HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone Superstitious?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2006, 06:33 PM
  #1
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,511
vCash: 500
Anyone Superstitious?

Last Time the Swedes won the Gold Medal...Rangers go to the Finals

Anytime a Ranger has scored 50 goals in a season...Rangers go to the Finals

I Am Chariot is offline  
Old
03-26-2006, 06:34 PM
  #2
RothmanHockey
Registered User
 
RothmanHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Port Chester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,666
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Well then, it's done.

No use playing the games, we're gettin the cup.

Sorry, had to do it.

Nice little tidbits, though.

RothmanHockey is offline  
Old
03-26-2006, 06:53 PM
  #3
Lundqvist102
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 745
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYanksRule
Well then, it's done.

No use playing the games, we're gettin the cup.

Sorry, had to do it.

Nice little tidbits, though.
Well he did say that we're only going to the finals, not winning it all

Lundqvist102 is offline  
Old
03-26-2006, 07:47 PM
  #4
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,905
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot
Anyone superstitious?
No.

nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
03-26-2006, 09:16 PM
  #5
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,511
vCash: 500
well we won one and lost one...either way it makes for an extra great Springtime in New York.

The BEST thing about Hockey is that when the playoffs come ANYTEAM can make a run....

You just have to believe...hustle, and score more goals than your opponent on a nightly basis.

I Am Chariot is offline  
Old
03-26-2006, 09:38 PM
  #6
Lundqvist102
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 745
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot
well we won one and lost one...either way it makes for an extra great Springtime in New York.

The BEST thing about Hockey is that when the playoffs come ANYTEAM can make a run....

You just have to believe...hustle, and score more goals than your opponent on a nightly basis.
That would be nice.

Lundqvist102 is offline  
Old
03-26-2006, 10:00 PM
  #7
DontStaal
Registered User
 
DontStaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
i got an idea.. since we're talkin about superstitions...

when we play buffalo, everyone who is watchin the game should wear their jerseys and put them on backwards. I'm tellin you its gonna work

DontStaal is offline  
Old
03-26-2006, 10:06 PM
  #8
Lundqvist102
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 745
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
im only superstitious in a bad way. if that makes sense.

Lundqvist102 is offline  
Old
03-27-2006, 12:30 AM
  #9
nyrmessier011
Registered User
 
nyrmessier011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Charlotte/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,347
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
apparently i am. 0-2 since the last shave. i best do it before i leave for the game tomorrow.

nyrmessier011 is offline  
Old
03-27-2006, 12:37 AM
  #10
RangersMoogle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ohio
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
I hope we meet the Sens in the conference semis, it goes to game seven OT, and Kaspar rips one past Hasek.

I think that'd make people explode. From awesomeness.

Anyway, if the Ranger's give it their all every night, we can easily get the cup.

RangersMoogle is offline  
Old
03-27-2006, 12:49 AM
  #11
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil
 
Draft Guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,631
vCash: 500
I'm too superstitious, if there's such a thing.

Draft Guru is offline  
Old
03-27-2006, 12:54 AM
  #12
Kluivert4Ever
Registered User
 
Kluivert4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
I'm too superstitious, if there's such a thing.

I think that is always the thing.

Kluivert4Ever is offline  
Old
03-27-2006, 12:57 AM
  #13
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil
 
Draft Guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
I think that is always the thing.
I'm going to save myself the embarrassment by not getting into some of the superstitions that I have when it comes to the Rangers.

One thing I will mention is the last time we were in the playoffs was my last year living in my original home. That summer my family moved a few towns over and I attended a new school district. The Rangers did not make the playoffs once during my time at this particular school district. I graduated last June and am out of that district, and what do you know, the Rangers are back in the playoffs. Coincidence? I think not. My time at that particular school district was a curse!

Draft Guru is offline  
Old
03-27-2006, 07:14 AM
  #14
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor
 
klingsor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 14,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist102
im only superstitious in a bad way. if that makes sense.
It makes sense.

klingsor is offline  
Old
03-27-2006, 07:38 AM
  #15
Nich
Registered User
 
Nich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wantagh
Country: Croatia
Posts: 6,895
vCash: 500
if they lose tonight, i am shaving!

Nich is offline  
Old
03-27-2006, 09:28 AM
  #16
DimaNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 247
vCash: 500
it would be interesting to see who here has the weirdest superstition regarding Rangers... when the game is on TV, I must play poker on my cellfone.... if I don't, Rangers lose... as soon as I start playing on my fone, they pick up their game and usually win... and oh yeah... as soon as my mother walks in the room where I watch the game... right away there's a goal against ... happened at least 5 times... now she's scared to even approach the area of the house where I'm watching the game..

DimaNYR is offline  
Old
03-27-2006, 09:31 AM
  #17
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTEKJIO
it would be interesting to see who here has the weirdest superstition regarding Rangers... when the game is on TV, I must play poker on my cellfone.... if I don't, Rangers lose... as soon as I start playing on my fone, they pick up their game and usually win... and oh yeah... as soon as my mother walks in the room where I watch the game... right away there's a goal against ... happened at least 5 times... now she's scared to even approach the area of the house where I'm watching the game..
Jinx's/Curses/Elvis sightings =

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
03-27-2006, 10:15 AM
  #18
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor
 
klingsor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 14,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Jinx's/Curses/Elvis sightings =
Agreed.



















Knock on wood.

klingsor is offline  
Old
03-27-2006, 11:53 AM
  #19
Vitkovice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 81
vCash: 500
if you make it through the first round, you're reaching the semis at least, no need to mention the other possibility I see

Vitkovice is offline  
Old
03-27-2006, 11:57 AM
  #20
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
great info......!

in the hall is offline  
Old
03-27-2006, 12:05 PM
  #21
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,300
vCash: 500
Meaningless stats...

unfortunately, all streaks come to an end, and unfortunately, the sample of the Swedes going to the finals and a Ranger scoring 50 goals is a very small sample. And of course, one doesn't have anything to do with the other.

Fletch is offline  
Old
03-27-2006, 02:39 PM
  #22
Its a PP Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
I'm going to save myself the embarrassment by not getting into some of the superstitions that I have when it comes to the Rangers.

One thing I will mention is the last time we were in the playoffs was my last year living in my original home. That summer my family moved a few towns over and I attended a new school district. The Rangers did not make the playoffs once during my time at this particular school district. I graduated last June and am out of that district, and what do you know, the Rangers are back in the playoffs. Coincidence? I think not. My time at that particular school district was a curse!
Back in '94 there was a guy who locked himself in his bathroom and listened to the game on the radio....this was mentioned in the official cup video. Are you that guy?

Its a PP Goal is offline  
Old
03-27-2006, 03:06 PM
  #23
Cake or Death
.
 
Cake or Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot
Anyone Superstitious?
Only in my own games, where I put on all my gear in a certain order and follow a pre-game ritual when I hit the ice for warmups. Otherwise, no.

Cake or Death is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.