HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Game 5

Old
05-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
There's this thing we like to call small sample size. Look it up. Hank maintained record breaking numbers until the last month of the season.
So you are only using the "small sample size" excuse when you want to prove me wrong? You're the one who brought up Biron. And if we didn't have Lundqvist, what makes you think we would use Biron? I would think we would at least try to get someone else in this hypothetical scenario.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Screw You Rick Nash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
corduroyg

vCash: 500
this series reminds me of 2009 against caps. we were up 3-1 mostly because of lundqvist. but then he $hits the bed the rest of the series, including giving up a big time softie to lose game 7.

hate to say it but i dont know if he'll ever be able to carry us to a cup. just too many playoff disasters with him in goal to give me confidence.

corduroyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tundra

I can't overly fault Hank. He's played so damn good up to this point and 2 of the first three goals he had very little chance to stop. Yes, I guess you can get on his case on the rebound control for the first one. But I find it hard to believe that's he is the goat when there were clear breakdowns on those goals by his defensive support.

Tundra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Ekani

Absolute heartbreak.

No sense in quitting on these guys yet though, still a game 6 to be played and Im sure they will bring it.

Believe, LGR!

Ekani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
It never seems to be the skill guys. Rangers struggle with the Neil's, Chimera's, and Carters of the league.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident61494 View Post
Who said I'm blaming the refs? My basic point is that Stepan and the Rangers were looking for a penalty and they didn't get it. No one was paying attention and the Devils scored. Which, IMO, led to a harder grind...and so on and so on...
Yeah but you don't stop and look at the refs while the play continues. Also I don't think that was the reason Bickel was horribly out of position. I have to look at the replay.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NCRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyNYR View Post
It was because Hagelin made a 75% effort to get infront of him coming back from other zone. So if you were going to blame someone it would be Hagelin for not being in position and giving a half effort to get there.
Well, the thing is, the opposing winger is NOT Hagelin's check, it's the center's, so that's why I ask if SOMEONE was picked up high by a Devil defenseman.

They were doing it all night. They've been doing it all series. Heck, they've been doing it for 20 damn years.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I've been optimistic all playoff's but I just don't see them getting it done.

It's heartbreaking.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue42 View Post
We came damn close to scoring 5 against the devils today. (Gabby shooting over the open net, Cally's double poster by a pube shot)
staals post

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

If we end up losing 3 in a row, then we have to really look at it this way...We never deserved to win this series. This team knows what they gave up tonight. They have to show on Friday why they are the best team in the Eastern Conference.

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Dactyl

Quote:
I've been optimistic all playoff's but I just don't see them getting it done.

It's heartbreaking.
exactly how i feel

Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers1388 View Post
Game 2: 3 goals against
Game 4: 3 goals against
Game 5: 4 goals against

We have no shot to win those games b/c we are not going to score 4 goals or 5 goals against the devils.

Yes he stole games 1 and 3, but would rather his consistency like rounds 1 and 2 than the volatility in conf finals....
Game 2, you mean to tell me that they didn't stop playing once they had that 2-1 lead?

And you bring up Game 4, what the **** did they do in that game that makes you think they played evenly well with the Devils? In that game, Lundqvist needs another shutout if the Rangers want to win.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYRangers1388

Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroyg View Post
this series reminds me of 2009 against caps. we were up 3-1 mostly because of lundqvist. but then he $hits the bed the rest of the series, including giving up a big time softie to lose game 7.

hate to say it but i dont know if he'll ever be able to carry us to a cup. just too many playoff disasters with him in goal to give me confidence.
hate to say it, but this is sort of true....he seems to break down two or three games (usually in a row) every year in the playoffs...and 2 or 3 games is enough to cost a series...

NYRangers1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
Devils fan here, just want to give your boys credit for playing so hard. Easily your best game of the series. Us winning this evens out you guys miraculously winning game 3 So both teams have now won games they had absolutely no business winning.

If your team plays like this again in game 6, it will be a tough game! Your team played really hard so you should be proud of them. That skate goal was BS IMO, however the Devils were still the luckier team this game. That save in the third where the puck bounced off a skate and then went right into the knob of Marty's stick was unbelievably lucky for us That was like the opposite of a seeing-eye shot. I guess we kind of won in Ranger fashion But if your team plays like this again then the series is certainly not over, so don't get too depressed. When your team plays hard it's all you can ask for.
Only problem with that is, this team just played its most emotional game of the playoffs, or right up there with game 5 against Washington that we won. They spent all of their emotion winning this game and I'll be shocked if they're not emotionally drained after this. Also, the Rangers are going back to Prudential Center where they forget how to play hockey. If they had 2 at home it would be different.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroyg View Post

He's the only one on this team I am never worried about ... what I do worry about is the constant effort from the rest of the team.

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYGBleedBlueNYR

We've gotten less calls & FAR less good bounces in every series.

It's not our year.

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:19 PM
fscuttle

Send a message via AIM to fscuttle
I think the Rangers need to study the film from the 2nd period.

fscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:20 PM
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Game 2, you mean to tell me that they didn't stop playing once they had that 2-1 lead?

And you bring up Game 4, what the **** did they do in that game that makes you think they played evenly well with the Devils? In that game, Lundqvist needs another shutout if the Rangers want to win.
They might as well just pack their bags if they cant score at least 3 goals in Game 6 and 7.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

It's tough when you play your best game of the series and lose.

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianguy77 View Post
But the ref's missed a call!!!! lol. If they didn't miss that call the Ranger's would've won the Stanley Cup due to a shift in the space-time continuum!!!..lol. Come on man...really? Bad calls were made or not made on both sides...get over it already.
Do you understand that missed call directly lead to a goal? And the game would have been 3-3 in OT.

Not 5-3 with Rangers facing elimination on Friday.

Heck of a missed call.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

We need a new bottom 6 next season.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYRangers1388

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post

Agree our skaters lost game 4, regardless of Lundy. Point was moreso on Lundy just not having good games. Not saying he was the deciding factor in games 2 or 4, but he didn't play well.

And game 5, he was the deciding factor.

Over 100 games, he's amazing....but he has these 2-3 game streaks where he breaks down, and that can cost you a series in the playoffs unless you have the best team ever in front of you.

NYRangers1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:21 PM
M0rbid

Quote:
As long as Torts is the head coach expect more Boyle-type grinders.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Matt Carle Place
Man Gravity Forgot

Quote:
Any possible way we can bury Boyle in Hartford? What's that? I'm not joking. Seriously.

Matt Carle Place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dactyl

every time the devels throw a cheapshot we should act like we got shot. if we did:
parise out of game 4
zajac out of game 4
parise out of game 6

probs some more but the fact is we need a coach to teach us to play like "cake eaters"