HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tampa Bay- Phoenix

Old
05-23-2012, 06:30 PM
BarberioTheBarbarian

vCash: 500
Tampa Bay- Phoenix

Brett Connolly

Brandon Gormley

First trade proposal and I feel this addresses need for both teams, thoughts?

BarberioTheBarbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Maybe, but a problem I see with it is both players are still prospects. They play the position of the teams need, but they still may take a couple year to develop. Meanwhile in that time the teams would still have their respective holes. I think at this point both teams keep their respective prospects because it's not like they aren't working and need a change of scenery, both are still doing just fine. Each team I think is more than content with keeping who they have and don't want to trade them.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 06:50 PM
HoseEmDown

Phoenix would have to add, not much but a mid pick or prospect. I'd prefer a RHD also since we are loaded at left but he can be a replacement for Brewer. But I don't see Tampa trading Connolly for anything other than to get a #1 goalie or a proven top 4.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 07:08 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Phoenix would have to add, not much but a mid pick or prospect. I'd prefer a RHD also since we are loaded at left but he can be a replacement for Brewer. But I don't see Tampa trading Connolly for anything other than to get a #1 goalie or a proven top 4.
Nah, thats a pretty level trade.

Gormley would be great too, as he and Barberio were a wrecking crew in Moncton. Hedman, Barberio, and Gormley would be interesting in Tampas top four, assuming Barberio can fully round out.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 07:30 PM
HoseEmDown

Connolly has already played a full season in the NHL, Gormley will probably be in the AHL next year. Connolly is ahead already in developement, like I said a slight add by PHX. I also think Gormley is too similar to Barbero to make the trade anyway.

Old
05-23-2012, 07:33 PM
The Hulk

if tampa liked Gormley, we woulda picked him.

The Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 07:33 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Connolly has already played a full season in the NHL, Gormley will probably be in the AHL next year. Connolly is ahead already in developement, like I said a slight add by PHX. I also think Gormley is too similar to Barbero to make the trade anyway.
I wouldn't quite call 15 points and being benched and threatened with being sent back to juniors "ahead in development" per se, and I think you're undervaluing Gormley. He could make the jump now, but Phoenix has zero reason to do that to him. Good kid.

The value ultimately is fair but I think the playing field is set for now on defense and they want to try to get something out of Lee, Aulie, Mikkelson, etc.

Old
05-23-2012, 07:53 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Connolly may be a bit ahead in development, but I think Gormley will be a slightly better player in the future, so that makes it an even trade.

Can actually see both teams doing this. While both teams still have holes in those positions, Phoenix obviously doesn't need much more help, and Tampa seems to be rebuilding (I really don't know what's going on over there, such a bipolar team xD), so both pieces slot in nicely.

Both teams trade prospects from a position of strength for prospects playing a position of weakness. They also fit in pretty well with their long term plans. Actually a pretty solid trade.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 08:02 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
I wouldn't quite call 15 points and being benched and threatened with being sent back to juniors "ahead in development" per se, and I think you're undervaluing Gormley. He could make the jump now, but Phoenix has zero reason to do that to him. Good kid.

The value ultimately is fair but I think the playing field is set for now on defense and they want to try to get something out of Lee, Aulie, Mikkelson, etc.
Aren't you a lightning fan? They didn't send him back to the minors for a reason, he earned his right to stay up. He didn't light up the league but he had moments to show what his potential could be. Gormley hasn't showed the potential on the big stage yet, not saying he can't. Like you said we are good with our gong D so we don't need to make this move we need a more established D.

Old
05-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Shepard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hulk View Post
if tampa liked Gormley, we woulda picked him.
That's a bit of a simple way of looking at it. I've read that Dallas has admitted they should have taken Fowler over Campbell, and quite a few Avalanche fans have said they would trade Duchene for OEL.

Needs and players' stock can change after the draft.

Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 08:18 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
That's a bit of a simple way of looking at it. I've read that Dallas has admitted they should have taken Fowler over Campbell, and quite a few Avalanche fans have said they would trade Duchene for OEL.

Needs and players' stock can change after the draft.
We never admitted that, we're quite happy with the way Campbell is coming along.

Doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake though, but GMJN has never stated it was.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 09:13 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Aren't you a lightning fan? They didn't send him back to the minors for a reason, he earned his right to stay up. He didn't light up the league but he had moments to show what his potential could be. Gormley hasn't showed the potential on the big stage yet, not saying he can't. Like you said we are good with our gong D so we don't need to make this move we need a more established D.
Noooo, it wasn't because he had earned it, it was because they didn't want to send him back to Prince George because they were the worst team in the WHL last year for a bit, and ended up second worst and last in the west. BUT, that doesn't mean hes a bad player, just has a lot of growing to do.

Old
05-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Shepard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
We never admitted that, we're quite happy with the way Campbell is coming along.

Doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake though, but GMJN has never stated it was.
Fair enough. Could have sworn a couple people on the Dallas board said management said they should have taken Fowler after seeing him play in the NHL.

Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:07 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

I can see this happening, supplies a need for both teams.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:59 AM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Yup. I'd do it.

Butchered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:57 AM
DesertDawg

trade seems to be fair, but never been a fan of trading prospect for prospect. Considering how much time and the relationship the franchise has with the player, I would rather the team keep developing the prospect until you already have a better idea of what the player turns out to be.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:48 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

No thanks from this Phoenix fan.