HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundqvist must get a rest

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2006, 03:44 PM
The Dawg*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth
He wasn't treated unfairly. Lundy just flat out outplayed him. Weekes was good at the beginning of the year but Lundy was simply incredible and earned the starting job fair and square.

I don't see any mistreatment at all.
exactly. kluivert there is no double standard that you constantly talk about. we are fans that give insight, well let you know how you are playing and if you are good. kevin weekes is not good. henrik is good. hmmm we praise lundqvist but not weekes. i dont hate weekes as an individual- i think hes a great teammate and he seems to be an incredible nice guy. but they are playin in the nhl and this aint a little kiddie team and us new york fans like to make it known how good the players on our team are. we have the right to boo or cheer.

Old
03-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Unknownbutfamous

Send a message via AIM to Unknownbutfamous
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck
Any pro player in the NHl should be able to handle the schedule. Many other teams have young netminders that play many games. All teams have to go through back to back and tons of games in a few nights with lots of travel. This tired crap is just an excuse for the team playing poorly. 6-8 hours of bed rest and he should be good to go.

When your tired you rely on muscles that you shouldn't be relying on, and thats how you get hurt.

Old
03-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawg
exactly. kluivert there is no double standard that you constantly talk about. we are fans that give insight, well let you know how you are playing and if you are good. kevin weekes is not good. henrik is good. hmmm we praise lundqvist but not weekes. i dont hate weekes as an individual- i think hes a great teammate and he seems to be an incredible nice guy. but they are playin in the nhl and this aint a little kiddie team and us new york fans like to make it known how good the players on our team are. we have the right to boo or cheer.

I never once said Kevin Weekes was mistreated by this team as a previous poster stated, Lundqvist won the starting job fair and square and he desevers more praise than Kevin, but when they BOTH perform equally there are double standards.

I will illustrate with two examples.

1. Rangers Vs Montreal, 2nd game of the season, Weekes stands on his head the entire game but lets in a softie in OT, he gets bashed.
Rangers Vs Philadelphia
Lundqivst stands on his head against the Flyers but lets in a sofite to Joni Pitkanen in OT, he his defended as the savior of a point.

2. Rangers Vs Atlanta, Lundqvist lets in a sofie but otherwise plays brilliantly to earn us a point but his beaten badly in the shootout letting in 3 of 4 shots.
He gets thanked for earning us a point.
Rangers Vs Florida, Weekes lets in a softie but saves 40+ shots earning us a point and then gets beaten badly in the shootout letting in 2 of 3 shots.
He gets mocked instantly.

There are plenty of more exmples just like these ones.
Do Henrik deserve more praise?
Of course he does because more often than not he has outplayed Weekes, when that happens he should get more credit than his counterpart but when they perform equally at any given time they should be treated accordingly by us the fans, not the team, the fans.

Last edited by Kluivert4Ever: 03-26-2006 at 05:45 PM.
Old
03-26-2006, 06:06 PM
Lundqvist102

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
I never once said Kevin Weekes was mistreated by this team as a previous poster stated, Lundqvist won the starting job fair and square and he desevers more praise than Kevin, but when they BOTH perform equally there are double standards.

1. Rangers Vs Montreal, 2nd game of the season, Weekes stands on his head the entire game but lets in a softie in OT, he gets bashed.
Rangers Vs Philadelphia
Lundqivst stands on his head against the Flyers but lets in a sofite to Joni Pitkanen in OT, he his defended as the savior of a point.

2. Rangers Vs Atlanta, Lundqvist lets in a sofie but otherwise plays brilliantly to earn us a point but his beaten badly in the shootout letting in 3 of 4 shots.
Rangers Vs Florida, Weekes lets in a softie but saves 40+ shots earning us a point and then gets beaten badly in the shootout letting in 2 of 3 shots.

Of course he does because more often than not he has outplayed Weekes, when that happens he should get more credit than his counterpart but when they perform equally at any given time they should be treated accordingly by us the fans, not the team, the fans.
I completely agree, it seems like we often critize Weekes based on his reputation than on his actual performance. Great post Kluivert

Old
03-27-2006, 03:08 PM
Its a PP Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever

Rangers Vs Philadelphia

I was that poster Kluivert. When you said he was mistreated I thought you meant by the team and not the fans. My mistake.

Closed Thread