HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mikael Backlund

Old
05-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

vCash: 600
My issue with Clay Wilson is his defense. At his experience level it should be better than it is, and despite what the presence of Shattenkirk and Russell might indicate, defense is of the up-most e importance. I like Clay, I liked him when he was in Rochester...just not sure if he can turn the corner required to be a full-time player.

Not sure if that would be enough to turn the Blues' heads or not.

Multimoodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimoodia View Post
My issue with Clay Wilson is his defense. At his experience level it should be better than it is, and despite what the presence of Shattenkirk and Russell might indicate, defense is of the up-most e importance. I like Clay, I liked him when he was in Rochester...just not sure if he can turn the corner required to be a full-time player.

Not sure if that would be enough to turn the Blues' heads or not.
Wilson actually looked really solid in his own end when he was called up this season. He had a couple of lapses which would be expected of any player in that situation, but he really surprised alot of people here with his solid play. For the most part, he made very good decisions and displayed really good skating ability.

And if that wouldn't be enough, I would also offer Backlund and Smith for Stewart. Smith just signed an extension, and he actually reminds me alot of Gio. He has a very good all around game and their careers took somewhat of similar paths in that they were late bloomers. They ONLY reason I would consider moving Smith is because of Wilson. I think they are both good dman and comparable, I just think Smith is further along at this point in their careers.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 08:10 PM
joeyabs
RicoFata'sLoveChild

vCash: 200
Thought I'd bring this one back to life. Backlund had a decent year, what kind of prospects, picks or maybe young defensemen could he return?

joeyabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 08:52 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
He's not going anywhere IMO, he really stepped it up and even got the wear the 'A' while Cammy was down.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 09:52 PM
Gillies32
Bennett=Gilmour

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyabs View Post
Thought I'd bring this one back to life. Backlund had a decent year, what kind of prospects, picks or maybe young defensemen could he return?
to trade Backs I'd want another centre of the same ability back in another trade. Wouldn't want Monahan, Stajan, Granlund, Bouma as our C's

He could get a first from 18-22 IMO

05-04-2014, 09:58 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillies32 View Post
to trade Backs I'd want another centre of the same ability back in another trade. Wouldn't want Monahan, Stajan, Granlund, Bouma as our C's

He could get a first from 18-22 IMO
Backlund is strong 2-way second line center. No way I would move him for the 20th-ish pick. Hes not even in his prime yet either. Backlund is the type of player you hope you get with that kind of pick.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 10:00 PM
ForeverFlameFan

vCash: 500
I am not trading him. He can play center on any line. This year he's proven he can play top 6 minutes and was arguably the best center this year with Sean right behind him.

On a good team, he would be the best 3rd line center who can fill in the top 6 when one is injured.

I am not up for trading him, he has really proven himself this year and expect him to hit 45-60 points this in the 2014-15 season.

ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 10:13 PM
Gillies32
Bennett=Gilmour

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Backlund is strong 2-way second line center. No way I would move him for the 20th-ish pick. Hes not even in his prime yet either. Backlund is the type of player you hope you get with that kind of pick.
I'm not saying I would trade him for tha, just saying that's what we could get for him

Gillies32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 10:27 PM
joeyabs
RicoFata'sLoveChild

vCash: 200
I'm not proposing a trade, I was more interested in what other team's fans thought his value was.

joeyabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 11:28 PM
CaptainCrunch67

vCash: 500
If its not a massive overpayment, there's no need to move him.

We don't need to be moving a guy that really stepped up his game, stepped into a leadership role and a really good 2 way center role and trade him for magic beans.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote