HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Penner, Carter & Richards (puckdaddy)

Old
05-23-2012, 11:20 AM
deeshamrock

vCash: 500
Penner, Carter & Richards (puckdaddy)

Island of Misfit Toys Line...

This is an article from PuckDaddy about Penner, Carter and Richards line, and their play , the GWG, he deems them the Island of Misfit Toys line, castoffs from other teams who were maligned by the press in their respective cities and finding success together on the Kings and helping them win.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...tml#more-34023

Ending line...
The Stanley Cup Playoffs are nothing if not an instrument for redemption. Penner, Carter and Richards are symbolic of that.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Kingurentai

All I gotta say is....

THANKS PHILLY!

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:40 AM
kingsholygrail
You Face Jaraxxus!

lol I like that line name a lot.

And you have an adorable dog.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:59 AM
SLang

I like the article, but let's be real here: Carter and Richards both made plays last night that basically put the puck into the Kings net - twice. One could argue that if not for their gaffes, this game might not have even needed OT.

So happy as I am that they vindicated themselves with the GW play, both of them need to re-focus and get where they need to be if we're going to ride this train to the promised land. I am by no means a Richards or Carter hater - but they need to be better.

No comments about Penner, other than the fact that he has really stepped up his game, looks to be trying 100%, is finally using his huge body the right way, and is putting himself in position to get timely, HUGE goals. Really happy to see hom doing well.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 01:34 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
I like the article, but let's be real here: Carter and Richards both made plays last night that basically put the puck into the Kings net - twice. One could argue that if not for their gaffes, this game might not have even needed OT.

So happy as I am that they vindicated themselves with the GW play, both of them need to re-focus and get where they need to be if we're going to ride this train to the promised land. I am by no means a Richards or Carter hater - but they need to be better.

No comments about Penner, other than the fact that he has really stepped up his game, looks to be trying 100%, is finally using his huge body the right way, and is putting himself in position to get timely, HUGE goals. Really happy to see hom doing well.
Richards and Carter messed up, but they could've carried that awfulness throughout the game and we'd be going to game 6. Instead they found a way to get over it when their coach called on them and their line got back those two goals. Sometimes you are going to have a ****** game, but how you respond to that shows what kind of player you really are. I'm willing to give them a pass and I'm sure what happened won't happen again on this run.

This is their chance at redemption after everything that was said about them in Philly. I don't think they are going to blow this.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 01:42 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

"Now, Carter and Richards are playing for the Stanley Cup, while the Flyers are enjoying their time on vacation. Perhaps on an island somewhere."

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post

Agreed. Fans tend to forget these things when team is winning. Those two guys didn't play well and quite honestly I don't think that Car... you know what, I'm not going to say this right now. Let's enjoy the ride.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 04:39 PM
MsWoof

How long before Giroux gets run out of Philly?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/...ng_adventures/

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Nex06

Richards, Carter and Giroux were quite close together.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 05:46 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post

Golden, So Giroux is cancer now right ? Party's too much right ?

Couldn't focus with that party going on....

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post

sweet - maybe we'll get him too

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 05:49 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
sweet - maybe we'll get him too
Awesome, Philly can trade him to us too.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote