his leg on the hit to rosy palms ... no harm no foul no penalty called, shocker

Old
05-23-2012, 04:22 PM
NoNecksCurse

doan is classless.. and a punk. in the handshake, none the less... not like he wasnt suspended this year for dirty hits....

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 04:36 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Do not want. Good thing he is never coming here.

He is pretty good in NHL 12 though

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 04:46 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
doan is classless.. and a punk. in the handshake, none the less... not like he wasnt suspended this year for dirty hits....
Give me examples of Doan being classless and a punk? He was pissed about the outcome of the game and a hit on his teamate. You going to stand there with a smile on your face and rub on Brown after the game?
Doan plays hard and so does Brown. Brown is an instigator and gets under other players skin. Everybody has an opinion on the hit. You would be pissed if it was a Nashville Predator laying on the ice after the whistle. Who is going to come on here and disagree?

Old
05-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Give me examples of Doan being classless and a punk? He was pissed about the outcome of the game and a hit on his teamate. You going to stand there with a smile on your face and rub on Brown after the game?
Doan plays hard and so does Brown. Brown is an instigator and gets under other players skin. Everybody has an opinion on the hit. You would be pissed if it was a Nashville Predator laying on the ice after the whistle. Who is going to come on here and disagree?
I wouldn't be pissed ... I didn't go to twitter after the hit & hashtag phxlak ... I rewound it and saw nothing wrong with it ... neither did Roenick who played for both teams in the twilight of his career

Old
05-23-2012, 05:26 PM
token grinder

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTMmS3Zx2z0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgaxOAGcM6w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyfiVFMNQcc

and that isn't even searching hard.

and don't forget the dirty shot on suter last year i think it was

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 05:41 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTMmS3Zx2z0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgaxOAGcM6w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyfiVFMNQcc

and that isn't even searching hard.

and don't forget the dirty shot on suter last year i think it was
Are you serious. Those are the examples you bring forward against a guy who has played thousands of games. The last two are an absolute joke that you even wasted your time and gave as examples of being classless and a punk. I guess Tootoo should be banned from the NHL then. Wow.

Old
05-23-2012, 07:29 PM
dulzhok

No to Doan. The little left he had of his prime just ended!

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
How did he act? Because he showed some emotion and feeling unlike some other NHL players do with the stone face one line corporate answers to everything now he is a bad apple?
Shane Doan has been nothing but a great leader and player for that team since he has been in PHX. Sorry but throwing stones at a guy who was obviously very frusterated after a intense battle is not accurate.
Absolutely agree. A big, gritty power forward who wears his emotions on his sleeve, gets mad, leads by example, and plays on the edge is exactly what this team needs. Being classy and proper doesn't win you cups. His only downside is that he's getting a little too old, but I still think he has gas left in the tank.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 07:53 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
No to Doan. The little left he had of his prime just ended!
How so?

Old
05-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Lost a little respect for him last night. Still would be ok with him on the team, but im a little more hesitant after he ruined what is, IMO, the most sacred ritual in hockey.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 08:09 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Lost a little respect for him last night. Still would be ok with him on the team, but im a little more hesitant after he ruined what is, IMO, the most sacred ritual in hockey.
I am sure you would have been smiling and rubbing on Brown after the sequence of events before the handshake..

Old
05-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
I am sure you would have been smiling and rubbing on Brown after the sequence of events before the handshake..
That was a clean hit.....I can see why Phoenix was mad, but that wasnt a cheapshot.

This year, in the state semi-final game, a player on the team I was playing against cheapshotted one of my team-mates with about 2 minutes left in a game we were winning 5-0. Sure, I was livid, but I shook his hand all the same. The whole point of that handshake line is sportsmanship, not settling differences. You dont have to be "smiling and rubbing", you just have to suck it up and say "good game"

Old
05-23-2012, 09:01 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
That was a clean hit.....I can see why Phoenix was mad, but that wasnt a cheapshot.

This year, in the state semi-final game, a player on the team I was playing against cheapshotted one of my team-mates with about 2 minutes left in a game we were winning 5-0. Sure, I was livid, but I shook his hand all the same. The whole point of that handshake line is sportsmanship, not settling differences. You dont have to be "smiling and rubbing", you just have to suck it up and say "good game"
Do you think Doan or other players thought that after seeing it live or do you believe they watched it over and over like you in the dying minutes of the game. If you watch the vid Doan handshaked Brown and said a few words. Big deal you guys are making it out like he punched him or got into a physical altercation in the line.

Old
05-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Do you think Doan or other players thought that after seeing it live or do you believe they watched it over and over like you in the dying minutes of the game. If you watch the vid Doan handshaked Brown and said a few words. Big deal you guys are making it out like he punched him or got into a physical altercation in the line.
Of course he was mad. I totally, totally understand that. I think its awesome how passionately he defended his team-mate. At the same time, save it for next year. The handshake line isnt the place for it.

Old
05-23-2012, 09:36 PM
token grinder

by the time media got into the lockerroom, he had to have seen the hit. hell, in the arena I bet he saw the hit in slow mo.

and yes, I consider tootoos play on ice to be along the same lines as doans. walks the edge, borderline classless with little respect to other players.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:40 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

We like Tootoo though.

This is Smashville. This team needs players with balls. I don't agree with Doan or support his actions, but if you gave me the opportunity to put him or a similar player on the team, I'd take it.

The Bruins were huge dicks last year. They won the cup. Same goes for Anaheim in 07.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 06:30 AM
glenngineer

It's funny, lots of other teams have lost series after questionable hits and yet no one has made a mockery of the handshake line like Hanzal and Doan. I've always been a big fan of Doan but if he was upset and was going to shout at Brown, he would've been better served to have gone to the locker room and respect the tradition.

Sure things can get heated but at a certain point, the game is over and nothing is going to change. Shake your opponents hand and move on.

The hit wasn't dirty either.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 08:50 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
It's funny, lots of other teams have lost series after questionable hits and yet no one has made a mockery of the handshake line like Hanzal and Doan. I've always been a big fan of Doan but if he was upset and was going to shout at Brown, he would've been better served to have gone to the locker room and respect the tradition.

Sure things can get heated but at a certain point, the game is over and nothing is going to change. Shake your opponents hand and move on.

The hit wasn't dirty either.
We can all Monday morning quarterback. None of us is in are 30's wanting to win a championship in are profession desperately. None of us were in the heat of the battle or on the ice for all of the inside stuff going on that night. Shane Doan handshaked the guy and said a few words. He did not physically assualt the guy, refuse to shake his hand, or disrespect him publically. He said a few words man to man to Brown and spoke his feelings after the game. I commend the man for telling it how it is and not being robots an unpersonable like most hockey players.

Old
05-24-2012, 08:54 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
We can all Monday morning quarterback. None of us is in are 30's wanting to win a championship in are profession desperately. None of us were in the heat of the battle or on the ice for all of the inside stuff going on that night. Shane Doan handshaked the guy and said a few words. He did not physically assualt the guy, refuse to shake his hand, or disrespect him publically. He said a few words man to man to Brown and spoke his feelings after the game. I commend the man for telling it how it is and not being robots an unpersonable like most hockey players.
He shook his hand but if you watched the video he disrespected Brown. All he had to do was shake his hand and move on and instead he turns to keep yelling at Brown after he shook his hand. Not cool. You can spin it any way you want but you still need to get in line like all the others before you and respect the tradition. Name me another time where you've seen something like this? I've watched hockey for around 35 years and can't remember a time where that happened.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote